Betterment - Smarter Investing
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Betterment is the largest, fastest-growing automated investing service, helping people to better manage, protect, and grow their wealth. Use Betterment’s smarter technology to manage your investments in a customized, globally-diversified portfolio.
With Betterment’s mobile app, you can safely and securely:
• Access your account with Touch ID or a secure PIN
• Securely link your checking account
• Check the balance and returns of your investments in real time
• Deposit and withdraw money anywhere, anytime
• Manage your portfolio of stocks and bonds
• Review your investing goals and account activity
• Share Betterment with your friends and family
With your Betterment account, you can:
• Build wealth by investing in customized, diversified portfolios of stock and bond ETFs chosen for optimal expected returns.
• Open a regular investment account, a Roth IRA, or traditional IRA, or manage a trust account.
• Save time through automation, including tax-efficient rebalancing, automatic dividend reinvesting, and automatic deposits.
• Save money. We never charge for trades or transactions. All you will ever pay is one low management cost based on your total account balance.
We ensure the utmost security and privacy when it comes to your account:
• Fraud Protection: We protect your account from unauthorized activity.
• SIPC Account Protection: Securities in your account are SIPC protected up to $500,000.
• Privacy Protection: We will never sell your personal information to a third party.
All return figures shown are for illustrative purposes only, and are not actual customer or model returns. Actual returns will vary greatly and depend on personal and market circumstances.
Determination of largest automated investment service reflects Betterment LLC's distinction of having the most clients, based on Betterment's review of client numbers self-reported in the SEC's Form ADV, across Betterment's survey of RIA automated investment services. Determination of fastest-growing automated investment service reflects Betterment LLC's distinction of obtaining the largest number of new clients since January 1, 2014, based on Betterment's review of client numbers self-reported in the SEC's Form ADV, across Betterment's survey of automated investing services.
What's New in Version 3.5
• New - Auto-deposits: Create and manage auto-deposits
• New - Look and feel: Updated Settings menu and PIN screen
• Performance improvements and bug fixes
Really want to like this
I have a 5s with the latest iOS and have had nothing but problems. App crashes repeatedly and logs me out frequently. What's the point of Touch ID if I have to re-authenticate once a day - assuming that's a glitch.
The app is delightful when it it's working, it's just not my primary experience.
Giving three stars still because I like the betterment product, this is purely a frustration with the app.
Great app overall. I have noticed that every few days I need to login again with my password despite having Touch ID configured which is a bit annoying. Also, a notification center widget would be beneficial so I can quickly check my real-time account balances without opening the full app.
Slick, easy, smart app
Nice app updates. Betterment makes investing accessible and takes a bit of the mystery out of it for me. It's great to leverage my money towards specific goals. Now I can actually see some real long term growth, instead of my funds being stagnant in a savings account.