Betterment - Automated Investing
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Betterment is the largest, fastest-growing automated investing service, helping people to better manage, protect, and grow their wealth. Use Betterment’s smarter technology to manage your investments in a customized, globally-diversified portfolio.
With Betterment’s mobile app, you can safely and securely:
• Access your account with Touch ID or a secure PIN
• Use Apple Watch to view your goal and account details
• Securely link your checking account
• Check the balance and returns of your investments in real time
• Deposit and withdraw money anywhere, anytime
• Manage your portfolio of stocks and bonds
• Review your investing goals and account activity
• Share Betterment with your friends and family
With your Betterment account, you can:
• Build wealth by investing in customized, diversified portfolios of stock and bond ETFs chosen for optimal expected returns.
• Open a regular investment account, a Roth IRA, or traditional IRA, or manage a trust account.
• Save time through automation, including tax-efficient rebalancing, automatic dividend reinvesting, and automatic deposits.
• Save money. We never charge for trades or transactions. All you will ever pay is one low management cost based on your total account balance.
We ensure the utmost security and privacy when it comes to your account:
• Fraud Protection: We protect your account from unauthorized activity.
• SIPC Account Protection: Securities in your account are SIPC protected up to $500,000.
• Privacy Protection: We will never sell your personal information to a third party.
All return figures shown are for illustrative purposes only, and are not actual customer or model returns. Actual returns will vary greatly and depend on personal and market circumstances.
Determination of largest automated investment service reflects Betterment LLC's distinction of having the most clients, based on Betterment's review of client numbers self-reported in the SEC's Form ADV, across Betterment's survey of RIA automated investment services. Determination of fastest-growing automated investment service reflects Betterment LLC's distinction of obtaining the largest number of new clients since January 1, 2014, based on Betterment's review of client numbers self-reported in the SEC's Form ADV, across Betterment's survey of automated investing services.
What's New in Version 4.4.9
- Improvements to the Goal Status feature on mobile for qualified customers. This feature tracks portfolio performance and indicates your ability to reach your target, assuming average market performance. Then, it makes recommendations to increase the likelihood of getting your goal back "on track" and allows you to edit your target and time horizon.
- Design updates
- Bug fixes
Lol if you left a bad review because you lost money. Learn something about investing. Betterment does not control the market. The investments they choose are, in fact, very good and fees are low. To the guy who said fees are 10% per quarter... That is a blatant lie. Fees are 0.35% per year for most people.
Betterment is an excellent way to invest, especially for new investors who don't have time to spend hours managing their portfolio. The app lacks many features of the web version, but that's okay since it's best to set and forget.
Easy; from start to savings
This savings and investments service is easy to setup, it's easy to track, easy to adjust and easy to use. They send you helpful and informative reading material regularly. Their automatic investment tool makes adding funds quick and painless. I even get an email reminder one day prior so that I am prepared for it. I encourage everyone; from the young, to the middle aged, to the mature, to do yourself the favor of investing in your future. Get the Betterment app and start investing.
Great service, very nice app, but missing some things
I am very into betterment as a service as a whole, and this mobile app is a super slick companion that does what you want it to do most often very well. You can check your balance, make deposits, see your returns, and view recent activity. Very slick Touch ID and 1Password integration too!!!
It is missing a few things from the web app that I'd love to see, particularly the graphs and other visuals. If it brought in these features, it'd definitely be a 5 star!