Betterment - Smarter Investing
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Betterment is the largest, fastest-growing automated investing service, helping people to better manage, protect, and grow their wealth. Use Betterment’s smarter technology to manage your investments in a customized, globally-diversified portfolio.
With Betterment’s mobile app, you can safely and securely:
• Access your account with Touch ID or a secure PIN
• Use Apple Watch to view your goal and account details
• Securely link your checking account
• Check the balance and returns of your investments in real time
• Deposit and withdraw money anywhere, anytime
• Manage your portfolio of stocks and bonds
• Review your investing goals and account activity
• Share Betterment with your friends and family
With your Betterment account, you can:
• Build wealth by investing in customized, diversified portfolios of stock and bond ETFs chosen for optimal expected returns.
• Open a regular investment account, a Roth IRA, or traditional IRA, or manage a trust account.
• Save time through automation, including tax-efficient rebalancing, automatic dividend reinvesting, and automatic deposits.
• Save money. We never charge for trades or transactions. All you will ever pay is one low management cost based on your total account balance.
We ensure the utmost security and privacy when it comes to your account:
• Fraud Protection: We protect your account from unauthorized activity.
• SIPC Account Protection: Securities in your account are SIPC protected up to $500,000.
• Privacy Protection: We will never sell your personal information to a third party.
All return figures shown are for illustrative purposes only, and are not actual customer or model returns. Actual returns will vary greatly and depend on personal and market circumstances.
Determination of largest automated investment service reflects Betterment LLC's distinction of having the most clients, based on Betterment's review of client numbers self-reported in the SEC's Form ADV, across Betterment's survey of RIA automated investment services. Determination of fastest-growing automated investment service reflects Betterment LLC's distinction of obtaining the largest number of new clients since January 1, 2014, based on Betterment's review of client numbers self-reported in the SEC's Form ADV, across Betterment's survey of automated investing services.
What's New in Version 4.1
• Bug fixes
• Performance improvements
Dear Betterment Team...
I have been using this app for nearly 5 months now. I have also been using the app Robinhood for about 6 months. Both are excellent at what they do. I have been making considerably higher returns from robinhood but for good reason, I have picked individual risky stocks that have done outstanding as of lately (stocks like Netflix). My portfolio with Betterment has been different obviously. I have negative returns as of right now and this is uncomfortable but this too has good reason. For all of you saying you're down 3% over 6 months... Have you not seen the S&P 500 this year? It has flatlined, meaning that if you put all of your money into betterment at the same time there is a chance you land when the indexes are high on the flatline and so it will look even worse than it is. You can't expect much when Greece is defaulting, China is crashing and the U.S. Markets are flat... Don't blame betterment. There is one thing I would recommend to the betterment team though... I would really like to have the option to invest in VNQ. I think real estate should be an available option within the Betterment Portfolio at the very least for a retirement account. VNQ stacks up well with fees and everything I would love to see that.
Four going on five stars
I like Betterment a lot! The general philosophy is great, the technology grinding, the customer service fanatic!
What I don't like is their decision not to make it easy for an investor to track his/her daily results because it violates their philosophy to "set it and forget it it." I understand and like that philosophy, I'm not looking for each security's daily performance because it is a blend that makes it work, but I would really like to be able easily to track the daily account performance. (I feel it protects betterment from negative commentary on down days, but what it does, really, would be to treat their investors like adults.)
I have an account there and I plan to keep it there, but I need a little more info ABOUT MY MONEY before I think about expanding the account.
Consistent Improvement and Features
Since I've started using this app they've been improving it with each update. New features, better design, bug fixes and better integrations(1pass, TouchID).
To the people complaining about returns, please educate yourself about how investing and betterment work before leaving a 1 star review because you are negative after 6 months or that "the indexes" are up and your account is still down. If you have questions send their team a support request first and I'm sure you'll get an excellent and informative response.
Keep up the great work Betterment team!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Jul 10, 2015
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 34.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Betterment
- © Betterment LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.