Betterment - Automated Investing
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Betterment is the largest, fastest-growing automated investing service, helping people to better manage, protect, and grow their wealth. Use Betterment’s smarter technology to manage your investments in a customized, globally-diversified portfolio.
With Betterment’s mobile app, you can safely and securely:
• Access your account with Touch ID or a secure PIN
• Use Apple Watch to view your goal and account details
• Securely link your checking account
• Check the balance and returns of your investments in real time
• Deposit and withdraw money anywhere, anytime
• Manage your portfolio of stocks and bonds
• Review your investing goals and account activity
• Share Betterment with your friends and family
With your Betterment account, you can:
• Build wealth by investing in customized, diversified portfolios of stock and bond ETFs chosen for optimal expected returns.
• Open a regular investment account, a Roth IRA, or traditional IRA, or manage a trust account.
• Save time through automation, including tax-efficient rebalancing, automatic dividend reinvesting, and automatic deposits.
• Save money. We never charge for trades or transactions. All you will ever pay is one low management cost based on your total account balance.
We ensure the utmost security and privacy when it comes to your account:
• Fraud Protection: We protect your account from unauthorized activity.
• SIPC Account Protection: Securities in your account are SIPC protected up to $500,000.
• Privacy Protection: We will never sell your personal information to a third party.
All return figures shown are for illustrative purposes only, and are not actual customer or model returns. Actual returns will vary greatly and depend on personal and market circumstances.
Determination of largest automated investment service reflects Betterment LLC's distinction of having the most clients, based on Betterment's review of client numbers self-reported in the SEC's Form ADV, across Betterment's survey of RIA automated investment services. Determination of fastest-growing automated investment service reflects Betterment LLC's distinction of obtaining the largest number of new clients since January 1, 2014, based on Betterment's review of client numbers self-reported in the SEC's Form ADV, across Betterment's survey of automated investing services.
What's New in Version 4.4.6
- Introducing Goal Status on mobile for qualified customers. This feature tracks portfolio performance and indicates your ability to reach your target, assuming average market performance. Then, it makes recommendations to increase the likelihood of getting your goal back "on track."
- Design updates
- Bug fixes
Very Limited information.
The most frustrating thing about Betterment is that they do not give you a way to see the performance of your individual ETF holdings. They dumb it down to an overall number, but you cannot see how each ETF has performed. Additionally, there are tax loss harvesting Reports only gives you a total number for all of the accounts you may own. As such if several of your accounts are for children or trust, you cannot see how each individual account is performing relative to its tax loss harvest service. I'm disappointed in the app ( and Betterment in general) because they don't let me see how each of my etf investments are performing. Tax loss reporting on a gross basis for all my accounts is not helpful. Wealthfront much more informative regarding this basic info.
Very well thought out and intuitive. Doesn't allow as many options as the full web app, but it wasn't built to replace their web app either, and I don't want it to. For what it's designed to do/be...deposit, withdrawal, see recent articles and updates, nervously checking your account every day (which you shouldn't do anyways)...the app is great!
In regards to the person who said you couldn't see individual funds' allocation...You can actually click whatever fund you're interested in and then click portfolio at the bottom and it'll list your allocation.
I know nothing about investing and this app makes me feel like a rich tycoon even though I'm starting slow with just a few bucks...love it