Bez (a nod to Pierre Bézier’s eponymous curve) is a friendly vector graphics editor that makes it easy to create beautiful and precise art on your iPad and iPad Pro. With full support for Slide Over, Split View, Smart Keyboard, and Apple Pencil, Bez is a flexible and professional tool for designing high-quality illustrations.
The free version of Bez enables you to do almost everything, and a single in-app purchase unlocks these additional features:
• High quality output to PNG and SVG
• Import and export documents to services like iCloud and Dropbox
• Import SVG, OTF, TTF, and ASE files
• Copy alpha images to the clipboard
• Designed for touch, Smart Keyboard, and Apple Pencil
• Interactive tools for creating new shapes and easily editing corners, curves, and line segments
• Support for multiple styles (strokes, fills, and shadows) per object
• Rotate, scale, and translate objects interactively or by entering numeric values
• Unlimited layers and groups for flexible document organization
• Full undo and redo support for worry-free editing
• Snap to objects, a grid, or individual pixels, and use smart guides for accurate spacing
• Symbol library for storing common shapes
• Shape alignment and distribution tools
• Boolean shape operations like combine, subtract, intersect, and exclude
• Pan and zoom up to 4,096% for precise edits
+ Updated online Guide (found under the question mark button in the gallery) to include a new section on the editing interface and its tools.
+ Improved SVG support for "Share" and "Other App" export targets.
+ Improved snap-to-grid behavior in selection, pen, and point tools.
+ Fixed shape tool issues on older iPads.
+ Fixed crash related to double-tapping a menu option.
Thank you for all of your feedback! If you have a moment, we'd love a rating or review in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Almost all my illustrations are done using Adobe Illustrator on desktop and laptop Macs. Have been frustrated by all the want-to-be new apps for the Pro and Pencil that tout themselves as being an all in one. What 95% of them lack...even the so called "vector" apps...is true Bezier features. This app does what it says, and is truly as close to Adobe Illustrator on an iPad Pro as anything out there...even the Draw app for Creative Cloud subscribers which leaves a lot to be desired. After testing this app for 15 minutes I knew this was the one to get, and purchase the Unlock Everything...a bargain at $7.99 after spending much more than that on some of these other so-call Pro sketchers and graphic apps.
One note: would like to see some more features such as Pathfinder, Text on Path...but this is a new app and having dabbled in app development I know that these things take time to further mature...look forward to more feature sets.
Still Testing, but...
I just quit using the vector graphic app I have been using for the last several years to use this instead. So far, it has several areas in which it is superior, and a corporation I don't particularly like recently purchased the other app.
Folks, please just read the info before you download. No one tricked you into anything.
Needs a better brush engine, lacks pressure sensitive drawing
This App is wonderful, but it's missing some vital brush options . I would love to draw like in illustrator draw. The ability to draw different types of lines, with varying tilt and pressure settings is a must. It doesn't take advantage of the Apple Pencil's technology which is a real shame.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.