BGE’s free app allows you to easily access your account information on the go. The app makes it simple to manage more than one account at a time and is available to both residential and business customers on your smartphone or tablet. You can report your outage and stay up-to-date on the restoration status from anywhere. Key features include:
· Easy sign-in with your fingerprint or “keep me signed in” option
· Effortlessly pay your bill
· Report an outage
· Check your outage status
· View the outage map
· View your bill
· Check your balance
· View your account activity
· Manage your AutoPay and Budget Billing settings
. Report your outage without signing in
· View usage data and trends
· Compare your bills
· View your bill forecast
· Set up alerts for your outage status, when your bill is ready to be viewed, upcoming payment reminders, and more
· PeakRewards Device Management
We’ve updated the App to keep customers with certain appointments up to date on the appointment status.
We’ve also clarified billing information
Ratings and Reviews
No way to update data
iPhone X iOS 11.3 Yesterday my neighborhood had a planned outage. About an hour after it was to start, I checked the app and sure enough it showed that my power was out. A few hours later, I went back into the app to check on things, and found that there’s no way to get an update (reload the information). Clicking on another page of the app and then going back to the outage page didn’t help either. So I closed the app and tried to reopen it, and got a message stating that the app couldn’t be opened and that I should check BGE’s web site. What??? As far as I’m concerned, that makes the app pretty useless.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're very sorry that you had trouble. If you would like to provide us more information we would like to help. Your device model and operating system? Also, if you would like to email us directly at MyHomeRep@bge.com and provide us your account number and contact information in a private message we could assist further. We do hope if you continue to use the app in the future that it be a much easier process for you.
Two annoying problems
1. When attempting to read bill, I try to zoom in. Certain scrolling actions causes the pdf to reload which already takes a long time.
2. Payments (credit card) aren’t reflected immediately so you can’t really tell if anything has been paid. Turns out I made 4 payments in the same month - I think I racked up $1.50x4=$6.00 in convenience fees to boot. Its 2018 where we expect real time feedback (e.g. account credited), not a payment processing message that remains for days.
Otherwise the app is very nice, well organized and understandable. But these annoying problems prevent me from wanting to use it so I am just opting for snail mail bills.
Four kids and freezing
I’m shocked I had a request to write a review, but I’m happy to do so. I am the first to understand the facts of dealing with a weather induced electric outage issue, however, I find it ridiculous that BGE has decided not to answer their phones. As customers we have a right to know what is going on and when our particular address will have it’s power restored, not just online status saying the same thing for three days “assessing”. If necessary we will be showing up at a BGE office tomorrow (with 4 kids in tow) to get some answers. We have been without power, while every street that surrounds us has been restored, for two days and nights.
- EXELON BUSINESS SERVICES COMPANY, LLC
- 69.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Baltimore Gas and Electric Company
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.