Bhagavad Gita (Sanskrit & English)
By Krishna Varma
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Bhagavad Gita represents the epitome of the philosophy contained in Sanatana Dharma. In elegant Sanskrit verses, it lays out the path to self-realization. The teachings contained are as relevant and practical in today's world as they were thousands of years ago when they were revealed during the battle of Kurukshetra.
This application aims to provide a quick pocket reference and memorization-aid for the verses of the Bhagavad Gita.
- Each Sanskrit verse is provided in crisp and clear Devanagari script (as well as ISO 15919 Roman transliteration) along with the English translation. A student of Sanskrit will appreciate the English translation which strives to not only be literal but also match the word order as closely as possible to the original Sanskrit.
- Quick access to every sloka using familiar touch interactions (spinning-wheel and flick gestures)
- Favorites feature to aid in memorization
- Fully functional in offline mode as well
Also be sure to check out these related top-rated apps available in the app store:
Sanskrit Primer - Learning and reference app
Om Tat Sat
What's New in Version 1.2
- Corrections to several slokas
- Improved formatting for transliterated slokas
Also be sure to check out these related top-rated apps: Sanskrit Primer (learning and reference app) and Vishnu Sahasranaama
Stopped working after ios 9.1 upgrade
This is the best app on Bhagavd Gita. Very good and concise translation from Sanskrit to English. I was using this app for last couple of years as a reference. But off late after upgrading to ios 9.1 this app stopped working altogether and iphone screen becomes unresponsive after opening the app. deleting and re-installing app didn't seem to help either. Please fix this great app. I won't mind if you release a paid version of this app but please try to fix this screen freeze issue.
The Best App on Bhagvat Gita
Clear, concise and actually as it is. This Gita app is well translated in English from Sanskrit as it is written and does not try to find hidden meanings in words. If you know a little bit of Sanskrit you will understand. Please update the wonderful app as it has stopped working on iOS 9.1.
Thanks a for this app and Free! great for quick reference. My suggestion - to make Chapter names to original Sanskrit rather than English translated names. Sankhya Yoga - instaead of 'Yoga of Knowledge' becauase, even 'Gnaana Yoga' also means almost same. Basically, you can't find exact wording in english for many Sanskrit words. So atleast names, keep as is. My 2cents. Thanks again.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 10, 2010
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: KRISHNA VARMA
- © 2010 Krishna Varma
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.