Bhagavad Gita (Sanskrit & English)
By Krishna Varma
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Bhagavad Gita represents the epitome of the philosophy contained in Sanatana Dharma. In elegant Sanskrit verses, it lays out the path to self-realization. The teachings contained are as relevant and practical in today's world as they were thousands of years ago when they were revealed during the battle of Kurukshetra.
This application aims to provide a quick pocket reference and memorization-aid for the verses of the Bhagavad Gita.
- Each Sanskrit verse is provided in crisp and clear Devanagari script (as well as ISO 15919 Roman transliteration) along with the English translation. A student of Sanskrit will appreciate the English translation which strives to not only be literal but also match the word order as closely as possible to the original Sanskrit.
- Quick access to every sloka using familiar touch interactions (spinning-wheel and flick gestures)
- Favorites feature to aid in memorization
- Fully functional in offline mode as well
Also be sure to check out these related top-rated apps available in the app store:
Sanskrit Primer - Learning and reference app
Om Tat Sat
What's New in Version 1.2
- Corrections to several slokas
- Improved formatting for transliterated slokas
Also be sure to check out these related top-rated apps: Sanskrit Primer (learning and reference app) and Vishnu Sahasranaama
Thanks a for this app and Free! great for quick reference. My suggestion - to make Chapter names to original Sanskrit rather than English translated names. Sankhya Yoga - instaead of 'Yoga of Knowledge' becauase, even 'Gnaana Yoga' also means almost same. Basically, you can't find exact wording in english for many Sanskrit words. So atleast names, keep as is. My 2cents. Thanks again.
Thanks for this app.
Thanks a lot for making this app. I had never read Gita before and may be I would have never read, if this app was not out. I loved the Sanskrit and translation in English, but will love more if I get an option for Hindi. Thanks again to the developers.
Worth having this app
Good thing about this app is that it has shlokas in Sanskrit with English translation. Also who cannot read Sanskrit it converts into English so one can pronounce. Nice Work. Greatly appreciated.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 10, 2010
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 14.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: KRISHNA VARMA
- © 2010 Krishna Varma
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.