BIAS FX turns your iPad into a professional world-class, guitar amp-and-effects processor. It gives you an easy to use drag-and-drop interface that includes everything that a guitar player needs for massive tone, with a collection of insanely great-sounding guitar pedalboards, dual amps setup, ultra-high definition stereo rack effects, and dual signal chain.
Develop your custom pedalboard from scratch or access ToneCloud where you can find hundreds of pedalboard configurations for professional artists, producers, and engineers from all over the world
BIAS FX is fully integrated with BIAS AMP so you can easily import BIAS your favorite vintage, boutique or high gain amps to have em available into your pedalboard for studio or live performance.
- Extremely intuitive operation
- Unrivalled, component-level simulation, analog-like sound quality
- 12 classic BIAS amps, import any amp models from BIAS AMP
- 25 high-quality effect pedals with brand new sound-processing algorithms
- 5 ultra-professional rack processors that sound like high-end analog gear
- Full integration with BIAS AMP gives you unprecedented control over designing your own fully customized amps
- Dual signal path and dual amp processing
- Brand new splitter switches between and combines dual signal paths, adjusting the level and frequency range for each path to give you more tone-shaping possibilities
- Live View mode lets you recall any preset with a single tap and toggle on/off any single effect or category of effects
- Pedalboard View shows all the effects and amps in the currently loaded preset at once
- Global Settings optimizes BIAS FX’s output to sound the best in any environment—including sending to a mixer, amp head or combo or stack power amp—by letting you EQ and selectively deactivate the app’s preamp, tone stack, power amp and cab separately for each destination.
- Full MIDI compatible
The latest update contains the following bug fixes:
- Balance controls (L/R) on Stereo Reverb Rack are no longer inverted
- MIX knob now works properly on the Ping-Pong Chorus Delay Pedal
- Q knob on Poly Octaver now works as intended with MIDI
The Positive Grid Team
Ratings and Reviews
BiasFX, Bias Amp, and Bias Pedal, just do it!
I am really enjoying this troika of tonal fun! It takes a little work to tweak each piece to fit your tastes but I have found the end result well worth a little effort. The X Drummer tie in is icing on the cake (great practice setup). I enjoy producing via a 12” iPad Pro more then a laptop these days, and this makes for the best of the modeling apps I have used. Add Amp and Pedal and it is off to the amusement park!
There is a surprising amount of touch sensitivity and breakup in the new version. You can easily dial in a gritty overdriven tone that cleans up as roll back the volume a lighten your attack. I hope the developers keep pushing the limits of this app, it is my go to for tone when recording via iOS.
Outstanding Customer support
I experienced a real difficult issue with an in app purchase for Bias FX. Went around in circles with support and Apple Support but have to say that after a few days Positive Grid was able to get me a working solution. I know others mention poor support but I wanted to share while my issues were indeed frustrating the app developer did care and did get me a fix.
The App itself is fantastic. I also own Jam Up and Amplitude and each has its good and bad. I am more familiar with the Positive Grid stuff and like that we can share our creations.
Now that my technical issues have been fixed, TIME TO JAM !!!
Hi there, thanks so much for the feedback! I'm really glad to know we did manage to sort out the problem together. It's absolutely great to be able to help out and see you enjoy our apps again! All the best!
One of the Best*
I have had enough. 22 "updates" (bug shifts) in 24 months and every time one thing is "fixed" at least one more is broken. I get an argument from support about what is and isn't stereo.
A month later the stereo problem is fixed but the app crashes and won't restart without a reinstall. They are getting away with this and they shouldn't. Say what you will about Amplitube, Tone Stack, et al, at least they don't insult you with unfinished betas that you pay full price for.
I'm done. I wish I could recover all the money I spent on PositiveGrid products. You want Amp modeling hardware? Get a Kemper product...well, worth the few extra dollars. Send a message to Bias and Positive Grid; clean up your act!
*Bias Amp & FX have, IMO, the best sounding simulation engine.
But the quality control is the worst in the field. Always make your updates on a secondary device before committing them you your main unit. Bug fixes and version updates statistically introduce other failures more often than not. This is not likely to change, why, I have no Earthly idea. Always have ToneStack ready for your gig. It won’t let you down.
Hi, would you like to write us on https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/requests/new, and tell us more about the problem you're having? We hope to hear back from you! Thank you so much!
- Positive Grid Inc
- 687.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Positive Grid Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Analog Effects Pack $9.99
- Effect Powerhouse Pack $9.99
- Classic Effects Pack $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.