By Positive Grid Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
BIAS FX turns your iPad into a professional world-class, guitar amp-and-effects processor. It gives you an easy to use drag-and-drop interface that includes everything that a guitar player needs for massive tone, with a collection of insanely great-sounding guitar pedalboards, dual amps setup, ultra-high definition stereo rack effects, and dual signal chain.
Develop your custom pedalboard from scratch or access ToneCloud where you can find hundreds of pedalboard configurations for professional artists, producers, and engineers from all over the world
BIAS FX is fully integrated with BIAS AMP so you can easily import BIAS your favorite vintage, boutique or high gain amps to have em available into your pedalboard for studio or live performance.
- Extremely intuitive operation
- Unrivalled, component-level simulation, analog-like sound quality
- 12 classic BIAS amps, import any amp models from BIAS AMP
- 25 high-quality effect pedals with brand new sound-processing algorithms
- 5 ultra-professional rack processors that sound like high-end analog gear
- Full integration with BIAS AMP gives you unprecedented control over designing your own fully customized amps
- Dual signal path and dual amp processing
- Brand new splitter switches between and combines dual signal paths, adjusting the level and frequency range for each path to give you more tone-shaping possibilities
- Live View mode lets you recall any preset with a single tap and toggle on/off any single effect or category of effects
- Pedalboard View shows all the effects and amps in the currently loaded preset at once
- Global Settings optimizes BIAS FX’s output to sound the best in any environment—including sending to a mixer, amp head or combo or stack power amp—by letting you EQ and selectively deactivate the app’s preamp, tone stack, power amp and cab separately for each destination.
- Full MIDI compatible
What's New in Version 1.5.9
Thanks for your feedback! In this new update, we've fixed crash issues when using Audiobus, as well as fixed several crash issues and reliability for ToneCloud connection.
Team Positive Grid
Much better these days.
Early on I ran in to a lot of bugs with this app. But these days it works great and sounds great. I couldn’t be happier.
Back to normal. Love Bias FX
I had to edit my review. The problem was on my end. Noisy power source was the culprit. Great customer service. The tones are good enough for me to skip the AxeFx or Kemper and Helix. Good job Positive Grid.
Great sounds, needs improvement for control
I'm actually pretty happy with the sounds I'm getting so far (except the octave effects have a lot of latency on my iPad Pro 10.5, and the wah isn't amazing and there're no options or tweaking available), but it needs better midi integration for a pro level app.
For one, unlike its competitors, switching of pedals on/off has no correlation to cc value, which is a pita for identifying active effects unless staring at app. In other words, in AmpliTube or ToneStack, when you send a nonzero value cc, the corresponding pedal will turn on if it's off, or stay on if it is already on. In Bias FX, regardless of the state of the pedal, it will switch regardless of the message you send it. Im using this in a lie situation, and my controller changes color for on/off states, so I can keep track of what pedals are active w/o looking at iPad. If I change presets or with pedals active or something though, the colors get all messed up and there's no way to fix it w/o turning pedals off on iPad, which is unacceptable for live use. There's also a lot of parameters you cannot control via midi, like amplifier knobs. The lack of a pedal type aby and ability to have effects chains is a huge oversight as well. Lastly, it lacks support for a virtual midi port, which I had to work around using midiflow, but it's clock cannot be slaved to another app.
It's a shame, because I love the user interface for the most part, and the sounds. I tried out ToneStack, and it just doesn't come close sound wise, and the interface is way less comfortable, but the midi integration is so much better and more complete. I'm going to try iaa w/ ToneStack for wah and octave effects though, because it's the only thing I'm finding really difficult to play with. I'm telling you, it's gotta be between 50-100 millisecond delay on the lower octave, even on the pog clone that I paid extra for, which I'm not happy about, makes it almost unusable for organ and bass sounds. And the wah boosts the volume a ridiculous amount in the low/mid range, and in the top end seems to just cut... I play a lot of reggae, so the inadequacies of the wah are crippling...
so in summary:
-better midi functionality, handle cc messages properly
-improve wah, (and/or offer different models, or allow tweaking)
-improve low note latency on octave effects
Other than that, I really do love the sounds and the visual interface. If none of the above are issues for you, I highly recommend it. I use it live at hotels, restaurants, corporate/government functions, and weddings 5-6 nights a week for the last month and it's been reliable as well. Dying for those improvements though
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 21, 2017
- Version: 1.5.9
- Size: 608 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Positive Grid Inc
- © 2016 Positive Grid Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Analog Effects Pack$9.99
- Effect Powerhouse Pack$9.99
- Classic Effects Pack$9.99
- Studio Rack Pack$9.99
- Metal Signature$9.99
- Bass Expansion Pack$9.99
- Acoustic Pack$9.99
- Clone Drive$2.99
- Ambient Reverb$2.99