Listen to the Bible while commuting to work or school, doing chores around the house, or as you drift off to sleep. You can now listen and read along with the Bible wherever you have an Internet connection. Bible Gateway’s Bible Audio App is FREE and easy to use. And for additional translations and offline access, simply upgrade to a Bible Audio Gold subscription.
• Listen to a variety of Bible translations, including the New International Version (NIV), the King James Version (KJV), the New International Reader’s Version (NIrV), and the Spanish Nueva Versión Internacional (NVI). All versions are available in both text and audio.
• Choose from multiple audio narration styles for the NIV, KJV, and NVI, including Dramatized and Voice-only.
• Follow along as you listen with text and audio synchronization.
• Navigate quickly anywhere in the Bible.
• Memorize Scripture more effectively by setting chapters or verses to repeat.
• Set a timer so that you can establish goals to spend more time in the Word of God, or so that you can fall asleep while listening.
• Speed up or slow down playback to listen to the Bible at your own pace.
Immerse yourself in the Bible with a Bible Audio Gold Subscription:
• With the Gold subscription, you can download your favorite translations to listen without data plan limits. Anytime. Anywhere.
• On top of the NIV, KJV, NIrV and NVI, add the New King James Version (NKJV) and International Children’s Bible (ICB) translations to your library and listen to any of 10 audio Bible recordings.
• Experience the Bible uninterrupted—enjoy listening to God's Word without audio or banner ads.
• Subscribe today for an introductory price of $1.99 USD per month or $19.99 USD per year.
In subscribing to the Bible Audio App for $1.99 USD per month or $19.99 USD per year, you will have offline, ad-free access to 10 different audio recordings.
Subscribing through iOS, you will be charged via your iTunes account, and confirmation of your purchase can be found there. Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew each month if on the monthly plan, or each year if on the yearly plan. If you would like to cancel renewal, you will need to turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of your current period.
At time of renewal, your iTunes account will be automatically charged $1.99 USD on the monthly plan or $19.99 USD on the yearly plan. To manage your subscription, visit your iTunes Account Settings after purchase to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal.
Introducing Bible Audio Gold, the easiest way to listen to the Bible wherever you go—even when you’re without Internet. With offline access to 10 recordings, including NKJV and ICB, a Gold subscription brings the Bible to you anytime, anywhere.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok app but why pay twice?
This is a Bible Gateway app, in effect. Bible Gateway already charges a $4/month subscription fee (and also has audio). Why does this app require an additional $2/month fee? Total of $6/month? Would love to know why this app is not free if you already subscribe to Bible Gateway. That would be my first suggestion - make this free to Bible Gateway subscribers. Frankly, I think it should be free regardless, or there should be no more than a $1.99 ONE-TIME charge. The app is ok, but I do not think it is sophisticated enough for a monthly subscription. Other suggestions: 1-add chapter and verse (since all there is currently is a mention of the chapter by the narrator at the beginning of the chapter). 2-add selection of verses in addition to books and chapters. 3-needs font options. 4-needs option to look at more than one verse at a time. 5-needs the ability to minimize the player ribbon. 6-needs the ability to sync across all devices (just as Bible Gateway does). Thanks.
Good & one-of-a-kind, but needs work.
I’m a pastor and have a pretty intense daily reading plan. I listen as I read along, or sometimes just listen. Using an iPad 2 and iPhone 5S.
I used it a few months before paying. The cost was worth it for me to use offline. But it might not be worth it for some. The other translation options available on the paid version didn’t matter to me since I only use the NIV on the app. This is the ONLY Bible app that meets all criteria I’ve searched years for: 1) has adjustable speed; 2) displays only one verse at a time [easier to follow] and; 3) has a dramatized NIV version (keeps my attention much better than voice-only narration.
1) Make last listening/reading location syncable across devices.
2) Provide adjustable font size, so I don’t have to scroll down when reading on my phone
3) Provide a Night/Low Light reading mode
4) Fix the two bugs in the premium downloaded version where the chapter doesn’t automatically advance unless on WiFi and freezes up whenever it comes to another place where an ad would have been on the unpaid version. [This happened to me when I was traveling for several days in an area without internet. I had to manually advance each chapter and restart the app each time it thought it should play an ad, which wouldn’t have played on WiFi but still would have skipped over]
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the suggestions! I am happy to pass these on to our development team!
Really enjoyed this app until the update. There is a banner at the top telling you to upgrade for 1.99/mo. It never goes away. It wasn’t there upon my initial down load. Some suggestions: give font size options. It’s also annoying to have to scroll down if the verse doesn’t fit into the screen. I love that the pages turn with the reader automatically. I’d pay a one time fee but monthly doesn’t seem justifiable. I can deal with the banner add. Lol. Thanks for the product. It really has potential. One more thing. When I hit the play button often it will start playing two different sections simultaneously. I’m guessing the developers will solve this soon!
- HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
- 118.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Bible Gateway
- In-App Purchases
- Bible Audio Monthly $1.99
- Bible Audio Yearly $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.