Take the Bible with you wherever you go. The Bible Gateway App is the OFFICIAL and FREE mobile Bible reading and learning experience from BibleGateway.com.
The Bible Gateway App makes it easy to read, hear, study, and understand the Bible. Features include:
• Read more than 90 different Bible translations, including the NIV, KJV, ESV, NKJV, HCSB, NASB, CEB, The Message (MSG), Amplified Bible (AMP), and many more.
• Listen to over 20 audio Bibles, including English, Spanish, Arabic, Thai, and other languages.
• Search quickly and easily for any verse, passage, or keyword.
• Learn more about any Bible passage with a library of trustworthy Bible commentaries and other references.
• Take personal notes, highlight Bible text, and star your favorite verses.
• Study Scripture at any time—even late at night—with night mode toggle.
• Enjoy a daily Verse of the Day in the translation of your choice.
• Follow one of many different Bible reading plans, including the Bible in 90 Days reading challenge and the Bible in Chronological or Historical order.
• Share your favorite Bible verses with your friends and family on Facebook and Twitter.
• For iPad users, view up to three different translations side-by-side.
• Upgrade to the ultimate Bible learning experience with a free 30-day trial of Bible Gateway Plus. Plus members enjoy access to their expanded study library of over 40 Bible study titles, including notes from the NIV Study Bible and the MacArthur Study Bible.
Bible Gateway is committed to making the Bible available to everyone, wherever they are. To begin exploring and understanding the Bible yourself, install the free App.
In subscribing to Bible Gateway Plus for $3.99 USD per month or $39.99 USD per year, you will have access to more than 40 titles, including best-selling Bible Study resources, including notes from the NIV Study Bible and NKJV MacArthur Study Bible.
When subscribing, you will be charged via your iTunes account, and confirmation of your purchase can be found there. Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew monthly on the monthly plan or yearly on the yearly plan. If you would like to cancel renewal, you will need to turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Renewal prices are $3.99 for the monthly plan and $39.99 for the yearly plan.
Visit your iTunes Account Settings after purchase to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal. Please note that any cancellations made before the end of a free trial or subscription period will forfeit any unused portion of the period.
This release improves searching of downloaded Bibles and fixes a few small bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs interface improvements
There is a lot of potential here in this app, but the developers need to spend time using it from a readers perspective. For example, when you want to jump from a Bible verse to an associated entry in a study Bible that you own, you must first select the study Bible from a long list of references that include titles that you don't have full access to. That's irritating, especially when the one you want is way down the list. There should be a way to designate your desired study Bible as the "preferred" or "default" reference title and have it automatically link to the passage you are reading.
Also, there is no way to directly read and browse in a reference book (e.g. a study Bible) that you own. Everything seems designed to be accessed from a Bible translation first. When I open a study resource, I'm given a list of verses beginning with Genesis 1:1. If I want to read a study Bible note from Hebrews, I either have to scroll down through every Bible verse until I get to the book of Hebrews, or I have to back out and go to the Bible translation, highlight the verse I want to read the note for, jump to Hebrews, and then pull up the entire list of study references and select my study Bible from the long list.
The app seems to be more focused on showcasing and selling people new books than using the ones we already have for effective study.
Have the developers actually tried using the app and searching in various languages/translations and switching between them? It's very cumbersome and somewhat of a pain to do. There are so many steps involved, and the process is glitchy, especially with the search feature. The language/translation doesn't change in the search feature, and then sometimes if you click on a result, expecting it to take you to the verse, it doesn't do anything. Navigating is a pain, and the chapters always scroll back up to the top after you go to a passage and try to scroll down. It's difficult to get to the verse you want to navigate to without having to go through extra, unnecessary steps and repeating steps because of glitches. Please test the app and stomp the bugs! Thanks!
Still needs a "Favorites" option for Bible versions!!! I am constantly switching between Hebrew, Greek, and English versions in my studies. It would be so much more convenient to use the app if I could save these Bibles to my "Favorites." It is really a pain having to go through the process of selecting the same Bibles over and over—and over—again. This should have been fixed several iterations ago...
New version does not allow scrolling ahead or back on daily read
I still think this is the best app out there, it includes many features and versions like NIV, which others don't include. I like the ability to save my notes and verses that are meaningful, and the fact that I can choose many features without signing up for emails. However, I have a few suggestions:
The book and verse scroll is not quick enough if your using it to keep up with a speaker. I'm still scrolling when others have quickly found the verse in a hard copy. A quick choice option for the verse and book choice would be better.
Also they changed the Daily Bible reading so you can't scroll back a chapter or forward to the next chapter to keep reading without going out or in from the Daily Reading section. It's cumbersome, and stops the flow of study. It should be easier to delve deeper in a your Bible Study. I don't know why they would have changed that feature, as it was not an improvement.
- HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
- 71.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Bible Gateway 2016
- In-App Purchases
- Bible Gateway Plus Monthly $3.99
- Bible Gateway Plus Yearly $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.