By HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Bible Gateway Bible App is the OFFICIAL and FREE mobile Bible reading and study experience from Bible Gateway, offering many wonderful ways to experience Bible reading and Bible study, including:
• More than 90 different Bible translations, including NIV, KJV, ESV, NKJV, HCSB, NASB, CEB, The Message (MSG), Amplified Bible (AMP), and many more
• Many Bible translations are available for download to your device, so you can read the Bible when you are not connected to the Internet (Offline Mode)
• Easy-to-use and reliable Bible search, both online and offline
• Daily Bible verse in the translation of your choice
• Daily Bible reading plans
• Bible audio in a number of different translations and styles
• Parallel translation viewing (iPad only, currently only available when online)
• Quick Bible reading history, so you can go back and forth between Bible verses you have viewed
• Personal notes - both general notes and notes tagged to specific Bible verses can be created
• Star the Bible verses that are your favorite
• Highlight Bible verses or passages
• Easily view Bible study resources (Bible Commentaries, Bible Dictionaries, etc.) to help you unpack your Scripture reading
• And integrated sharing tools make it quick and simple to share your favorite Bible verses with your friends and family on Facebook and Twitter
Our mission is to encourage Bible reading and deepen Scriptural understanding among all Bible readers. We fulfill that mission by making Scripture and Bible study texts freely available in as many languages and translations as possible, in your web browser and on your mobile device.
What's New in Version 36
An improved audio experience lets you listen to the Bible with less waiting.
No red text!
What happened to red text for Jesus's speaking?
Great with one exception
I love everything about this Bible. For years I used another popular Bible app but it started getting "clunky" and uncooperative for me. This one has such good features like the commentaries and references.
This is my 2nd review in as many years. I wish I could rate it higher but each update continues to have "issues".
* reading plans- will sign up for one but when it comes up each day I am getting either the wrong plan or the wrong name on the right plan, i.e. Chronological-vs-Old & New Testament.
* it would be nice if there were more than 7 plans to choose from.
* the app still randomly crashes...most annoying.
Great App! One suggestion...
I've switched to this Bible app and I am finding it to be quite refreshing. My only suggestion is the addition of a sleep timer for the audio. Other than that, I like this app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 27, 2016
- Version: 36
- Size: 26.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
- © Bible Gateway 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.