By HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Bible Gateway Bible App is the OFFICIAL and FREE mobile Bible reading and study experience from Bible Gateway, offering many wonderful ways to experience Bible reading and Bible study, including:
• More than 90 different Bible translations, including NIV, KJV, ESV, NKJV, HCSB, NASB, CEB, The Message (MSG), Amplified Bible (AMP), and many more
• Many Bible translations are available for download to your device, so you can read the Bible when you are not connected to the Internet (Offline Mode)
• Easy-to-use and reliable Bible search, both online and offline
• Daily Bible verse in the translation of your choice
• Daily Bible reading plans
• Bible audio in a number of different translations and styles
• Parallel translation viewing (iPad only, currently only available when online)
• Quick Bible reading history, so you can go back and forth between Bible verses you have viewed
• Personal notes - both general notes and notes tagged to specific Bible verses can be created
• Star the Bible verses that are your favorite
• Highlight Bible verses or passages
• Easily view Bible study resources (Bible Commentaries, Bible Dictionaries, etc.) to help you unpack your Scripture reading
• And integrated sharing tools make it quick and simple to share your favorite Bible verses with your friends and family on Facebook and Twitter
Our mission is to encourage Bible reading and deepen Scriptural understanding among all Bible readers. We fulfill that mission by making Scripture and Bible study texts freely available in as many languages and translations as possible, in your web browser and on your mobile device.
What's New in Version 36
An improved audio experience lets you listen to the Bible with less waiting.
I AM impressed so far!
Please allow future updates to have the choice available of how app users can scroll contrast/compare verse by verse and/or chapter by chapter. I like the way my version (36) displays the 3 Bibles I pick for current viewing for me. THANK YOU!
(At first I agreed with Magistra414's complaint in her August 9, 2016 review but now I see the benefit aka silver lining in the way version 36 scroll displays the 3 different versions/translations that I choose to contrast/compare. Thank you, again!)
You could throw in a selection of different number ranges, say for example, no more/less than 3 verse groupings, or equal to (=), less than (<), or greater than (>) as well as "and/or" statements
not to mention
I AM using an older iPad that my "Papa" and I bought for my "Mommy Dearest" around Black Friday of 2014 (correct year?) but which a young, slender, blond, female wearing an Apple store uniform setup with my Apple ID account (how many Apple ID's were setup in My Name?) and so forth.
I downloaded this FREE Bible app late in December 2016 and am running iOS 10.2 on an iPad that feels about 3 or 4 years old.
I have not even given any JW related app a 4 star review ANYWHERE! I gave the JW apps a 3 star review at best because I knew they were better than the LDS Mormon related apps.
I look forward to more pleasant surprises because I AM not finished fully exploring this wonderful FREE app.
Mrs. Joo-Mi E-Borns
Please make one change!
One of the only drawbacks to this app is that when selecting a chapter from a book of the Bible, the "scroll" option is time-consuming and not as efficient as other apps that just have a menu with the numbers in a square. It really becomes an issue with the Bible, because it's such a large volume with so many chapters and so many versus within many of the chapters (Try looking up Psalm 119:105...) It makes me want to go to my other apps to look up a verse. Otherwise I love all the depth of versions available, listening options, books available, etc Everything else is great, but the one thing I want use this app for often is to look for a particular verse, so I experience the scrolling issue almost daily. Seems to me that this would be an easy change and make a Scripture search much less time consuming. Thanks for listening!
I have downloaded and tried every other "bible app" and this is the only one that doesnt ask you for an email or other information to actually use it. THANK YOU Bible Gateway. You have tons of versions and translations that a person can easily compare side by side without having to spend 100s of dollars on physical bibles! Your interface is next to none. EASY to figure out the symbols and menus. EASY to switch between bible translations. I love the fact that you have a grey background with white letters when selecting night mode. Every other app has black on white, which is just too much contrast for me. I appreciate the fact that you made a very easy to use, non intrusive app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 27, 2016
- Version: 36
- Size: 26.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
- © Bible Gateway 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.