By HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Bible Gateway Bible App is the OFFICIAL and FREE mobile Bible reading and study experience from Bible Gateway, offering many wonderful ways to experience Bible reading and Bible study, including:
• More than 90 different Bible translations, including NIV, KJV, ESV, NKJV, HCSB, NASB, CEB, The Message (MSG), Amplified Bible (AMP), and many more
• Many Bible translations are available for download to your device, so you can read the Bible when you are not connected to the Internet (Offline Mode)
• Easy-to-use and reliable Bible search, both online and offline
• Daily Bible verse in the translation of your choice
• Daily Bible reading plans
• Bible audio in a number of different translations and styles
• Parallel translation viewing (iPad only, currently only available when online)
• Quick Bible reading history, so you can go back and forth between Bible verses you have viewed
• Personal notes - both general notes and notes tagged to specific Bible verses can be created
• Star the Bible verses that are your favorite
• Highlight Bible verses or passages
• Easily view Bible study resources (Bible Commentaries, Bible Dictionaries, etc.) to help you unpack your Scripture reading
• And integrated sharing tools make it quick and simple to share your favorite Bible verses with your friends and family on Facebook and Twitter
Our mission is to encourage Bible reading and deepen Scriptural understanding among all Bible readers. We fulfill that mission by making Scripture and Bible study texts freely available in as many languages and translations as possible, in your web browser and on your mobile device.
What's New in Version 32
Now share Bible verses using SMS text messaging.
New audio Bibles are also available, including The Message (read by Kelly Ryan Dolan) and the NIV Anglicised (read by David Suchet).
Fix "Favorite" Versions & Cut/Copy
EDIT3: Now that I've downloaded a couple translations to my phone so I can use them offline, almost every time I select a book, chapter, and verse to read or click on a reference from a search, it takes me to the wrong chapter and verse. It's very annoying that it is constantly getting this wrong.
EDIT2: Every time I open the app, it pauses the audio I have playing on my phone. I don't like this feature because sometimes I am listening to a sermon recording and wanting to open this app and read the verse being referenced, but then it cuts off the audio so the sermon stops playing. Please fix this.
Please fix the search feature. It doesn't do a very good job at all with finding what you type in the box if it's more than one word or not the exact phrase.
Good app, but I have only used 3 versions so far (HCSB for English, WLC for Hebrew, and SBL for Greek), and they keep disappearing from my "Recently Used" translations. It's a bit of a pain having to go go through the process of selecting these same versions over and over again. Please fix or add a "Favorites" option for translations. I like the app overall though.
EDIT: What is with all these Bible apps and lack of good cut/copy functionality. What if I want to copy only a phrase from a verse, not the whole verse? Please enable the native cut/copy feature of iOS 6. It is a whole lot easier to use than having to "share" a whole verse to the clipboard.
Good app; needs a little improvement
I like the parallel feature that's available on my tablet; would be nice if it was available on the iPhone too.
The only issue with the app is it stops working periodically and I have to delete and download to gain access again.
When the kinks are worked out it will be an excellent tool to use for reading/studying.
I look forward to seeing future improvements because this is very convenient to use, with easy navigation and wonderful study tools.
This is an awesome app. Use it for bible study and to start my day with a verse of the day. Love the ability to do the parallel reading with my three choices. Highly recommend!
The first paragraph was written earlier, since that time I am disappointed. They allowed the new published versions to come in and remove verses from the Bible (NIV). Now I have to get out my Bible. What a pity. You allowed what Revelations 22:19 warns against. Why can't I have the option to keep the Zondervan version?
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 06, 2015
- Version: 32
- Size: 24.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
- © Bible Gateway 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.