By HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Bible Gateway Bible App is the OFFICIAL and FREE mobile Bible reading and study experience from Bible Gateway, offering many wonderful ways to experience Bible reading and Bible study, including:
• More than 90 different Bible translations, including NIV, KJV, ESV, NKJV, HCSB, NASB, CEB, The Message (MSG), Amplified Bible (AMP), and many more
• Many Bible translations are available for download to your device, so you can read the Bible when you are not connected to the Internet (Offline Mode)
• Easy-to-use and reliable Bible search, both online and offline
• Daily Bible verse in the translation of your choice
• Daily Bible reading plans
• Bible audio in a number of different translations and styles
• Parallel translation viewing (iPad only, currently only available when online)
• Quick Bible reading history, so you can go back and forth between Bible verses you have viewed
• Personal notes - both general notes and notes tagged to specific Bible verses can be created
• Star the Bible verses that are your favorite
• Highlight Bible verses or passages
• Easily view Bible study resources (Bible Commentaries, Bible Dictionaries, etc.) to help you unpack your Scripture reading
• And integrated sharing tools make it quick and simple to share your favorite Bible verses with your friends and family on Facebook and Twitter
Our mission is to encourage Bible reading and deepen Scriptural understanding among all Bible readers. We fulfill that mission by making Scripture and Bible study texts freely available in as many languages and translations as possible, in your web browser and on your mobile device.
What's New in Version 36
An improved audio experience lets you listen to the Bible with less waiting.
Please make one change!
One of the only drawbacks to this app is that when selecting a chapter from a book of the Bible, the "scroll" option is time-consuming and not as efficient as other apps that just have a menu with the numbers in a square. It really becomes an issue with the Bible, because it's such a large volume with so many chapters and so many versus within many of the chapters (Try looking up Psalm 119:105...) It makes me want to go to my other apps to look up a verse. Otherwise I love all the depth of versions available, listening options, books available, etc Everything else is great, but the one thing I want use this app for often is to look for a particular verse, so I experience the scrolling issue almost daily. Seems to me that this would be an easy change and make a Scripture search much less time consuming. Thanks for listening!
When the content is the Bible, you expect a certainly level of integrity and quality. This is God's Word, after all. I am a little embarrassed to admit how much I've spent on various Bible apps only to have them either fail or overcharge for the content. Bible Gateway has been solid and free from the moment I discovered it and yet they've continued to improve it. Thank you for the gift of God's word on our devices and for providing it with quality and integrity that shows that you've actually paid attention to what it says yourselves.
Latest Update on Audio
This is a great app. I use it every day. So thank you for making it available. However, Since the last update, the audio no longer functions as 'continuous play'. It crashes after playing a few chapters (sometimes 1, sometimes 10-15). This morning, it crashed after a few verses. Please advise if there is anything I can do to prevent this crash. If not, please consider fixing the bug via an update. It would be really helpful if you would add an option which allows the user to determine a range of play. Thanks much.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 27, 2016
- Version: 36
- Size: 26.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
- © Bible Gateway 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.