Take the Bible with you wherever you go. The Bible Gateway App is the OFFICIAL and FREE mobile Bible reading and learning experience from BibleGateway.com.
The Bible Gateway App makes it easy to read, hear, study, and understand the Bible. Features include:
• Read more than 90 different Bible translations, including the NIV, KJV, ESV, NKJV, HCSB, NASB, CEB, The Message (MSG), Amplified Bible (AMP), and many more.
• Listen to over 20 audio Bibles, including English, Spanish, Arabic, Thai, and other languages.
• Search quickly and easily for any verse, passage, or keyword.
• Learn more about any Bible passage with a library of trustworthy Bible commentaries and other references.
• Take personal notes, highlight Bible text, and star your favorite verses.
• Study Scripture at any time—even late at night—with night mode toggle.
• Enjoy a daily Verse of the Day in the translation of your choice.
• Follow one of many different Bible reading plans, including the Bible in 90 Days reading challenge and the Bible in Chronological or Historical order.
• Share your favorite Bible verses with your friends and family on Facebook and Twitter.
• For iPad users, view up to three different translations side-by-side.
• Upgrade to the ultimate Bible learning experience with a free 30-day trial of Bible Gateway Plus. Plus members enjoy access to their expanded study library of over 40 Bible study titles, including notes from the NIV Study Bible and the MacArthur Study Bible.
Bible Gateway is committed to making the Bible available to everyone, wherever they are. To begin exploring and understanding the Bible yourself, install the free App.
In subscribing to Bible Gateway Plus for $3.99 USD per month or $39.99 USD per year, you will have access to more than 40 titles, including best-selling Bible Study resources, including notes from the NIV Study Bible and NKJV MacArthur Study Bible.
When subscribing, you will be charged via your iTunes account, and confirmation of your purchase can be found there. Your subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase and will automatically renew monthly on the monthly plan or yearly on the yearly plan. If you would like to cancel renewal, you will need to turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before the end of your current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Renewal prices are $3.99 for the monthly plan and $39.99 for the yearly plan.
Visit your iTunes Account Settings after purchase to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal. Please note that any cancellations made before the end of a free trial or subscription period will forfeit any unused portion of the period.
This release fixes some bugs around note taking and syncing.
Ratings and Reviews
Have the developers actually tried using the app and searching in various languages/translations and switching between them? It's very cumbersome and somewhat of a pain to do. There are so many steps involved, and the process is glitchy, especially with the search feature. The language/translation doesn't change in the search feature, and then sometimes if you click on a result, expecting it to take you to the verse, it doesn't do anything. Navigating is a pain, and the chapters always scroll back up to the top after you go to a passage and try to scroll down. It's difficult to get to the verse you want to navigate to without having to go through extra, unnecessary steps and repeating steps because of glitches. Please test the app and stomp the bugs! Thanks!
Still needs a "Favorites" option for Bible versions!!! I am constantly switching between Hebrew, Greek, and English versions in my studies. It would be so much more convenient to use the app if I could save these Bibles to my "Favorites." It is really a pain having to go through the process of selecting the same Bibles over and over—and over—again. This should have been fixed several iterations ago...
This is a GREAT app But
I love this app A LOT actually but something went wrong with it recently and now I can’t use it. So I had to uninstall it 😔 I loved the fact that I could just put in the search bar just one word in a verse and it pulls up all the verses with that one word in it ANd it tells me how many verses has that word in it also. It give the whole Bible in over 25 different versions I can switch when I wanted I can have it in a diff language it also gives verse of the day and saved all my favorite verses in one area I got to highlight my favorite verses AND share them without it being sent all boggled where ppl had to download the app just to see it. SO I did really love the app BUT now it started to mess up now when I went to certain passages it would bring it up in the search but wouldn’t actually bring it up in the Bible part I couldn’t go to a certain book in the Bible anymore either. So I feel like I just lost all my data I was saving in all that I was studying in the app now! Ugh that’s SO frustrating too. But please fix maybe I’ll try it again later.
New version does not allow scrolling ahead or back on daily read
I still think this is the best app out there, it includes many features and versions like NIV, which others don't include. I like the ability to save my notes and verses that are meaningful, and the fact that I can choose many features without signing up for emails. However, I have a few suggestions:
The book and verse scroll is not quick enough if your using it to keep up with a speaker. I'm still scrolling when others have quickly found the verse in a hard copy. A quick choice option for the verse and book choice would be better.
Also they changed the Daily Bible reading so you can't scroll back a chapter or forward to the next chapter to keep reading without going out or in from the Daily Reading section. It's cumbersome, and stops the flow of study. It should be easier to delve deeper in a your Bible Study. I don't know why they would have changed that feature, as it was not an improvement.
- HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
- 70.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Bible Gateway 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Bible Gateway Plus Monthly $3.99
- Bible Gateway Plus Yearly $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.