Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 180 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 6.7
● NEW! When you complete a Plan, see related Plans you can start. (You can also now see related Plans on a Plan’s About page.)
● The process of adding your own Notes to Bible passages is now smoother and more intuitive.
● Resetting your password is easier than ever.
● Added Filipino localization.
● Bug fixes.
Most Wonderful Bible App There Is!!!!!
I have used a lot of different bible apps, but this YouVersion Bible App tops them all by far!! The one thing I was really looking for was an app that would read TO me as I was reading so I could find out how to pronounce the difficult names and places and read quicker since I didn't have to stop to try and figure them out. It bugs me if I can't lol. But not only that, it has MANY translations that you can not only download for offline reading, but there are also a lot that have the audio as well. There are many reading plans which is awesome in itself, but you can highlight, bookmark, and put the same subject under titles you create, just to mention a few awesome perks. You can invite friends, share on Social media and like or comment on your friends' bookmarks as well. The list goes on and on! Please try this app, as you really will get the best reading experience on your wall with our Lord Jesus Christ, and a much better understanding of what it was like when he was on earth with us in human form. Yes, there are maps and pictures and videos too, a lot of which are free, and a store where you can purchase books and all kinds of media about all kinds of things as well. Did I mention the bibles and different translations are free? Try this app even if you use a different one. I really believe you will be very pleased.
I'm hooked-love it!
I love this app for many reasons, the options are numerous, note taking, bookmarking, highlighting, sharing verses, creating pictures w/ a favorite verse, numerous study plans, in settings you can choose to share to with your friends or keep private if. Also instead of thumbing through pages of your bible to find what you're looking for, the books, chapters and verses are just a click away. I could go on with every aspect of this app but I highly recommend downloading it for yourself and finding all the treasures it has! I use it for my morning quiet time and when I want to share a special verse with a friend who doesn't have the app, it's easy to send and share through email, text and social media. I'm joyously thrilled that my son turned me on to this app. No more carrying my bible around where it can get bumped and bruised, instead it stays home for safe keeping and everything I want or need from God's word is with me at all times! The only thing I wish was there was more room for storing notes as I seem to use up the allotted space for a particular note and then that specific note will cause the whole app to shut down- that's my own fault though, at first before I understood that every study plan is already saved, I was copying and pasting a whole study plan in my notes. Oops. Haha.
A dyslexics dream Bible
This app has been nothing short of life changing for me. As a Christian since my youth, I had attempted to read the Bible either straight through or via in a year format multiple times. It was a real effort and I made more than one solid attempt but always felt like I was a failure as reading almost an hour every day became exhausting eventually and often was just not realistic.
I'm not sure exactly when it happened but sometime in the last year or so this app now has a play button. That's correct I can go to my Bible in a year under whatever translation I like push what day I am on and then the play button. Sure it takes about 20 minutes or so to listen to each day but now I can actually spend time trying to understand what I'm hearing and I'm getting through the Bible faster than just a year.
One of the absolute here just benefits not only am I actually reading the Bible all the way through for the first time in my life at the end of each day I have plenty of time for 10 to 15 minutes of prayer and quiet listening to our father.
There are so many other features I could rave about and probably 50% that I haven't even found yet. Just download the app and let the Lord lead you to the things he'd like you to read and hear.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 18, 2016
- Version: 6.7
- Size: 48.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Life.Church
- © 2008-2015 Life.Church
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes