Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 180 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 7.0
● NEW! Compare Versions: Quickly see a passage in several different Bible versions.
● Redesigned Plan Discovery: More intuitive and visual to help you find the best Plans for your needs.
● Simpler Verse Actions: Easily Share, Bookmark, Highlight, and more, without blocking your view of Scripture.
● Bug fixes.
Great way to build an important habit
This app gives access to the Word via text and audio in several translations, but there are two features that distinguish it from similar apps. First, there is a social component that allows you to share with your Christian brothers and sisters what you are reading in several ways. This can be an encouragement and can provide some accountability as well. Second, there are a greater variety of reading plans of varying lengths, and the reading plans include a lesson before each reading. They also make the audio of the Bible text available for just that day's selection of reading, so you don't have to navigate to individual verses or passages.
I would like to see two important features added to the app to accommodate those who are using the app for outside studies. First, I would love the ability to build my own custom reading plan and play audio for my selected passages rather than being limited to listening to the whole chapter every time. While I do think in general we should be reading whole chapters at a time, the Bible studies I participate in at church sometimes require me to read several passages from separate chapters and books in a single day. I would love to build a playlist for each day so I can listen in the car. Second, I would like to have the ability to export, save, and print my notes for specific chapters so I can bring them to class. Please consider adding these features to a future update. Thank you.
A dyslexics dream Bible
This app has been nothing short of life changing for me. As a Christian since my youth, I had attempted to read the Bible either straight through or via in a year format multiple times. It was a real effort and I made more than one solid attempt but always felt like I was a failure as reading almost an hour every day became exhausting eventually and often was just not realistic.
I'm not sure exactly when it happened but sometime in the last year or so this app now has a play button. That's correct I can go to my Bible in a year under whatever translation I like push what day I am on and then the play button. Sure it takes about 20 minutes or so to listen to each day but now I can actually spend time trying to understand what I'm hearing and I'm getting through the Bible faster than just a year.
Not only am I actually reading the Bible all the way through for the first time in my life, at the end of each day I have plenty of time for 10 to 15 minutes of prayer and quiet listening to our father.
There are so many other features I could rave about and probably 50% that I haven't even found yet. download the app and let the Lord lead you to the things he'd like you to read and hear.
Great app !
Real easy to use , good for people of all ages and for those just starting to read the bible and those who are very familiar with it. There are many plans to choose from also, they deal with every issue you can be going through and go from a few days long up to a year , each plan deals with the subject you chose , like faith, how to pray, depression , I could go on but you have too see for yourself , whatever you may be going through in life there's probably a plan that'll help you with it, and every day you read your plan there's a bible verse that relates to what you read about in your plan. I found many helpful plans and read at least 3 at once , everything is just so easy and you go at your own pace , I can't say enough about the bible app , it's brough me back to reading the bible and has helped me learn how to deal with many problems , if your on the fence about the it just try it for a week , if your not finding yourself looking forward to the next days reading remove it but I think you'll be adding more plans and reading the bible more. Must have have app for everyone , from beginner to teacher, or anyone interested in knowing the Lord.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 29, 2016
- Version: 7.0
- Size: 69.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Life.Church
- © 2008-2015 Life.Church
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes