Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 180 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 6.1
Updates to Bible Reader:
● See more Scripture: As you scroll, menus and buttons minimize and fade out of your way, making more of the screen available for what you’re reading.
● Choose where you control audio: Hide or show the control button for audio Bibles (iPhone and iPod only).
● Act on your inspiration: When you tap a verse, brand-new simplified buttons clearly indicate all your options.
● Bug fix: Resolved issue that was occasionally causing crashes on an unreleased version.
YouVersion: It’s Your Bible. Spread the Word.
Easier to use than handheld Bible
Still use this Bible App but the controls have changed and I have to change up and remember which way to go. I still have not found the community button. I really enjoyed reading other people's comments on verses...kinda of like Bible Study from the heart.....disability isolates, and hearing people's thoughts give me a sense of rubbing shoulders...I pray for them and move on. Thanks for the App that allows me easy access of having God's Word and being able to write my thoughts. My 12 yr old daughter has my journey when she grows up and I am no longer here.......
I use this countless times a day, my disability makes using this Bible app much easier. I can't write or underline but now I can! I also just found "community" which I can read many Christians postings keyed towards Bible verses...I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading how God has worked in their lives...in a wheelchair it tends to be difficult to rub shoulders with Christians, my sister notes it is "isolating" ...it is....even walking with God on this journey.....despair discouragement can be difficult sometimes but reading others journey can be an encouragement ....Thanks for opening a window :)
Great app/annoying new features
This app still has everything and more I want from my bible app. It was exciting to see the new design in the last update, however this one changed what was refreshing about the new design. I liked being able to dictate when to go in and out of full screen mode. I liked not seeing the chapter I was on in full screen, only seeing what I was reading, now that doesn't go away and is distracting.
The new buttons to "turn the pages" are also something that is very cluttering to my eye. I love everything new that simplified and was fluid about this new look, but this new new update is not simplified or fluid at all.
The new highlight version is also not a welcomed new feature in my opinion. I don't know what led the designers to change their new and great design to what this last update is, but I cannot explain how frustrating it is now to read the Word.
In my opinion, the only thing wrong with the last update, that is still an issue for me, was that devotionals can't be read in full screen, and the font size can't be changed. I did like that now it had a night reading look, but the upper and lower menu bars are still a distraction.
Love it more, and maybe just a bit less
Strange title? Well I was listening to it again this morning as I do every morning usually with my wife when we go through her yearly reading plan and I realized that it is become such a part of our lives either when we're together or separately but I really need to write a review. That's why I give it five stars. It's the word of God and we're getting more of it. It offers so many different versions in so many different reading plans so many different ways of doing things. We love it.
The "bit less" comes in because as the ad new features more bells and whistles it makes it a little bit more unwieldy, like using a large print Schofield reference Bible would be a little bit more cumbersome than a nice compact Bible. I hope they don't get too far down that road without realizing it. And then the question comes do we add options rather than features to where people have to go in and turn things off and turn things on to customize their experience. So that's why I give it a five with an afterthought. Forgive my Siri-isms
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 13, 2015
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 37.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: LifeChurch.tv
- © 2008-2015 LifeChurch.tv
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.