This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
On more than 250 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 7.7
• Update now for our all-new EXPLORE TAB:
• Improved Bible search helps you find what you’re looking for faster.
• The most commonly searched topics now display as tappable links.
• “How are you feeling?” lets you browse Bible passages by Emotion categories.
• New “Bible Stories” lists common references—using simple titles—linked directly to where they appear in the Bible.
• Browse hundreds of free, easily shareable Verse of the Day Images.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Praise The Lord for this App
IF YOU'RE A TEEN OR ANY AGE READ THIS!! I am 18 and going to college soon. This app is so convenient because I can get to my bible quickly if I need something. I have been doing the reading plans and those have helped me immensely as I start my journey from high school to college. I highly recommend if you're in a teenager and you are trying to find The Lord or want to build that relationship with Him, this is the way to go! So helpful in so many ways.
I downloaded this app first for youth group at church then I deleted it because i hadn't been using it but I got it back 2 weeks ago after maybe 3 months of it being off my phone. The Lord was tugging at my heart, He was urging me to get this app again and I'm so happy I did because I've gotten through some tough challenging trials since then and I've had this app to look upon on my time of need and praying outside of reading the bible helps immensely. I thank you for this app.
If you're not a teen and just an adult or anyone at any age trying to find Christ, start with this app. It's NEVER too late in God's eye to start over. He's been waiting for you, you just have to take that first step in faith. It will be okay I promise.
Have a wonderful day and God Bless🙏🏾❤️
There is not a better Bible app. I love that I can create verse images to be my phone wallpaper so that, throughout the day as I check my phone, I am reminded of our all powerful, loving God who sent His only son Jesus to die for us. I love how I can turn on notifications set to a certain time so I remember to read each day. The verse of the day is so cool because I can write it on my hand and people ask about it, and it gives me the opportunity to share with them the good news of the amazing God who loves them. There are so many specialised plans that I can read for a specific emotion like doubt, anger, patience, etc. that I am struggling with, and it reminds me that I am not alone in my journey with Christ, and they are all good quality. I love how when I’m doing a plan, if I don’t find time to finish up one day, they have the “Catch Me Up” feature so that I don’t feel overwhelmed to catch up and do multiple days’ work in one day. It is such an amazing idea and app. I am so blessed to live in the 21st century and to have so many different ways to grow and be supported in my faith.
You are more loved than you will ever know by someone who died to know you.
- Romans 5:6
So Many International Translations
It is amazing that we can recommend this Bible app to anybody whose native language is other than English. I find it really useful. Especially on the iPad, there is a feature that enables readers to read in different languages-parallel reading option. It is an amazing way to learn either language through comparing the translations.
Several years ago, I had to purchase a Bible both in Spanish and English so I could learn how to read in Spanish. I recommend anyone whose native language is different than English to check out the parallel reading future to help them learn different sentence structures in English. It is a great tool to get people into the Word of God in their efforts to learn the language as well.
Some may think that this reduces the value of Bible reading, but it is a great way to see how concepts are explained in different languages. It provides a fresh perspective to the Scriptures. For those people who have been reading the Bible for a long time, It is recommended that they pick a different translation. I would take it a step further and try a different language when I feel like I am not truly engaged in the message.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Oct 03, 2017
- Version: 7.7
- Size: 94.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Life.Church
- © 2008-2017 Life.Church
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes