On more than 350 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
We believe that the Bible is God’s inspired Word, with the power to transform your life in positive ways. This update includes optimizations and bug fixes. Thank you for using the YouVersion Bible App!
Ratings and Reviews
My Go To
I love this Bible app. I have had no major problems with it. I couldn't wait to read God’s Word everyday. It makes things easy just to have it on my phone, or when I am searching for particular verses. I also enjoy looking for the plan I need, depending on my circumstances. I really have no major problems with this app except sometimes it takes longer to launch; when you exit to go to a concordance app and go back to this app, it will take a bit of wait to get it going. It doesn’t launch right away. Also recently they've made changes to creating Bible images. Although they have added more fonts, it is harder now to fit in a number of words you desire in a line. You can no longer control the amount of words you want in a line. It used to be that you can have longer lines of words. Or you can actually control how you want yiur verses to fit by using two fingers to expand the verse onto the image. Now, you can’t do that. They have limited your freedom to control tge creation if images so that verses cannot be spread out or laid out as you want, as it used to. This is the one thing that the update has changed that I did not particularly like. However, overall, this app is my go to in everything everyday. I use it way more than any other bible related app or any apo for that matter. I am hoping they would bring back those image creation freedom back, then it'll be perfect. Today i found out they brought back those text boxes for images. Im so glad.
Great bible app! It has the ability to read the scriptures to you while you read along which I absolutely LOVE! It has the ability to highlight and compare verses to other translations to try and understand the scriptures more fully. Also I love the function of creating verse images. And I love that they have updated it so I can format it to fit my wallpaper of my phone... so it can help me memorize scriptures better by saving at as my phone’s wallpaper. The only suggestions I would like to see updated is if they could allow the ability to share links in the comments or at the very least the ability to copy the link from the comment. As of right now you can’t copy anything from the comments. I would love to share links to sermons that is pertaining to the verses my friends are highlighting or studying... I’m sure there a lot of glitches and safe guards you would have to put in place to insure no one can share anything inappropriate. As a parent I like knowing my kids can’t click on anything and see anything they shouldn’t, so not sure if the benefit would outweigh the risks... Also if they could give us the ability to look up web searches for images that would pertain to the verse I’m creating an image for... if not no biggie. I just search it in my web browser and save the images and create them after they’ve been saved to my phone but thought it might make it more seamless. All in All a great App!!! I love it and use it mostly everyday.
Best App ever!
I can't remember ever writing out a review for an app, but this does deserve one. The app makes my Bible available at my fingertips on any of my devices, so intuitive and in different versions. No excuse for not reading in the bed, on the road or anywhere I chose to as long as I have any of my devices with me, even if I am offline as pre-downloaded version resides on my device and available offline. There are different reading plans and there are audio versions as well I believe. I personally prefer to read rather than be read to, but I have used it on some instances when I'm in bed and too tired to read and I'll rather just listen as I wind down to sleep. Besides, it will be of immense usefulness to those that are visually challenged in one way or the other.
I can keep writing all day about many things I love about this app, but chose not to bore you. The point is that there are no cons or negatives I can think of, and definitely no reason not to get this. Install this on all your devices and use it. Listen to the Word from the source rather than listening to these numerous wolves in sheep clothing so plentiful these days twisting the Word to suit their own agenda and to pad their pockets.
I believe in obtaining my information from the primary source, I don't now about you but I think you should too. The Bible is my primary source for the Words of God and that's my ultimate guide and reference point.
- 166.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh, Zulu
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2018 Life.Church
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.