Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 250 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 7.4.2
NEW (for select Audio Bible versions only):
• Easily select the exact verse you want to hear.
• Follow along in the text with our new verse tracker as the Bible App reads to you.
NEW (available in English, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish):
• Get the Verse of the Day Image sent to your device every day.
• Notification enhancements.
• Bug fixes.
Making the switch
I would never have believed that I would be willing to make a total switch to an online version of the Bible. In the past, I have always written all over my Bible, marking truths learned, and significant life lessons. My Bibles are a journal of what God is doing in my life. With YouVersion, highlighting in multiple colors is readily available and comments can be easily made and recorded. A simple tap or two and I can send a verse or a segment of a passage to myself or others. I love being able to have my daily passage read to me. It offers a fresh perspective. Multiple versions offer insights into a confusing section, or a variety of options for memorizing or sharing.
I have appreciated the updates, which have fixed minor glitches along the way. One suggestion would be in regard to the two-year reading plan by the Riverside Church - which I love. The whole app becomes a little sluggish the farther I get into the year. It would also be nice to begin with Day 1 at any point in the year, and have the dates readjust to that time frame. Presently, any time I switch to a different app, when I reopen my plan, it takes me to the day of the year instead of where I am actually reading. A little frustrating - but definitely still worth it.
An excellent electronic Bible
I have enjoyed using the YouVersion Bible app on my iPad and iPhone. I am enjoying a read the Bible in One Year plan, which features 4-6 daily readings. It offers many versions of the Scripture, some of which are downloadable and can be accessed from anywhere. Scriptures are available in many languages, so can sometimes be used to introduce an international friend to the Bible in their own language by downloading it to their phone. Thank you for such a great tool.
A year after writing my previous review, I want to write my continued support for the YouVersion Bible app. I have downloaded the new Christian Standard Bible translation and will add it to the versions that I read and compare. I have found that I can share texts with those who speak other languages by finding the text in an English version and switching to their language to play a chapter in an audio Bible. In some English translations you can choose the audio text verse by verse now, but that same flexibility isn't available in all languages. Thank you for the continued development of this great Bible app.
So many reasons to download it
First of all it's free. Second, for such a versatile app, it doesn't use much of my phone's limited storage space. Third, i love the many different styles of english language translation. They still say the same truth, but I can instantly find more depth and meaning in the words when they are phrased differently. Next, there is a huge variety of study plans of different themes, lengths, etc. which you can track. Also, I frequently use the voice tool to read to me. Especially when my eyes are tired. I can close my eyes and listen to the Word and focus. The highlighting and bookmark features are also powerful. I love this app and highly recommend it. My requests for improvement: (1) please make it possible to rewind the voice reader to any spot chosen rather than the current feature of automatically starting back at the beginning of the chapter, (2) add chain reference or index to help the reader search and find specific concept, persons, or places. Perhaps the latter would have to be another app? IDK
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 21, 2017
- Version: 7.4.2
- Size: 91.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Life.Church
- © 2008-2015 Life.Church
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes