Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 250 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 7.4.2
NEW (for select Audio Bible versions only):
• Easily select the exact verse you want to hear.
• Follow along in the text with our new verse tracker as the Bible App reads to you.
NEW (available in English, French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish):
• Get the Verse of the Day Image sent to your device every day.
• Notification enhancements.
• Bug fixes.
The Bible is always with me!
When I was younger I lugged my big Bible around with me every where I went. But then I started working and it wasn't always convenient, especially when traveling and between presentations or appointments. My pastor's wife share the You Version Bible app and it has transformed everything. I start early with the Verse of the day, comparing the different versions (love that feature!) and relating it to my life! Then one or more of the plans or independent Bible study, then I can listen to chapters being read to me while walking during my breaks and later on long walks with the dog. During times of waiting I can slip in another study or just be read to while doing crocheting or housework. When I'm visiting one of my children and their churches, I have access to whatever version they use. I do like the idea someone else shared about having different tabs across the top to be able to have ready access to cross referenced verses during sermons and teachings, as well as during my study times. The app is easier to search & share appropriate verses with others whether near or far and it is always available by downloading the versions I use most. Recently, I've also discovered the various videos that are so informative! I'm still exploring and learning and thank you for the wonderful app!
A Bible app for everyone.
My second review for your wonderful app is still 5-star. Now follows the "but" so many people out there have noticed. Everything is much slower... It this optimized for iPhone 5? I'm still on 4s, and just about everything takes longer with your newest version. Hoping this problem vanishes with my next phone upgrade. But I walk more closely with my savior thanks to your app. Have finished a number of plans, and love the daily discipline to go to His word this handy application imposes. A few taps, and I'm reading what God wants me to read, every day. Your responsiveness to suggestions is wonderful, but please avoid making YouVersion too "cute" with bells and whistles that make people--especially those who are not tech-savvy (I'm thinking especially of those in the senior category, like me, who could be scared off by those sliding screens and multiple buttons)--wary of technology. Keep on tweaking, but always to simplify reading and making God's Word more available to all of us. Hey, they make cell phones especially for older hands, with bigger buttons and fewer choices, don't they? Maybe an "elder" YouVersion would make this fine technology more accessible to such individuals. Thanks again for putting God's Word back into my life.
Making the switch
I would never have believed that I would be willing to make a total switch to an online version of the Bible. In the past, I have always written all over my Bible, marking truths learned, and significant life lessons. My Bibles are a journal of what God is doing in my life. With YouVersion, highlighting in multiple colors is readily available and comments can be easily made and recorded. A simple tap or two and I can send a verse or a segment of a passage to myself or others. I love being able to have my daily passage read to me. It offers a fresh perspective. Multiple versions offer insights into a confusing section, or a variety of options for memorizing or sharing.
I have appreciated the updates, which have fixed minor glitches along the way. One suggestion would be in regard to the two-year reading plan by the Riverside Church - which I love. The whole app becomes a little sluggish the farther I get into the year. It would also be nice to begin with Day 1 at any point in the year, and have the dates readjust to that time frame. Presently, any time I switch to a different app, when I reopen my plan, it takes me to the day of the year instead of where I am actually reading. A little frustrating - but definitely still worth it.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 21, 2017
- Version: 7.4.2
- Size: 91.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Life.Church
- © 2008-2015 Life.Church
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes