Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 180 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 7.3
• Version Compare already let you see a verse in different Bible versions. Now it also lets you easily scroll to the next or previous verse.
• We do our best to suggest Friends that you’ll want to connect with. Now, if we suggest someone you’d rather not Friend, just tap “Remove,” and we won’t suggest them to you again.
• Help your friends find you: Adding a photo to your profile is now faster than ever.
• Bug fixes.
The Bible App & #BibleFor21
I'm thanking Jesus for this app! It's been on my iPhone for over a year ago. I looked at it off & on, but never put a lot into it. Then one day "almost 21 days ago~ I'm actually on Day 18" ... I came back to look at the You Version app again & they had just introduced a new challenge with the Bible. If you can do something for 21 days in a roll, it can become a habit. Well I didn't want reading the Bible to be "just a habit"
They call it #BibleFor21 ...so what some call a habit ... I call a chance to get right with my Lord and READ HIS WORD FOR 21DAYS STRAIGHT!!! What a blessing this has been for me! I had gotten away from Devotional time with Jesus & this has brought me back! I get up everyday wanting to read as soon as I can! I'm kind of a late night owl kinda person. I can read earlier, but there's just something about after everyone has gone to bed & it's so quite & it's my time with Jesus!!! I just love it! I still try to read as soon as I get up because God's Word is the source of my strength to get through a day!
So I thank you for this Bible app of YouVersion! You have been there all along & I finally paid attention enough to come back to this app (as God was directing me to do )!
So first I Thank God !!! Then I thank YouVersion for being there for me! You don't know me ... but my Lord Jesus does !!!
One of the best bible app's out there! It has so much to get involved in to help you grow spiritually every day not just for 21 days!
God's word is Alive
What an amazing app, I can read God's word every day anytime anywhere any place. I can study because of someone who's involved in ministry I can cross-reference translations, I can keep an eye and actually put myself through a form of seminary training through these Bible plans, this app is absolutely a godsend. Thank you to the developers also for keeping accessibility in mind for those of us who use voiceover on the iPhone's. This app is 100% useable with voiceover, thank you so much for keeping people like me with a visual impairment in your thoughts minds and prayers when you were designing this application. Thank you, may God bless your efforts, and may God bless you all in Jesus name. There are some things I cannot seem to do for example create a verse image, and or highlight pavers. I have one or two verses that I've managed to highlight and I don't know how I did it, I also have one or two verse images I don't know how I created, this appears to be broken it was also broken on the last update but I had failed to mention it in my review. Other than that this app is totally amazing and I think you all for developing an amazing app, may God bless your efforts, bless your development team, and may God continue to bless you all in the Almighty salvational name of Jesus Christ.
Great app- could use a few additions
I love this app! I use it primarily for my daily reading. I find it less useful for studying. Things I love: It's very convenient-especially when traveling! I love the multiple versions and the ease of switching between them. The live feature is great for church and group studies. The bible reading plans and the sharing are other fantastic features. The diversity of plans is so helpful. Additions I'd love to see: I miss the notes icon next to the scripture when I written a note. I'd like to be able to immediately reread or add to my note when I encounter that verse again. It would also be useful to see any notes friends have shared on the verse or any previous discussion we've had about it as well. As many have shared, an ability to search phrases would be great! I would love to be able to highlight words and phrases in addition to entire passages. The inability to do so forces the use of another bible app when I want to do word studies, etc. I'd love to see an inter linear bible feature. When I want to study definitions or meaning I also have to use a different app-then choose in which app I will place my study notes-in this app or the one with the definition. Overall it's a great app for daily devotions-not as much for studying.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 13, 2017
- Version: 7.3
- Size: 89.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Life.Church
- © 2008-2015 Life.Church
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes