Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 180 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 7.3
• Version Compare already let you see a verse in different Bible versions. Now it also lets you easily scroll to the next or previous verse.
• We do our best to suggest Friends that you’ll want to connect with. Now, if we suggest someone you’d rather not Friend, just tap “Remove,” and we won’t suggest them to you again.
• Help your friends find you: Adding a photo to your profile is now faster than ever.
• Bug fixes.
The Bible App & #BibleFor21
I'm thanking Jesus for this app! It's been on my iPhone for over a year ago. I looked at it off & on, but never put a lot into it. Then one day "almost 21 days ago~ I'm actually on Day 18" ... I came back to look at the You Version app again & they had just introduced a new challenge with the Bible. If you can do something for 21 days in a roll, it can become a habit. Well I didn't want reading the Bible to be "just a habit"
They call it #BibleFor21 ...so what some call a habit ... I call a chance to get right with my Lord and READ HIS WORD FOR 21DAYS STRAIGHT!!! What a blessing this has been for me! I had gotten away from Devotional time with Jesus & this has brought me back! I get up everyday wanting to read as soon as I can! I'm kind of a late night owl kinda person. I can read earlier, but there's just something about after everyone has gone to bed & it's so quite & it's my time with Jesus!!! I just love it! I still try to read as soon as I get up because God's Word is the source of my strength to get through a day!
So I thank you for this Bible app of YouVersion! You have been there all along & I finally paid attention enough to come back to this app (as God was directing me to do )!
So first I Thank God !!! Then I thank YouVersion for being there for me! You don't know me ... but my Lord Jesus does !!!
One of the best bible app's out there! It has so much to get involved in to help you grow spiritually every day not just for 21 days!
Thank God for the Bible app!
I've had the Bible app for quite awhile now and am so grateful to be able to have my Bible available to me no matter where I am. I also appreciate the plans that help keep me on track with my time in the Word. I have only two small things I'd like to see addressed. One is mentioned by others -- being able to get rid of the friends list and not see it every time I open my app. I'm not a social media person and I would prefer to just have my Bible reading be private. I will not be using the friends feature so I wish I could delete it. Also, I wonder if there's any way to keep the app open even when you've been "idle" for several minutes? Often I use the app simply to show me which passages I should be reading that day, but I actually do the reading in a hard copy Bible where I can underline and scribble notes. Then when I go back to see what passage I should read next, not only has the screen gone dark, but the app has booted me out and I have to start the whole process over. It's a little frustrating. But overall, thanks for all you do in making the Bible available to so many people! That is truly God's work.
I prefer my "real" Bible to the app because it has been with me for decades and it is easier to use and to find what I want. It's my friend. However, YouVersion has made it possible for me to read the Bible on a plane, bus, or at the beach or on top of a mountain without having to carry a heavy book. It has helped to not have to lug my Bible to church...the YouVersion has made it possible to listen to several books being read aloud to me as I commute to work, go on long bike rides, or while getting ready for my day or cooking dinner. I can pick it up and read in the middle of the night without having to turn on a light and wake up my husband. I create images for special verses so I can quickly glance at them for a refresher during a stressful work day. I am so so thankful for YouVersion. The only thing I'm not wild about is the way "friends" are set up. I consider my home page pretty personal so it's kind of like finding a surprise note in my bible or journal, like, how did you do that? when someone else's highlighted verse shows up there. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 13, 2017
- Version: 7.3
- Size: 89.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Life.Church
- © 2008-2015 Life.Church
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes