Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 130 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Hundreds of Bible versions, hundreds of reading plans, and hundreds of languages. Add your own highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
Now, Bible App 5 brings you brand new features that allow you to explore the Bible with your
closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice
of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions,
in over 400 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB,
ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access
(available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles as you do other tasks (Audio
Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking,
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app
as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as
well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries,
the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep
track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks,
email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only
you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your
notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size,
and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible
* Like us on Facebook:
* Follow us on Twitter:
* Catch up on the latest on our blog:
* Use YouVersion online:
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy
the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 5.1
New for version 5.1
Bring your favorite people into the picture as you explore the Bible with your closest friends.
* Invite your Contacts to the Bible App more easily
* Add friends directly from the Home view
* Improved performance for the Home view
* Updated style for the Bible Reader (iPhone)
* New fonts and more font sizes for the Bible Reader
* Like and comment on New Friendships
* Continued performance improvements and bug fixes
Reduced from 5 stars to 2!
Update as of 7/3/14. Getting worse and worse! Latest update didn't fix the fact that oy so many saved bookmarks up and now, every time you switch to another app (like, say to answer a text message), and come back to the bible to pick up reading, it scrolls all the way back to verse 1 of whatever chapter you are reading. The all has been taking forever to load/crashes frequently for weeks too and it seems my to have been fixed.
Bible app "5" update is TERRIBLE. It won't show all my bookmarks...only x amount of anything past that are ERASED essentially...I can't view them. When you highlight things it either doesn't work, and/or it erases other nearby highlights for some reason. Also, when you are reading through bookmarks, you read one, and the hit the "<Bookmarks" button and it scrolls ALLLLLL the way back to the top of your bookmarks, so you have to scroll down to see where you left off. And finally.....PUT THE SIDE SCROLL BAR BACK, so I can see how much longer I have left in a chapter. PLEASE, fix this YouVersion. I have always loved this app, and now I hate it and will be downloading a new bible app.... 😢😢😢😢
WHAT A BLESSING!!
I downloaded this app quite awhile ago but only used it very little. In the last couple of months I have been reading everyday and recommitted my life to Christ. I can read my bible anywhere, including work when I can without carrying my actual bible. I'm still learning the other features. It hasn't crashed on me yet either. The reading plans are awesome and I'm learning to apply what I learn into my daily living. You can also set up reminders to read your bible, which helps me as well and if you get behind, there is a caught up feature so you can continue where you left off without going all the way back to the date you last read your plan. You can also contact you version through email and they can help you if you need it or voice your concerns. I have already done this and they did reply in a timely matter and helped me.
New update destroyed any hope of 5 stars :-(.
The most recent update has made the app simply terrible!!!!! I used to love this app. Now I'm searching for another. I totally agree that all the social integration and bells and whistles have slowed the app down so much, that it's virtually unusable!! The purpose is to allow users to read God's Word- not have a Facebook or friend - sharing experience!!!! It crashes all the time now (I have an iPhone 5 running latest iOS) and is so so so slow!!!!
When you write the app developers, you get this weird email that they're just totally swamped and overworked and everyone is aware of your problem, but hopefully they'll get to it in the future when they can come up for air 'cause they're so busy. It's a pretty poor response (I've gotten it several times- not just once!) for a Christian ministry! I am sad to be leaving this kind of review on a Christian app, but I see no other way for the developers to see that users want something to be done so that they can go back to READING THE BIBLE, which should be the primary focus here! Thank you.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 01, 2014
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 13.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: LifeChurch.tv
- © 2008-2013 LifeChurch.tv
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.