Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 160 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Hundreds of Bible versions, hundreds of reading plans, and hundreds of languages. Add your own highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
Now, Bible App 5 brings you brand new features that allow you to explore the Bible with your
closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice
of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions,
in over 675 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB,
ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access
(available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles as you do other tasks (Audio
Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking,
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app
as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as
well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries,
the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep
track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks,
email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only
you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your
notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size,
and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible
* Like us on Facebook:
* Follow us on Twitter:
* Catch up on the latest on our blog:
* Use YouVersion online:
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy
the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 5.9.1
● Easily turn the Verse of the Day into a shareable Verse Image
● Simpler color picker for Verse Images
● Bug fixes and interface improvements:
* Actionable notifications
* Verse picker
Appreciated app, but a couple of issues
I am thankful to the creators of this app for the time they've put into it to make it available. It does help me to be more accountable to read on a daily basis. We too are working through a chronological reading of the Bible in a year. We have not had the problem others seem to be having and I think it may be more the plan that is chosen rather than the app. We get whole chapters with no breakdowns of them and it is keeping up with what we read.
My biggest critiques are that the app is crashing more after this latest update. Once I finish a plan, I can't get back into it to review something I might want to review without having to choose the plan again. I would prefer easier access to completed plans. Also, it would be preferable for verses to come before devotional content.
There is not the freedom to copy/highlight a particular section of a devotional or verse. You have to copy a whole devo and paste it into notes or highlight a whole verse rather than a section of it.
Even though I have these critiques of this app, I am not dissatisfied with it. On the contrary, I like it very much. Just would like the creators to address the little things before they create something bigger.
Best Bible app I have ever used
From the first time I started using this app, I have enjoyed this Bib
E app thoroughly giving me a variety of tools for both my daily reading as well as following a sermons in church. It doesn't stop there I love the fact that it allows the user to choose what version they want to read, you can connect with friends and share passages in the Bible, there are reading plans and even a live section where a pastor can share their sermon notes so that you can follow more easily. Even more, this is not just an app but I can also go to their website and whatever notes I create or passages that I highlight or bookmark, everything is synchronized. I highly recommend this app. The only thing that I would ever request more from this app is that I wish it had a concordance. I hope this review helps everyone is they determine what is the best Bible app for them.
Take it with you
This may be one of the best apps that I have used, or have seen. It's my most used app. I love the fact that no matter where I am I always have my bible. For the iPad as well! So if your looking for bible to take on the go this would be the one no doubt. And it comes with many easy to read versions! Or listen instead. I also collect bibles so this is a nice addition to them. On or off line! I tried many bible apps. This is the one I Love. It does so much like easy to navigate around from chapter to chapter or verse to verse or bible to bible, taking notes, high lighting in colors, book marks, videos and bible plans and daily reminders and your verse for the day. It is so awesome. It keeps me on my Bible reading daily. No matter where I'm at. Head phones in on walks in the parks or at work or just in the car. A+++++.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 28, 2015
- Version: 5.9.1
- Size: 36.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: LifeChurch.tv
- © 2008-2015 LifeChurch.tv
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.