Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
On more than 250 million devices around the world, people are reading, listening to, watching, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Over 1,000 Bible versions, in hundreds of languages. Hundreds of Reading Plans, in over 40 languages. Add your own Verse Images, highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes.
Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
The Bible App lets you explore the Bible with your closest friends. Share honest conversations about Scripture with a community of people you know and trust. Learn along with them as you see what they’re discovering.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in over 775 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access (available for select versions).
* Listen to audio Bibles and enjoy all-new skip, playback speed, and timer controls. (Audio Bibles available for select versions and are not downloadable).
USE THE BIBLE WITH YOUR FRIENDS
* Put the Bible at the center of your closest relationships with mutual friendships in the Bible App
* See a stream of Bible activity that shows what you and your friends are noting, bookmarking, and highlighting
* Comment to share your thoughts, ask questions, and have meaningful conversations in the app as you study God’s Word together
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of Plans: you’ll find devotionals, as well as Plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible in a year.
* Watch and share clips from ‘The Bible’ TV miniseries, the world-changing ‘JESUS’ film, and ‘The Lumo Project.’
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* All-new Themes let you select a color palette for your entire Bible App experience.
* Verse Images: Turn Bible verses into shareable art.
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device through cloud syncing.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions.
CONNECT WITH YOUVERSION
* Contact support from directly inside the Bible App.
* Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/youversion
* Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/youversion
* Catch up on the latest on our blog: http://blog.youversion.com
* Use YouVersion online: http://bible.com
Download the world’s #1 Bible App now and enjoy the Bible reading experience loved by millions!
What's New in Version 7.5.3
• Performance improvements give you a better reading experience.
• Tap your Verse of the Day push notification to see related Reading Plans, compare Bible versions, and more.
• Reading Plan rating improvements help you find the best Plans for you.
• Offline Improvements.
• Bug Fixes
This Bible app has helped me so much this year. Some of my favorite things about this app are (1) The plans (devotions) are wonderful. They are always my go-to, and daily devotional. They aren't too long, they aren't too short, but they are just in that perfect time frame. It really depends on which devotional you pick from. Some may just have a topic, and scripture reading. Some may have a topic, a video, and scripture reading. However long they are though you can always count on them to give you your daily dose of God that you crave. I have completed eleven of these plans with hope to get at least eleven more, Lord willing. (2) I love how you can choose to read any different Bible version, but still get the wonderful Word to you! (3) Last but certainly not least are the videos. There are Bible walk through, projects and films and I cannot tell you enough how much I've loved watching these videos. Everyone loves a good video, and it's a very good way for visual learners (like myself) to truly understand scripture. Not only on being able to understand the words, but also being able to see what it was really like in Bible times! Those are just a few of the things that I ❤ about this app! Thank you for reading this review.
Supplement to Traditional Style
I really enjoy the Bible App because of its ease and flexibility, however, I struggled over getting it for fear that it would take the place of my traditional bible. Call me an old fogey but as I'm nearing fifty two years old there's a lot of traditional ways that don't seem right with today's technological society and, although, I use a computer at work (heavily) and depend my iPhone for many things throughout the day...the iPhone being my bible, was just a tad over board. Eight months ago we sold our home and during the packing process my favorite bible was packed and shipped to storage instead of the rent house while we build. To make a long story short, I tried the Bible App for ease to "get by" until I get to the storage unit but once I downloaded, it was easy. Reading is easier, convenience is really nice, lesson plans are understandable, and your subject matters are endless and specific. I'll always have my traditional bible but I start now with the Bible App and the topics that interest me or affect me, my family, and friends or colleagues. Plus the ease of switching between the different "versions" of the bible are really powerful. I would (and have been) recommending the Bible App to all my friends. Really nice!
To read it is to know what and to live by it
I have several other Bible apps on my phone however this one daily verses, the plans that you can read all relate to things that are happening in my life today it is a blessing to be able to go to any book any chapter and read the true word not adding anything to it or taking anything away from it
I read some of the other reviews that other people of written, I can't find one thing that I disagree with. The other thing about this Bible app is that you can push the play button but when you're in your car you may not have time to physically read what's in front of you but you could always listen to it the speakers are very elegant in the way that they speak in the emphasis on the things that are important emphasize correctly the pronunciation of key names, places and words also a blessing because it helps me to understand how to pronounce those same names, place and words, where as before I could not
Having the ability to switch between various Bibles is also top rated
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jul 07, 2017
- Version: 7.5.3
- Size: 98.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Mongolian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Seller: Life.Church
- © 2008-2017 Life.Church
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes