Bible by Olive Tree
By HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Bible by Olive Tree is the best free Bible app for reading and studying God’s Holy Word and comes with great translations like the NIV, ESV, KJV, NKJV, and more!
Do more than just read your Bible - take notes, highlights, and save passages and sync to all your devices. This free Bible Study App features a powerful Resource Guide that links your Bible text with outstanding study Bibles, maps, commentaries, and more for an in-depth Bible study experience. Start a Bible reading plan and Bible will track your progress as you read through Scripture. Our unique split window allows you to create your own customized parallel Bible to easily compare Bible translations. Install now and explore over 100 more free titles with full offline functionality!
In addition to the New International Version (NIV), King James Version (KJV), English Standard Version (ESV), New King James Version bible that work offline, you can also download dozens of free study resources. Even more translations and great study resources are also available for purchase in-app.
OFFLINE BIBLE STUDY
Read and study whether you’re connected or not. Your library, notes, highlights and all of the app features are stored on your device so that you have full functionality when you are offline or in airplane mode.
Sync your Bible study resources, highlights, notes, save passages, and book ribbons between any devices with Bible.
POWERFUL RESOURCE GUIDE
With our one-of-a-kind Resource Guide, perform powerful searches through your entire Library of Bibles, Bible commentaries, Bible dictionaries, and more.
The split window feature allows you to create your own customized parallel Bible for translation comparison, view your study notes while you read, or follow along with a commentary while you study Scripture.
IMMERSIVE BIBLE STUDY
• Remove distractions by opening your books and Bibles in full screen and immerse yourself in Scripture.
• Night theme for easier reading in lowlight.
PERSONAL BIBLE STUDY
• Highlight words and passages
• Take your own personalized notes
• Save your favorite passages
• Tag anything to find it quickly later
• Leave a book ribbon on a page in order to pick up where you left off
• Select and copy text from any Bible or book in your Library
DAILY READING PLANS
• Free downloadable reading plans on various topics, books of the Bible, or specific biblical characters
• Sync your reading plan across your devices with Bible+
• Plans vary in length with options as short as 5 days to as long as three years!
SOCIAL BIBLE STUDY
Instantly share the Bible with your friends from inside the app. Tap on a verse to share it through Twitter, Facebook or via email.
OTHER BIBLE STUDY RESOURCES AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE IN-APP:
• The Message, Amplified Bible, New American Standard Bible (NASB), New Living Translation (NLT), New Revised Standard Version (NRSV), and over 100 more!
• Best-selling study Bibles: ESV Study Bible, NLT Study Bible, NIV Study Notes, NKJV Study Notes, Life Application Study Bible, Reformation Study Bible Notes
• Word Study Bibles with Strong’s Numbers in NIV, KJV, ESV, NKJV, HCSB and NASB Bible translations
• Commentaries and Study Tools: Vine’s Expository Dictionary, Expositor’s Bible Commentary; Olive Tree Bible Maps, Bible Knowledge Commentary, Zondervan Atlas of the Bible
• Interlinear Bibles: Easily compare the Original Languages of the Bible with ESV, KJV, and NKJV Bible translations.
• Harmony of the Gospels: Read through the life of Jesus chronologically with our unique Gospel harmonies.
• Original language Bibles: Greek New Testament: NA28 & UBS-4; Hebrew Old Testament: BHS; Greek Old Testament: Septuaginta, LXX
• Non-English Bibles including Spanish, Portuguese, German and more: Reina-Valera, Almeida Revista e Atualizada, Dios Habla Hoy, Luther Bibel 1984, Louis Segond, Indonesian Bible
AND MANY MORE!
What's New in Version 6.3.3
We've fixed a few bugs—nothing too major! Enjoying our app? We'd love it if you'd give us a review!
Worst upgrade since Vista?
The good news is that the 6.3.3 release fix appears to fix what OT broke and didn’t test on 6.3.2. The bad news is they felt the need to say they fixed "nothing major" in the release notes. They killed every one of their Strong's bibles, as well as notes in every Bible, and it was "nothing major." This is a company that does not get it.
— — — — — — — — — — —
And, continuing in a long line of bad upgrades, the latest, 6.3.2, completely breaks Strong's Bibles — tapping now dims the screen instead of opening the pop up window. No way to get to the Strong's information.
I would say something about OT's testing, but it's become obvious over the years they don't do any.
I’ve had an iPad for three years, and that whole time I’ve said that the app now known as Bible+ was its killer app. As much as I loathe buying proprietary ebooks, I bought several for Bible+, and have hardly opened my desktop (Windows) Bible software since. It didn’t move the bar as far as it should have, but it was a really good program.
And then the 5.9 upgrade happened, the one that took “two years” to bring to us. It’s in the top 5 of worst software upgrades I’ve ever encountered. The typography is horrible: three or four different leadings on the same page, verse numbers that are closer to the previous verse than they are the verse they refer to, etc. The screen sometimes paints two or three times before it finally finishes. You can’t go more than three screens ahead at a time without having to wait for several seconds for the next page to display. There’s a new screen in front of the Strong’s dictionary when tapping on a word that serves no purpose other than to make it harder to see the dictionary view. Formatting codes show up on pages out of the blue. Reading plan buttons say one place, take you to another, and display a third in the header.
I installed the 5.9 upgrade from scratch, as I had purchased an NASB bundle long ago that I had since deleted, so all the content was freshly loaded after 5.9 (.6) was installed (no, the recently released 5.9.8 doesn’t make any difference). I’m on an iPad Air running the latest iOS7. Thus these aren’t problems related to un-upgraded content, or old hardware, or old OS. These are fundamental to the program.
It is inconceivable it took two years to get here, and it’s even more inconceivable (“you keep usin’ that word…") that it was released anyway. This was once a pretty good program, and it might be again, but it doesn’t appear it will be anytime soon.
Pop up window is not working in hyperlink
Pop up window is not working in hyperlink in my iPad Air 2.. it used to work prior to iOS 11 update. This is the first time this occurred on this app.
Update has some issues (updated)
I grabbed the new release (6.3.3) and the issues mentioned below has been resolved. Thanks for the interim response and the relatively quick fix.
Love this app and use every day, but this morning I can't read my notes and can no copy/paste verses. It appears that opening new windows from the text no longer works as it should. Once fixed I will amend / delete this review.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 22, 2017
- Version: 6.3.3
- Size: 127 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc.
- © Olive Tree Bible Software, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- New International Version (NIV) - 17562Free
- The Message - MSG$9.99
- New King James Version - NKJV - 16633$9.99
- New Living Translation - NLT$9.99
- NIV Study Bible Notes$14.99
- Amplified Bible Classic$19.99
- Olive Tree Bible Maps$13.99
- ESV Study Bible$29.99
- New American Standard Bible -$9.99
- New Revised Standard Version$9.99