Bibledit: Now translation teams can edit Scripture on any device!
Here’s a quick list of capabilities that Bibledit provides for Bible translation teams today:
* Bibledit has much of the same functionality of Paratext, but it works on any smart device - including all types of computers and tablets and phones.
* A translation team can work with Bibledit via the Internet without installing anything. We call this the Cloud version. But for most translation team members, it will be better to install Bibledit locally. This is called the Client version. The Client version saves editing changes made by each team member to his/her device, and when they have an connection, their work will automatically be saved to the Cloud.
* Many excellent and scholarly translation resources available in Bibledit. And one can view translation resources while editing a translation on the same screen.
* Bibledit can port changes in a Bible text over to a local instance of Paratext. I think many translation team leaders will want to do this. But the opposite is also possible: Bibledit can receive Bible texts from Paratext.
* Bibledit has many powerful export options. These include creating web-ready HTML files, beautifully formatted OpenOffice files (which then can easily be turned into PDF files), and Sword modules for Bible-reading applications on all smart devices.
Can show focused verse text during note creation.
Swipe Resources into another order.
Translators can export Bibles.
More robust consultation notes verse focusing.
Fix tool tips in the main menu.
Open Scriptures Hebrew Bible updated to version 1.4.
Secure transport layer update.
Removes USFM word level attributes from the visual exports.
Upon opening, the USFM editor scrolls the text cursor into view.
The Bible editors support the five special XML characters.
A translator can do some bulk operations on consultation notes.
Can display the Bible selector for the change notifications at the top.
Additional standard orders for the Bible books.
The OpenDocument export respects the custom order of books.
The notes display can show the note status.
Disable style setting for spanning columns.
Updated Open Scriptures Hebrew Bible.
Better defaults for footnotes formatting.
Improved check on French guillemets.
Can set the stylesheet per Bible.
Better internationalization of the Bible book names.
Support comments in .po files.
Improved stylesheet translation.
More natural order of the books in the exports.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.