Big Calculator Free
By Tioga Designs, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Add The App That Should Have Been On Your iPad In The First Place"
Big Calculator Free was designed to take full advantage of the iPad screen offering a large display and a paper tape to keep track of your calculations. Need even larger buttons? Rotate to Portrait mode to fill the entire screen with just the calculator.
- Large, easy to press buttons
- Paper tape so you can see your previous calculations
- Change the font size of the paper tape to whatever is right for you
- Email or Copy the contents of your paper tape
- Memory Recall button changes to display your current memory value
- Support for percentage, square root, squared, cubed plus all the basics
- Backspace button
- Store state when you exit - start off right where you left off
- Number format based on your locale settings
Upgrade to Big Calculator for these extra features:
- Customize button colors and background
- Store your own custom color theme
- Configure number of decimal places
- Audio click when you press a button (on/off)
- Order of Operations (on/off)
What's New in Version 4.2
Big Calculator Free has gotten bigger! Big Calculator Free has been updated for iOS 7 and now has:
New in 4.2:
- Additional changes to make buttons easier to read
New in 4.1:
- Buttons and display are now easier to see!
New in 4.0:
- Bigger buttons
- Bigger display with larger font
- Ability to delete rows from the paper tape
- Faster startup
- 15x smaller app size
- Much improved voice for the Talking In-App Purchase
- Redesigned for iOS 7
Helpful with basic calculating needs
I've had this app for quite awhile now. It meets my needs for a basic calculator but do wish it had a % function (Ex: 50 + 23% = x). A couple to things I really like it the ability to change font sizes and the 'paper tape' that makes it possible to proof the figures you've entered. It is especially helpful to be able to email the paper tape to yourself for archiving purposes. The calculator fills up the whole screen which makes it easy to see and enter numbers on. Overall, a very helpful app. Thanks.
Perfect free calculator app
The two biggest selling points: No obtrusive ads (just a little strip at the top) plus the calculator takes a minimal amount of storage space on your device. This has less than 1/2 the MBs of most of the other free calculator apps and it does the job. It has a good size number pad, plus it has a paper tape as a nice bonus. I'm glad I found this app.
Simple and functional
This is a great simple free app in a field of many, many apps. I have no issues with it for my business uses and I like the history tape, just wish I could clear it with a single button or double click of a single button.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 25, 2014
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Tioga Designs, LLC
- © 2012 Tioga Designs, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Settings & Themes$1.99
- Talking Mode$1.99