Frustrated with other options for managing youth sport draft boards, our coaches and developers got together and created an app our team uses for every draft we participate in. With the app our Draft times have moved from 3+ hours to about 1.5 hours or less.
Big Time Coach Baseball League Draft brings you over 30 years of baseball league management experience right to your iPad. This season move way from spread sheets, black boards, or other draft tools and processes, and move into a more streamlined process.
With this app We have developed another easy to use tool that this time is aimed to help League Staff, Player Agents, and other league staff by putting all the draft necessities into a single efficient app. League officials will save hours of work, and the coaches who participate in the draft will have much more fun in the process.
The League Draft Features will allow you to conduct a live draft for you league with the ability to control the draft by setting up 'Brother Options', tracking previous divisons of play, and even applying Min/Max levels on an age by age basis. No more tracking picks on a chalk or white board, and keeping manual track of which team made which pick.
Challenging situations like unwinding to fix problems are a simple touch of a button away. Then resume the draft from the unwind point. When the draft is complete, export teams and send the rosters directly to the coaches.
Big Time Coach League Draft Features include:
- Dedicated 'Pool' of players that multiple drafts can pull from
- Tracking of Previous Divisions to ensure players do not fall through to lower divisions.
- Min/Max Values by Age to assist in distribution of players
- Pre-Draft "slotting" of players for coaches sons/daughters and titled players
- Support for Serpentine or Continuous Draft Order types
- Integrated post round review to ensure accurate picks
- Simple / Integrated 'Unwind' function to aid you when there are draft problems.
- Post draft one-button trade and roster export functions.
- Included in the Baseball League Draft App is the newly created Help Viewer developed by the Big Time Coach team. Making it easy for any user to quickly understand how to use and operate the app.
- There so many more features in this app it's hard to list them all!
Download the App today to get ready for the new season!
We are dedicated to providing coaches, parents and youth organizations everywhere the tools that they need to succeed.
Check out our family of apps: Injury Report (Free), Practice Planner, Pitch Counter, Game Planner, and Tryout and Draft Management on the App Store. To learn more about Big Time Coach, visit our website at www.BigTimeCoach.com. We are constantly developing more tools for coaches and would love to hear from you on what you need as a coach.
Big Time Coach, Helping Players, One Coach At A Time!
With feedback from our staff and quite a few users, we've made dramatic changes to the way you navigate and perform actions in Tryout and Draft Management.
Actions Replace the Task List
We admit that the old "Task List" was a real pain to use for navigation. As a result, we have removed the "Task List" and added an "Actions" button to aid in navigation. This does two things:
1) All the navigation is directly on each view. No need to bring up the old "Task List" to perform navigation functions.
2) Lists (draft sets, drafts, teams, players, etc) are now embedded in the view for better response and context.
Actions Consolidate Lower Navigation Bar
In many views there was a blue navigation bar at the bottom of the view. This view had many buttons for actions in the view context. The problem was that this navigation bar would get extremely crowded. The blue navigation bar also took up significant space at the bottom of the view. All of these functions have now been moved to the "Actions" list on each view.
Re-designed Import Function
While the old version worked fine, it was a but cumbersome to use. We've re-designed the views and process to flow better including an improved Template File which can be edited more easily and accurately.
New Player Slotting Function
For leagues that allow pre-selection or are using "titled" players (players who are retained on the same team year over year) - League Draft now allows you to "slot" players before the draft and have them automatically selected during the draft. Views are provided so that you may show coaches the slotted players by team, or by round.
This was a much requested feature that we've added for this release.
Bug Fixes and Updates
Of course no new release would be complete without a number of bug fixes and updates. We've done a number of things "under-the-hood" to make the app perform better and be more stable.
Reviews, Feedback, and Forums
If you love the app like our coaches do - please take a moment and do a review on iTunes. This will help us continue to make improvements and support everyone who is having success using Tryout and Draft Management.
If you have concerns, issues, or just want to reach out.. Don't hesitate to contact us via our website http://www.bigtimecoach.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Fantastic For Drafts
Benicia Little League has been using this app for the past couple of seasons, and it is fantastic. We are able to import the entire draft pool, and conduct drafts on a division by division basis (starting with Majors) quickly and efficiently. We use an iPad and project the draft board onto a screen so that all the Managers may see the listing as the draft progresses. With “brother options”, min-max settings for ages, and even previous division everything is covered.
We especially like the display of who is currently picking, who is “on-deck”, and who is “In-The-Hole” because it moves the draft along very quickly. The BTC folks have thought of everything we need including team exports, un-winding (when mistakes are made), and automatic post-round review. Our drafts have moved from 3 or more hours per division, to 1 or 1.5 hours. Great tool for any league - highly recommended!
- Carl Rendell
- 11.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Big time Coach
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.