Bike Maps — Bicycle Routes & Trails
By Pathym Corp.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bike Maps shows you bike routes, lanes, and trails everywhere in the world. Whether you’re commuting to work, exploring your local neighborhoods, or planning a round-the-world tour, this app will help you find a good route to ride.
• DETAILED MAPS include bicycle routes, elevation and hills, businesses and amenities, transit stations, and more.
• TURN-BY-TURN VOICE DIRECTIONS for bicycle-friendly routes from point A to point B via dedicated bicycle trails, bike lanes, quiet residential streets, etc. Find out the total distance of a route so you can also use it as a ride-planning tool.
• RIDE TRACKING saves the GPS path of your route, and shows your current speed and distance as you go.
• OFFLINE MAPS let you use the app without a cell signal by downloading map regions before your ride.
• REVIEW PAST RIDES on the map and share them as an image, GPX file, or direct to your Strava account.
Cities with the most extensive maps of cycling facilities are:
UNITED STATES: Austin, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York City, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Washington DC
AUSTRALIA: Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
AUSTRIA: Graz, Wien
BELGIUM: Antwerp, Brussels, Ghent
CANADA: Calgary, Kitchener-Waterloo, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec, Toronto, Vancouver, Winnipeg
CZECH REPUBLIC: Brno, Ostrava, Prague
FINLAND: Espoo, Helsinki
FRANCE: Brest, Lyon, Nantes, Paris, Toulouse, Strasbourg
GERMANY: Berlin, Düsseldorf, Essen, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Köln, München, Stuttgart
NETHERLANDS: Amsterdam, Den Haag, Eindhoven, Rotterdam, Utrecht
NORWAY: Oslo, Trondheim
SWEDEN: Århus, Gothenburg, Stockholm
UNITED KINGDOM: Bristol, Edinburgh, London, Glasgow, Nottingham
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life when using the ride-tracking and directions features.
What's New in Version 5.3.5
◦ Scale Bar: more easily estimate distances on the map
◦ Bug fixes
Overall is great!
Especially for the offline tracking! Would be greater if I could share the tracks and adding pictures too .
West MI bike trails
The app is way out of date! Not accurate at all!
Missing and/or extra paths
I downloaded this app in order to ride around Brentwood, TN. It shows the miles of off-road paths nicely, but omits showing almost all on-road paths. That's a big disappointment in an area like Brentwood. I've also noticed that it shows many hiking trails which don't allow biking, such as the Appalachian Trail in GA. It doesn't really explain these non-biking trails. Finally, I emailed them with these comments and they never responded with anything other than an auto reply "we'll get back to you". Very disappointed.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: May 04, 2017
- Version: 5.3.5
- Size: 36.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German
- Seller: Pathym Corp.
- © 2017 Pathym Corp.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.