PhotoCard by Bill Atkinson
By Bill Atkinson Photography
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
By far the best postcard app, PhotoCard is FREE! Capture the moment and send a gorgeous personal keepsake to be treasured for years. Create unique custom-designed postcards using your own photos or Bill's expressive nature photos, and send them as eCards, or as real printed and mailed postcards. Type or dictate a message on the back, and add a decorative stamp and stickers. Make your creation even more personal with custom stamps and stickers of your own images, and finish with your signature.
You can send an unlimited number of PhotoCards by email free of charge, or for a small fee, have us print high quality 8.25 x 5.5 inch cards and mail them with first-class postage. Start by choosing one of the app's 220 built-in nature photographs or one of your own personal photos. Adjust the cropping, lighten or darken your photo, or let PhotoCard analyze and automatically enhance it. Flip the card over and type or dictate a personal message on the back. Jazz up your card with a decorative stamp and stickers, and sign it with your own custom signature. Email cards can even include a recorded voice note. When you've finished your creation, you can send it off to any email or postal address in the world!
• No frustrations. Simple, intuitive, and fun graphical user interface.
• No delays. Within minutes of thinking about a friend or family member, you can have a personalized PhotoCard on its way to their postal mailbox or sent directly to their email Inbox.
• Make it postcard-perfect. Use one of Bill’s stunning nature photos, or crop and adjust one of your own photos.
• Write your message on the back of your card using any available font, size, and style.
• Edit in place and get what you see with full-screen page layout.
• Decorate PhotoCards with your choice of playful stickers and colorful stamps.
• Record voice notes, up to 60 seconds, and include them in your emailed PhotoCards.
• Personalize your postcard with custom stamps, custom stickers, and even a custom signature.
• Sending PhotoCards via email is always free.
• Sending print-and-mail cards to the USA costs as little as $1.50, including first-class postage, and as little as $2.25 to other countries.
• Large 8.25 x 5.5 inch cards are printed with a state-of-the-art HP Indigo digital press and laminated for lasting protection.
• Address correction makes sure your card is deliverable as addressed.
• A graphical confirmation email informs you when your card is being printed, and another email after it has been mailed.
• Sent card history shows you all the cards you’ve sent, and lets you open a new, editable copy to start a new card.
• PhotoCard includes a collection of Bill's finest nature photographs and a limited license to print and mail these copyrighted photos.
Brought to you by Bill Atkinson, author of Apple’s original QuickDraw, MacPaint, and HyperCard software.
What's New in Version 14.0
• Quieter toolbars help you focus more on the card you are creating, and less on the tools you are using.
• Stickers on the front: You can now place stickers on the front of the card as well as the back.
• Colored borders: You can now add colored borders to your card.
• Hide the "sent-by" text: a new setting lets you choose a vertical line instead.
• PhotoCard is a universal app optimized for each different model and resolution of iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
• PhotoCard 14.0 requires iOS 9.0 or later.
Best postcard app
I have used a number of postcard apps, this one is the best! The intuitive ease & flow of the app is amazing, the photos offered for use are beautiful, you also have the option of accessing your own photo library. It is easy to flip from front to back of the card & the message section gives you a lot of choice for font types. Addresses are easily added or you have the option of accessing your contacts within your device. The overall experience within the app is great, BUT what is this if the finished postcard is of poor quality??? Here is where this app truly shines! The finished card looks like something you would frame! The overall size of the card is around 5x8"! The print quality is stunning & the gloss lamination applied keeps the ink intact through the rough waters of the mail destroying Post Office! I have not seen any postcard that begins to compare in quality!!!
Nice meld of Old School And New School
In the past few years, I went away from mailing (via US Postal) cards to friends and family. I went the digital route and send online electronic cards. Last year, I started using a photo collage app on my iPad to create a "holiday collage" but it became my own "personal Christmas" card that I emailed to friends.
I created a collage on my iPad once again this year. With the US Postal Service struggling a bit, I wondered if I could find an easy way to convert my collages into printable cards without having to do the printing / mailing myself. This is where I stumbled upon PhotoCard. The app allowed me to create my own card if I wanted to (much like the collage app I am using). However, as I had created the collage already, I simply imported the image into Postcards and off I went. It's not perfect as my image doesn't quite fill the screen but I was able to live with the limitation.
I paid for a large number of credits so I could have these cards mailed to some people I know as well as a friend of my mom's. I don't know how long this service will stay running but enjoy it for what it's worth. It's a great meld of electronic technology giving you the creativity to create your own card and then mixing it with the old school way of sending a card out by US Postal to friends and family.
Terrific product and customer service
I don't usually write many reviews but felt compelled to pass on my personal experience with this app which I had originally heard from Leo Laporte's podcast. I knew I was on to something when 9/10 of my sent postcards made a point of thanking me after they received their card. I ended up sending one to myself to check it out and was impressed by the quality of the card. Creating the card is easy and very "Apple" like. The kicker was on my last card the app developer noticed an error in the address and made the correction as well and also emailed me explaining what the error was! All I can say is WOW.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 08, 2016
- Version: 14.0
- Size: 43.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bill Atkinson Photography
- © 2016 Bill Atkinson Photography
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.