BillionGraves Camera App
By Otter Creek Holdings, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At BillionGraves we are working to provide an expansive family history database for records and images from the world’s cemeteries—but it’s not something we can do alone. We need you to help us by collecting images from your local cemeteries and transcribing the information from those headstone images.
Help us make family history research more accessible to everyone. Take the BillionGraves app with you when you go to the cemetery and contribute to the grave image database. Even if you don’t have the gadgets required to collect images for BillionGraves, you can still help build the database by transcribing the images so anyone, anywhere, can find ancestors’ graves with just a few clicks of the mouse.
It's Fun, Fast, and Easy!
1. Collect photos of the headstones in your local cemetery with our BillionGraves Camera App
2. Transcribe information from uploaded headstone photos
3. Search for headstones using our records search. Access the GPS verified headstone photos
BillionGraves App Features:
- Free to use and Free to search
- Search for cemetery records
- Search for cemeteries
- Exact GPS location of records
- Add your local cemetery (with it’s location) while you’re there
- Use the built-in map to guide you right to a headstone.
- Patent Pending Technology
- Link Multiple Headstone Photos
- Many more genealogy resources available online at www.billiongraves.com
What's New in Version 4.0.0
- Record and Cemetery searches have been completely revamped.
- You can now get driving directions.
- Nearest records auto-update every 25 meters.
- Nearest cemeteries auto-update every 500 meters.
- Photo requests have been added to the app.
- The app is now optimized for iPad use as well.
- Bug fixes.
Un able to upload photos?
App works great, until you want to upload your photos. I spent two hours taking photos, I was amazed how simple it was. I was not able to upload at the cemetery. The message kept saying unable to connect, then it would freeze and crash. Ok so I'm in the middle of a cemetery, maybe there is no signal(i doubt it) so I get out in the world, same thing. Get home same thing. I contact support, (they are nice though) they tell me to connect to a wifi connection? I am? I uninstall reinstall, I so want to use this app so I keep trying. Get out to the cemetery...I check, yup wifi signal, were good. Take about 20 photos, and figured, let me try to upload before I waste my time again. And guess what, starts to upload, freezes and crashes again. I have an Iphone 4, and I asked and it is supported. I give up, I'll try another time
This app does not work on my iPod touch!
I have a 4th generation iPod touch that has been updated to iOS 6.1.6 (most current version available for this device), and this app will not work no matter how many times I close or reinstall it. The app keeps crashing within seconds after opening it, and the problem persists every time I try to use it!! When I first downloaded BillionGraves, it went to the menu just fine. Every time after that, this app has frequently crashed! Please make an update that will solve or at least alleviate this problem so I can continue using BillionGraves on my iPod touch.
Great app, super easy to take photos and document gravestones. I like that I can upload them later to save my data plan. Linked photos are a nice feature too to get relatives on the back or side of a headstone.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 11, 2015
- Version: 4.0.0
- Size: 7.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Otter Creek Holdings, LLC
- © Otter Creek Holdings, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.