BillionGraves Camera App
By Otter Creek Holdings, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At BillionGraves we are working to provide an expansive family history database for records and images from the world’s cemeteries—but it’s not something we can do alone. We need you to help us by collecting images from your local cemeteries and transcribing the information from those headstone images.
Help us make family history research more accessible to everyone. Take the BillionGraves app with you when you go to the cemetery and contribute to the grave image database. Even if you don’t have the gadgets required to collect images for BillionGraves, you can still help build the database by transcribing the images so anyone, anywhere, can find ancestors’ graves with just a few clicks of the mouse.
It's Fun, Fast, and Easy!
1. Collect photos of the headstones in your local cemetery with our BillionGraves Camera App
2. Transcribe information from uploaded headstone photos
3. Search for headstones using our records search. Access the GPS verified headstone photos
BillionGraves App Features:
- Free to use and Free to search
- Search for cemetery records
- Search for cemeteries
- Exact GPS location of records
- Add your local cemetery (with it’s location) while you’re there
- Use the built-in map to guide you right to a headstone.
- Patent Pending Technology
- Link Multiple Headstone Photos
- Many more genealogy resources available online at www.billiongraves.com
What's New in Version 4.1.1
Must have for preserving history
I have been doing this the hard way for years with a handheld GPS and camera. We are all relying on carved stones to identify the final location resting place of our ancestors. Face it, things happen and grave sites become lost to the ages. However GPS coordinates never change, therefore if you use this app correctly you will be doing a great service to yourself and generations to come. This is exactly what I would have created had I known how to make an app.
It's okay, but needs work.
This has so much potential, but has bugs. Each time I took a photo and selected "use", it would freeze. I had to quit the app and try again. Turns out, each photo was uploaded when I though it failed. That wasted a lot of my time.
The Dashboard does not reflect what my account says on the browser. According to the app, I haven't taken any photos nor visited any cemeteries.
The app isn't quite as intuitive as I like. I really like the intent of BillionGraves, but perhaps they can't handle the growth they are experiencing.
Great but resets as soon as I go to another app
I have to search for the record again because it disappears as soon as I open another app.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 05, 2017
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Otter Creek Holdings, LLC
- © BillionGraves, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.