Employing the latest in smartphone and GPS technology, we’re scouring the earth to locate, document and honor the graves of every person who’s ever lived. With your help, this ambitious undertaking will result in the definitive, comprehensive family history database for records and images from all the world’s cemeteries. Join our quest with the BillionGraves app to shoot and share images of headstones from your own cemetery visits—anywhere and everywhere in the world. Find the headstones you’re looking for, and help us identify even more!
Using BillionGraves is SIMPLE, REWARDING, and FUN:
1. Visit a cemetery (in your hometown, on vacation, on a break from business trips)
2. Take and upload photos of all the headstones you can find
3. Tell others about your experience, and build a network of like-minded folks around the globe!
- Search the world’s largest collection of cemeteries, graves and their GPS locations for FREE
- Add a local cemetery, right where you live or wherever you visit
- Use our built-in maps to guide you to headstones anywhere in the world
- Request headstone photos anywhere in the world
- Find cemeteries near you and fulfill photo requests in seconds
- Link multiple headstone photos
- Save and share memorials with friends
- Patent-pending technology
- Many more genealogy resources available online at BillionGraves.com
- bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great App Lots of fun
I love using this app to capture headstones. I have used it in remote locations without WiFi, as well. The thing I love most about this is it tags the photo with a GPS marker allowing other users to find the stone in the cemetery rather easily. Those who complain about not being able to use their phone camera just don’t get the website very well. The app is meant to be used as a tool for the website, as it captures the GPS location of the headstone for other cemetery enthusiasts and genealogists. Play with it a bit and check out all the features.. I’ve been using this app for almost 10 years and have captured photos in cemeteries in Utah, West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Tennessee, Texas, California, Georgia, and Alabama. It’s great fun for the whole family!
Great Site but Needs to Keep Up With Technology
This is a great website and I like that they also have an app. But what’s really frustrating is the Only way you can you can add/upload any grave photos is by using a computer or taking a photo using the app. You can’t upload any photos taken with your phone’s camera Unless you’re taking the picture using the app. So I have about 30 grave photos saved on my phone without using the app but it won’t allow me to use them.
Just like more and more people no longer have a home phone more & more people no longer use an actual computer because our smartphones are our main phone and also our main or only computer.
Please, Keep up with the times and technology!!
Nice idea, but this app is very frustrating as a researcher!!! The search option never finds anyone. Seems like the only way to find anyone is if you know the cemetery already and look there, which is still very hard because if there are a lot of graves there, it’s like you have to physically know where in the cemetery it is and hope you’re able to click on it because if there are lots of graves they are numbered and grouped so close together it’s almost impossible to figure out which it is, or click on the correct one. Don’t like this app at all!!!! Nice idea, but way to hard to find anyone with.
I feel bad for all the people taking pics and documenting the grave sites because they are wasting their time. What’s the use if no one can use any of the info they are posting.
- Otter Creek Holdings, LLC
- 29.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © BillionGraves, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.