BillMinder reminds you to pay bills so you can avoid late fees, save money, and improve your credit score.
BillMinder has been on the App Store since 2008. It features an Upcoming screen to show you which bills to pay and when. BillMinder’s calendar can be filtered by category or paid status so you can focus on the bills you want to see. You can choose how to you want to be alerted about your bills, how often they are due, and much more.
• Customizable Upcoming screen
• Support for Touch ID
• Flexible, per-bill reminders
• Email backup and restore
• Categorize your bills
• Sync your data across your iOS devices using a BillMinder account
• Use offline with or without a BillMinder account
• And more!
- Fixed some issues that could cause crashes
- Fixed a bug that caused the calendar to stop responding after tapping the Month and Year to go to the current month
- Improvements around TouchID and FaceID support
- Minor UI fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I used the old version and it's phenomenal, especially with the phone & website features. The bill minder 4 is missing the website feature and other things. That's my reason for the 4 stars. How about adding a search bar, that can aid in finding a bill faster. I PREFER THE OLDER VERSION.
**I discovered that when you purchased and download "bill minder 4" and sign-in with the same email and password, the new features sync onto the old app, upgrading it as well. So all the features on the older version you enjoyed, will also remain. For example, I can now enjoy the website that the new version had missed. Now I have 2 BillMinder apps that are identical in everything. What a waste of money.
****So, actually, they could have just upgraded the older version without having to purchased the new one. So, don't delete your old BillMinder, it will also upgrade.
*****I'm wondering if I can delete bill minder 4, since I have all the upgrades on the old app? I can always retrieved it in the App Store under purchase, just in case an issue occurs.
*****Overall its the best BillMinder app so far. No other app of this nature can compare. Hope next upgrade the developer take into consideration, the needs of his customers.
Best bill reminder app period
I have used billminder since version 2, it is the best, and I'm so glad that these guys came back with version 4.
But that being said, I have a list of complaints, I hope they don't fall on deaf ears.
1. I think it was shameful to leave us high and dry for so long. You should have been more responsible to your loyal customers who love this app.
2. There is only a snail mail address for contacting you, that worries me.
3. Like another reviewer I get double bills for many of my bills, and I first downloaded version 4 it listed 34 bills from the past 3 months as over due even though those bills had been paid. It was due to the fact that many were listed twice. This problem occurs mostly when a due date changes. Every month my gas bill falls on a different day, so I'll end up with as many as 3 gas bills due. I can delete them, but I expect the app to do that.
4. The new dashboard is useless, what happened to reports.
5. And last but not least your server is lacking, and there is no sync. This is 2017, I shouldn't have to email myself a backup.
There is one bug I've come across, when selecting a bill to edit sometimes nothing happens when you click on the bill. I've always been able to click on something else and then come back to the bill I wanted to edit and it'll then work, but this needs to be fixed.
Please consider addressing the comments and I'll be happy to give 5 Stars. I really do love this app.
Sorry you're having trouble. We're looking into what's causing duplication when a small number of users log into their accounts. Can you email email@example.com from the email address associated with your account? We can help you remove the duplicates automatically.
Thank You! **Updated**
Back to Five Stars. The developer responded to my post and cleared up my issue (user error). Disregard the following paragraph (the remaining review still holds true).
I removed a star as there is one great feature from BM3 that is not available in the new version: The ability to adjust the current bill amount. In BM3 you had the option to edit the bill (for the current amount) or account (for all upcoming payments). I used that option to update the bill once I knew the amount. Since I typically get the bill two weeks in advance I could plan accordingly by adjusting the amount due for the given month. Please restore this feature.
Even though the developer left us high and dry for months, I am extremely thankful that the app was not totally abandoned.
Let’s face it, BillMinder is THE BEST bill reminder app available. Nothing else compares.
When my emails went unanswered, I was forced to find another app. I went through several alternative apps which never quite cut the mustard.
Then I saw BillMinder 4 in the store and didn’t hesitate buying it. Sure, there are some changes and improvements and I can deal with them. The core functionality is still there and that is why it is the best app.
I only hope the developer stays with us for the long haul this time.
You can edit an individual bill's amount by:
1. Tap on the bill you wish to edit (you should now see Bill Details at the top of the screen)
2. Tap the pencil icon in the top right of the screen
3. Set the new amount
4. Tap save
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.