Bing Search - apps, web, images, videos & news
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Finding things to do on your iPhone can feel like a scavenger hunt across multiple apps. The Bing search app brings together the best of search while connecting you to the apps you trust to help you ‘find’ and ‘do’ faster and easier.
• Tap it. Discover it. Do it. Tap “Near me” for restaurants, attractions, gas prices, groceries and much more. Faster and easier to find new local places to love and deals you won’t want to miss. Or go into “Deals” to browse offers, discounts, and coupons at retailers near you.
• Find it. Watch it. Book it. Discover great movies to watch, read reviews and tap to stream. Prefer to go out? Find new movies and showtimes and get tickets. Browse through restaurants, book a table and, when you are ready, get directions or a taxi right from the app.
• Scan it. Compare it. Buy it. Use the built-in barcode scanner to review products and compare prices at select major retailers (eg, Amazon, Walmart, Home Depot, Target); tap to buy it online. One quick scan can save you both time and money.
Here’s what the press says about the Bing app:
• PC Mag: (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2497239,00.asp, December 31, 2015) “Bing makes taking the next steps easier, with its app integrations. Add the bonuses of QR scanning, more-accessible privacy controls, Bing Rewards for gift cards and more, and you've got our Editors' Choice for iPhone search apps.”
• Engadget: Bing for iPhone makes it easy to jump from search straight to your apps (http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/18/microsoft-bing-for-iphone-app-integration-update/, November 18, 2015)
“the new Bing app definitely feels like a more "mobile-native" search experience. Between voice integration, the quick access to local info without having to type and the integration with your app collection, Bing for iPhone is definitely worth a look if you want a deeper search experience.”
• The Verge: Microsoft overhauls its Bing for iPhone app to take on Google (http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/18/9754310/microsoft-bing-iphone-app-update, November 18, 2015)
“The new Bing for iPhone app does a good job of providing useful results that aren’t just a list of text or Wikipedia links. For films, Bing lists their Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB ratings, and even iOS apps like Netflix or iTunes where you can buy or rent titles. It’s even clever enough to remove options for Spotify for artists like Taylor Swift that keep their latest albums off of most streaming services.”
• Cult of Mac: Bing’s redesigned iPhone app focuses on instant answers (http://www.cultofmac.com/398079/bing-iphone-redesign/,
November 18, 2015)
“When you conduct a search, it’s clear Bing tries very hard to figure out what you’re looking for and just give it to you. Displaying search results is the last resort.” “Finding what you’re looking for now takes much less time.”
*Some features are not available in all countries.
What's New in Version 6.3
New functionality in this release:
•Deals module that does two things: barcode scanning for comparison shopping, and ability to browse offers, coupons, and discounts from nearby stores and restaurants.
•For iPhone 6S/6S+ users, we added 3D touch support for Quick Actions, letting you go straight to barcode scanner or voice search from your home screen
•Gas prices: Now you’ll see gas price data for gas stations nearby so you can save on gas!
•Pins: pin your frequent and favorite bookmarks to the Today feed, so you can navigate to your favorite sites faster.
•Weather in "Today" feed
•Top dishes for select restaurants
Based on your feedback, other changes include:
•Improved bookmarks management
•Cleaned-up sharing options
•News search section
•Improved voice search
•Buttery smooth performance and responsiveness, reduced crashes, reduced memory footprint
Love the news search function
Great update. I like the news search function, every time when I was waiting a bus or drink a cup of coffee, I'd love to open Bing to see what happened in the world. The bookmark pin is also good, I do have some favorite videos want to watch them again, now I can easily find them by using bookmark pin. There is another function I love, the image search page, when I open it, I could see a lot of funny animal pictures, like sleeping cats or squirrels. Recently I'm thinking about make some change of my landscape, I used this app to search yard images, that's gave me a lot of inspiration.
Don't Trust Google!
Bing allows privacy. Google steals and then mines every scrap of information it can get its hands on. Google wants to be the first business to supplant government and rule the world. Bing plays nice, as long as you want it to. The only caveat? Sometimes I don't find what I need right away. But at least I don't have to deal with Google's contrived, cyber-manipulated results that put more money in their treasury.
Mixed feelings on update
I use Bing on the desktop too because of their rewards program and like the daily picture.
Latest update is too much change for me from what worked for me for long time.
The voice search must have been changed because it constantly misunderstands when I had no problem before and Siri understands me like before.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Feb 04, 2016
- Version: 6.3
- Size: 34.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.