Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app targets to help teachers and students to create vivid and professional biological flowcharts and diagrams in an easy way. Unlike traditional flowcharts that are fully composed of shapes, texts and arrows, this app provides more than 200 biological clip arts and images to help users to create professional diagrams and flowcharts just by few touches.
1. The app provides more than 200 professional biological clip arts and images covering Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology and Laboratory techniques areas
2. User can create new diagrams by composing existing clip arts and images
3. User can also add different types of text and text boxes
4. The app supports to create and manage more than one charts
5. All edits are saved automatically
6. User can export charts via "Open in" or copy/paste functions
7. User can also export charts via iTunes File Sharing function
8. Exported charts are JPG formats, which can be used by lots of desktop software and are also suitable for web publishing.
This app has been optimised for the retina screen iPads.
What's New in Version 1.6
Minor bugs fixed for iOS 9
Has Potential to be Great
This app has potential to be great. However, in its current version, it's mediocre.
Frankly, fun to use. Many different Objects available. Definitely a time saver vs. using other diagramming programs because the drag and drop interface is very intuitive. Grid background is a must when aligning Objects and Text.
Can't group Objects. Can't copy Objects. These are two very significant oversights that contrain creativity and make constructing diagrams extremely tedious. You have your ion channel and your plasma membrane. You even have your ligand binding to the ion channel. But you realize that you need to move it to make room for a pathway you want to add. Each Object must be moved and re-aligned individually which is painful. Also, instead of being able to copy an Object or a a set of Objects, each Object must be inserted again...even though the Object(s) you need are already in the diagram.
Again, these are almost unforgiveable oversights. Grouping could be accomplished with finger gestures and copying with either a dedicated menu or by pressing and holding on an Object.
Also, Snap To should be a standard option in order to properly align Objects. The ability to rotate Objects would add flexibility to the diagrams. Sometimes you need your pipette at 90 degrees from vertical instead of 45 degrees.
If this app had even the most basic features of an app like PowerPoint, it would be worth the money. Copy, Paste, Group, Snap To, and Rotate are all features that are necessary for object manipulation. The lack of these features is puzzling given that the app's selling point is object manipulation.
If Biocourseware added more extras like resizing objects, changing object color, remembering last object placed, expanding types of objects, then I'd readily pay $15 for this app. In it's current form, it's worth $1.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 08, 2015
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Qingqi Wang
- © TouchApp Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.