The BioCyc app provides mobile access to the BioCyc collection of 5,000+ pathway/genome databases, including MetaCyc, HumanCyc, YeastCyc, and many more. The BioCyc app includes the highly curated EcoCyc database for E. coli K-12, with content distilled from more than 28,000 publications.
Use BioCyc Mobile in the laboratory, in the classroom, at a conference, or in the library.
BioCyc Mobile can also connect to other Pathway/Genome Databases around the web that are running Pathway Tools software version 18.5 or newer.
• Browse, search, and save your favorite genes
• Gene and protein sequence information, protein feature annotations
• Regulation summary diagrams describe regulatory influences on a gene
• Metabolic pathway diagrams
• Gene Ontology terms
• Links to other popular biological databases
- general app fixes for iOS 9
Ratings and Reviews
all of the gene-specific information on ecocyc, implemented with a smooth interface - a great tool for quick gene info look-up!
Excellent reference App
Amazing how much information is at your fingertips with this App. Almost all of the same information that you can get from EcoCyc.org is accessible here. An indispensable bioinformatic tool for biologists on the go.
Great - for gene lookup only
Excellent for getting information on a per-gene basis. Details, primary refs, sequence, regulation, etc. Essentially everything you get on Ecocyc.org, nicely formatted for iPhone. One issue is that you can't search by a compound or reaction. It's a pretty minor issue, and no bugs encountered yet
- SRI International
- 4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Basque, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 SRI International
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.