By Battery Acid Games, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
====== Now A Mac App Store Staff Favorite! ========
Play with the various types of Bacteria in this Real-Time Strategy game based around them!
In a soup of bacterial life propagation is the only goal. In Biofilm players are introduced to the hidden complexities and dangers of their world. With massive cell numbers feeding on the nutrients in each level and cell types playing off the skills and weaknesses of others, strategy and foresight are key to success.
Play through the campaigns or get into quick games with practice mode. Either way, experiment and play around with the variety of cells given to you!
- Two campaigns and 15 mini-levels to sink your germs into
- Six bacteria-types to mix, match, and strategize with
- Stylish visuals
- Over six hours of campaign glory!
- Original soundtrack by Rob Westwood
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- fixed issue where preferences weren't being saved out
Tiny, yet solid.
This game is super addictive, and for that reason, it needs a few improvements:
1. I agree that the controls are far from intuitive. It does take some practice to get used to them, but like any other semi-complex game, there might not be a way around it. Also, I am unsure if it is a problem with my own system or inherent to the game, but I'm unable to use the command circle. With a left click, it disappears and all of my bacteria are unselected, and with a right click on a specific command, the bacteria simply move as if the command circle were never there. If there is a specific way to select the command, it is not made obvious from the instructions. It's pretty annoying, but doesn't make the game unplayable.
2. I also agree that the game could use more levels, larger scale battles (not literally, although some breed of Godzilla macrobacteria might be epic), and longer game time. It is addictive, as I said, and leaves me jonesing.
3. Grammar. Its - possessive. It's - contraction of "it is." Please, guys.
A Fantastic Game!
I've been playing this game for years now. I first heard about it through the indie game dev site forums and bought it immediately. Every few weeks, I crack it open and play through a few rounds; the strategy aspect is sound and there's a realtime component that you just don't find in a lot of games. The graphics are gorgeous and that soundtrack is fabulous.
At $3 you really can't go wrong buying this game, you'll be addicted immediately. I wish he'd make another one with larger scale battles and more cell types.
Great game; one suggestion.
Great basic game. Would be great to include the instructions in the app itself, so players aren't sent out to a web site.