By Howard Hughes Medical Institute
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Can you find frogs on Mount Everest? What is the climate like in the Congo Basin in February? Do you have endangered species in your own neighborhood?
BiomeViewer lets you explore and discover Earth’s ecosystems with a tap of your finger! Drop a pin to see historic climate data, wildlife, stunning pictures, and more for any terrestrial location on the planet. Discover how patterns of human settlement and agriculture have changed the planet since 1700.
• Descriptions for every major biome on each continent
• Biodiversity data for more than 16,000 species of reptiles, amphibians, and mammals
• Gridded historical climate data for the entire planet
• Global precipitation and temperature maps
• Maps of human alteration of ecosystems over the last 300 years
• Side-by-side biome comparisons
• Fully interactive globe and flat map versions of all datasets
• Gridlines and political boundaries
• Animated data sets
• Educator guide with tips for use in the classroom
What's New in Version 1.1.2
Improved performance for older devices.
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 16, 2017
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 289 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- © 2016 Howard Hughes Medical Institute
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.