By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Welcome back to Rapture. Paradise reborn.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Deep within the ruined undersea city of Rapture, your beloved Little Sister, Eleanor, awaits your return. As her Big Daddy, you protected her from a world of insanely selfish adults, now you must shield her again from those who demand that everything must be shared.
Ten years after the events of BioShock, Rapture has fallen under the control of a collectivist cult who plan to transform Eleanor into a genetically-engineered messiah, who will put an end to individuality forever. To save her, you must deploy a unique combination of shooting, role-play and stealth as you rampage through Rapture’s leaking halls to confront her captors.
Whether you choose to forgive those who threaten Eleanor or wreak vengeance upon them, remember, she is always watching and will follow your example.
• Embark on an intense journey through one of the most disturbing fictional worlds ever created in this hauntingly imaginative sequel to BioShock.
• Become the Big Daddy and unleash the raw power of Rapture’s most feared inhabitant against deadly new enemies such as Brute Splicers and the vengeful Big Sisters.
• Dual wield your abilities: fire powerful weapons with your right hand while deploying gene-altering plasmids with your left.
• Choose whether to adopt Little Sisters and protect them from splicers, or harvest them for the genetic material they carry.
• Explore the sea bed as a Big Daddy and view Rapture’s breathtaking architecture from the outside.
Important information regarding BioShock 2:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Supports over 100 different models of gamepad. For a full list check the Feral support site.
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0Ghz Intel, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 16GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 7xxx series, NVIDIA 9400.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Case-sensitive.
• You can find out more about the game on the BioShock 2 mini-site at feralinteractive.com/bioshock2
© 2002-2015 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Developed by 2K Marin, 2K Australia, 2K China and Digital Extremes. BioShock, 2K Games, 2K Marin, 2K Australia, 2K China, the 2K Games logo, the 2K Marin logo, the 2K Australia logo, the 2K China logo and Take-Two Interactive Software are all trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. Digital Extremes and its logo are trademarks of Digital Extremes. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998-2015, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved. BioShock 2 uses Havok®, Copyright 1999-2015 Havok.com, Inc. (and its Licensors). All Rights Reserved. See www.havok.com for details. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
What's New in Version 1.2
• Disables multiplayer due to GameRanger not being compatible with the latest versions of OS X.
• Adds support for Retina displays.
• Fixes stability issues experienced by some users when transitioning between areas.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
The only regret I have is that (obviously being a mac user) I can’t seem to find anywhere for mac that has the Minervera’s Den DLC. Darn. Anyways, this is an amazing game. Ties into the first game wonderfully, and the ability to have plasmids and weapons out at the same time makes everything 8x better. I may have cried at the end of this game. A lot.
I’ve played this game more than 5 times through and at this point kind of wish there was an extra hard mode, but what can you do. I don’t regret a single penny I spent on this.
(Another regret is that you can’t smack a capitalist with a wrench. Go to bioshock (1) for that.)
Can’t give reviews for the multiplayer, never played that.
I’ve been playing this game for weeks and yesterday it had a new patch. now multiplayer is disabled and my xbox controller isn’t working correctly anymore. What a joke! Thanks for breaking my game with your latest patch.
Didn’t like the same stereotype Gun facing screen and you shoot on mouse click. You would have something like this a million times before.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 06, 2015
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 6.68 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 2002-2015 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Developed for and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9.5 or later