By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
BioShock – one of the greatest games of all time is now on the Mac!
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
Welcome to Rapture. A city where opportunity awaits those brave enough to grasp it. A city where the artist need not fear the censor. Where the scientist is not bound by petty morality. Where the great are not held back by the weak.
Set in an alternate 1960, BioShock places you in the middle of an underwater utopia gone badly wrong. With a provocative and intelligent storyline, this is a game that is alternately beautiful, thrilling, funny, frightening and always involving. An experience that makes you think while you play.
• Award-winning – BioShock has won numerous game of the year awards and features in Metacritic’s top 10 highest rated games of all time.
• Genre blender – Combines a clever mix of genres: First-person shooter with elements of role-playing and stealth.
• Superb visual style – An art deco world with advanced visual effects combine to create a creepy, immersive environment in which players can lose themselves.
• Sophisticated concept and story line – BioShock incorporates ideas about science and politics, raising profound questions about human nature, the role of government in society, and the morality of harming individuals for the greater good.
• Replayability – No two gamers will play BioShock the same way. Players are encouraged to explore all the nooks and crannies of Rapture.
• Exquisite sound design – Outstanding voice acting helps drive the narrative. Music from the 1940s and 1950s echoes through Rapture’s abandoned hallways.
Important information regarding BioShock:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• BioShock does not support Intel GMA series graphics cards.
• In order to run the game with satisfactory performance, your Mac must meet these minimum system requirements: 1.4GHz CPU / 1.5GB RAM / 8GB Free Space / 128MB Graphics Card (not Intel GMA).
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• Full system requirements are available on the BioShock mini-site at feralinteractive.com/bioshock.
© 2002-2009 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Developed by 2K Boston and 2K Australia. BioShock, 2K Games, the 2K logo, 2K Boston, the 2K Boston logo, 2K Australia, the 2K Australia logo and Take-Two Interactive Software are all trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in the USA and/or foreign countries. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. Unreal® is a registered trademark of Epic Games, Inc. Unreal® Engine, Copyright 1998-2009, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved. Havok.com™ Middle-ware Physics System ©1999-2009 Telekinesys Research, Ltd. All rights reserved. See www.havok.com for more details. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
• Improves stability.
• Adds support for additional game controllers.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Violent but thoughtful
I enjoyed this game mosty for its sense of humor, which might be an odd thing to say given the violence and innumerable deaths on the way to its completion. You might need to have read a few books by Ayn Rand to get the joke, but the story is a compelling one, rich in details, and original in scope. For me the downside was that the intellectual challenge is not great -- no tough puzzles to solve, really -- just lots of freaks to kill, to the point of tedium. The spider splicer is a good challenge once or twice, but when you find youself facing the 100th it's ho-hum. The controls mostly work on the keyboard but the final boss sequence, the escort sequence, and one other sequence have such rapidly shifting cameras that it's hard to find your way. It's probably easier for people used to first person shooters (not my favorite format, but I liked the premise of this game so I bought it), but I would have preferred a game with a bit more emphasis on tough puzzles and less on simply spraying everything with bullets. I also feel this would have aligned better with the game's literary sensibilities and rich story.
This game is something else. I did not enjoy the game as much as i would’ve like because i rushed through the game. The game has a nice linear story, and a nice twist at the end, assuming you didn’t spoil the story for your self. The game has alot to offer from the different plasmid abilities (“Super powers”) to the guns in the game. The game really enforces the concept of conserving ammo. There is also an emphasis on your decision making through out the game, where the player can get different endings for the game, depending on the choices you make. There are a lot of dairies hidden around that are worth the time to find because they add to the story. Overall, its a great game and would definetly recommend it if you have the time and money to spend on it. Bit of advice, it would be easier to play with a mouse or a controller, i wouldnt recommend using the mouse pad because its very tough, thats what i used and take my advice: use a mouse.
Worth every penny
Before I got this game I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I've never played a Bioshock game before (until I purchased it on here obviously), but after hearing many positive reviews and the reviews that are already on this page I decided to take a risk and buy it. I remember thinking that $20 is a little pricy compared to what I usually get on here, but after playing the first 10 minutes of this game I was hooked. The gameplay, the soundtrack, the environments and the atmosphere of the game is just incredible (there is sometimes lag when the graphics are too high but the game never freezed at all). If you're only just thinking about buying this game then take my advice: get it. This game is easily one of the best games that I have ever played.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 19, 2012
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 7.25 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- © 2002-2009 Take-Two Interactive Software and its subsidiaries. Developed by 2K Boston and 2K Australia. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.4 or later