Bipolar Disorder Connect
By Alliance Health Networks, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get connected with a large growing community of people living with bipolar disorder. With Bipolar Disorder Connect mobile, you can follow discussions while on the go, ask your questions and add comments to interesting posts. It's the place to discuss treatments, start conversations, and learn from others. Bipolar Disorder Connect empowers people living with bipolar disorder through sharing experiences and creating a community of support.
Download Bipolar Disorder Connect mobile today!
· Interact with a vibrant community of people just like you
· Find answers and support from others in community discussions
· Ask questions, start discussions, and comment on what others say
· Make friends or follow interesting users with the "Connect" button
· Message your friends to keep in touch
· Mood tracking: Tell others how you’re doing by posting status updates from the Activity tab
· Follow an interesting discussion: just press the star button
· Activity feeds help you keep track of discussions and replies and see what the community is up to
· Quickly find the information you need using categories and sorting
And this is just the beginning! Watch for even more great features to help keep you connected with the community.
What's New in Version 3.4.0
Support for iPhone 5 and iOS 6
Bug fixes and performance enhancements to make your experience better
Good for people with bipolar disorder
I don't really care for this app as someone who doesn't have the disorder but cares for someone who does because I don't feel like I was truly involved in the community from the beginning other than one person being very nice to me. I do think it is a community that is good for people with bipolar disorder though. My biggest concern is that people focus WAY too much on their disorders and less of real life! Yes we have to pay attention to any and all symptoms but I think communities like this encourage a little too much talk on bipolar. Really need to get off the app and get to living while you can!!!! People tend to be weary of others that don't go through the same things as them I understand. I really did not like the way the app was built mainly. One or two comments I posted didn't even go through, and it's kind of hard to keep up with any notifications. What really irritated me was not being able to complete my profile without putting all of my personal information on it and even when I did put some it would not save. Needs a lot of work that somebody is not getting done over the years apparently!
Community is great, but app crashes too much
PROS: The community is a blessing.
- The community is absolutely an amazing, wonderful group - and that description's an understatement! This is an excellent place for meeting and connecting with other bipolars, and sharing experiences you are unable to express in the "muggle" world.
- It's a living, breathing community that is active 24/7.
- Members truly become an online family that are passionate to support each other. Both bipolar and non-bipolar members.
I'd give this community alone 6 stars if I could!
CONS: Too many issues with the App
- the app constantly "fails to load"; many times it's impossible to get onto the forum, and that's where the 2 stars come from.
- messages written seem to disappear after hitting the post or reply button, only to find it being posted later on 10 times.
- private messaging: needs to be an instant messaging like kik, instead of getting notices "X sent you a message" with each chat back and forth.
- Threads need to have a refresh button on the bottom screen like in the private messaging, instead of having to scroll back up and pull down to refresh each time someone replied to you.
- needs to support sharing photos
- in massive need of a few categories, such as for adult-related issues that get severely affected by the disorder/meds, and also an off-topic category.
The sad fact about bipolar disorder (BP) is that unless a person also has the disorder- they will never understand you.
Your family and friends will love you and try their best to support you, but they simply are not capable of understanding all the intense, extreme, unpredictable and dangerous moods that you experience.
The people here are all struggling with the exact problems you are. They've become more than a support group- we're like a family.
* have general questions about bipolar
* know somebody with BP
* need advice about talking to your friends and family about your diagnosis
* need help with handling your symptoms
* want some advice on medication (strictly based on our experience- don't use it as a substitute for professional help)
* need to vent your frustrations
* are scared and feeling like you want to give up
Then this App is just for you.
There is always someone there to read your post, listen to your problems and offer help in anyway that you need.
Bipolar is a very scary disorder- you don't need to struggle through life with nobody to help you.
We take care of our own.
Come join us :D
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 12, 2012
- Version: 3.4.0
- Size: 6.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alliance Health Networks, Inc
- © 2011 Alliance Health Networks
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.