Bird gives you access to shared personal electric vehicles (scooters) that can be picked up and dropped off anywhere. Use Bird for your work commute, across college campuses, with friends, or simply just to spread your wings and get some fresh air!
How it works:
* Download the Bird App
* Create your Account
* Find and scan a Bird
* Ride safely to your destination
* Lock your bird and End Ride
Bird is currently available in:
* Los Angeles (Santa Monica, Venice, Westwood, UCLA)
* San Diego (Pacific Beach, Downtown)
* Washington DC, Arlington
* Bay Area (Oakland, San Jose)
* Texas (Austin, San Antonio, Dallas)
* Arizona (Scottsdale, Tempe)
* Salt Lake City
* Minneapolis, St. Paul
* Kansas City
* Providence, RI
* Cambridge / Somerville
If you would like to see Bird in your area, please send a note to email@example.com.
For more information, visit https://www.bird.co
Bug fixes and support for more Birds.
Ratings and Reviews
A critique from a charger.
I honestly love the birds as a rider it’s a great sleek app that gets the job done efficiently and quickly. However, as a charger I found a couple issues I’d like to address.
1. Chargers need to be given more chargers or need to be able to access additional chargers quickly because I just hate seeing the missed green marks on my map at the end of the night. Maybe more birds will get charged, less will go missing, and there will be a better report of the amount of damages birds as an effect.
2. Get rid of red and yellow charging bubbles. These seem to me to be fool’s gold and they encourage “ransoming” birds in private property. Even if one is to happen upon a unicorn bird aka $10 or higher the price is immediately cut when alarmed or proven that it’s secretly being held hostage for more money.
Don’t get me wrong charging birds is freaking great; it’s an actual fun job and I love how simple it is—these problems being solved would just make the whole operation a lot smoother I think. I would definitely recommend it as a part-time / summer job.
I like the nest placements because they’re everywhere and that the scooters are unlock-able after capture as it makes for much easier transportation.
Update charger experience seriously needed
This is a review from a chargers perspective. If your downloading this app to become a charger you may want to hold off for the next few updates. Being a charger seems great until you find out how confusing and frustrating it is. You guys at bird need to hire more user experience IT guys because the app is seriously lacking on the charger side. You guys need to clear all of the red scooters off of the map. Its a terrible idea and makes things more confusing for the chargers. If you guys need help locating lost or damaged scooters you should hire a more dedicated team to do so. All these red scooters are cluttering the map! Most them should at least should drop off from the map after a few days of not being found. The same goes for the yellow scooters. You guys should aim to make charging as simple as possible! It shouldn’t be a scavenger hunt to find a scooter you want to charge. You guys are seriously wasting peoples time and gas by having these miscellaneous birds that are not even at the location. If someones says the bird is not there it needs to be removed from the map (period). Or hire a dedicated person to go around and check if the birds are really even there. Something seriously need to change if you want to see a better turn out for charging these scooter. Others wise you have people out here wasting precious time.
Disappointed Charger - Lack of Support
I really love BIRD’s viewpoint of getting cars off the road However, from a business stand point - and my personal experience as a BIRD Charger - I honestly believe it would benefit BIRD to invest in stronger and more timely tech support ( it could take up to 24 hours to get a reply) - rather than investing in expansion to other cities, states and countries. I feel like it is a House of Cards and I would hate to see such a great idea crumble...
My first several weeks as a Charger were great. Even though I only had 3 charger cables, with the proper planning and the will to hustle, on a good day I was able to charge 14-18 scooters. Around the beginning of August - my BIRD app would no longer allow me to “capture” birds. The app would vibrate when I scanned an AVAILABLE bird - but the scanned bird would not show up in my ACTIVITY TASKS. On numerous occasions, I reached out for tech support. They suggested I update the app, delete my app, change my email address, etc. None of these simple suggestions worked. After 3 weeks, and hours and hours of trying to get the app back to working mode - I’m still unable to “capture”. Apparently no one is trained or qualified to help beyond the obvious. So, quickly the Bird App went from a viable form of income to a complete waste of time. So disappointing...
- Bird Rides, Inc.
- 139.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Bird Rides, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.