Your perfect birding & birdwatching companion is here.
• Find birds spotted nearby, wherever you are in the world
• Enter sightings, and share them with the community (with photos and field notes)
• Set your backyard location and track birds you see at home
• Identify birds with descriptions, maps, pictures and songs
• Collect awards and build your birder reputation with quizzes
The app uses your location (GPS) to show your birds spotted nearby. You can filter the observations per species, date and distance. There are over 1200 bird species to discover at anytime around the world. Thanks to Flickr, Wikipedia, eBird and Xeno-Canto, we also provide descriptions, crisp pictures, maps and bird songs to help you identify the birds your see.
Recording and posting sightings can done right on the spot, with a simple tap. No need to go through the long and tedious process of submitting exhaustive information, it literally takes two seconds with the GPS and current date on your phone. Sightings are saved on your phone and are shared with the community.
If you love our app, please rate it on the App Store and share it with other birders!
- New help section for identifying birds
- Some bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Over all good but have a few requests.
I like the app and I love having a birding diary to keep track of all my sightings. The database seems thorough and I haven’t not found a bird I was looking for yet.
A few requests: When looking at another users sightings the map feature is less than useful. Being able to see the topography via a satellite map display would be helpful when trying to see where rarer birds have been sighted. Also the ability to zoom in and out on the map would help. If someone spots a bird in the woods no where close to a road the map is literally blank.
Viewing other sightings on the feed page is great but it would be awesome to comment on certain pictures and follow other users.
Make these adjustments and my rating will certainly go up!
Why no iPad version?
I like this on my iPhone so I just tried to download it on my iPad but alas, no iPad version. Too bad, would love to use it on a large screen. Any chance that is coming?
Fun app. Really helps identify birds.
I enjoy seeing other sightings and taking/submitting photos too.
- Michael Eilers Smith
- 77.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Sobremesa
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Sightings $5.99
- Yard List $2.99
- All-In-One $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.