BirdsEye Bird Finding Guide - Global Birding Tool
By Birds In The Hand, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BirdsEye is a unique and powerful tool that helps you discover the birds around you and find the birds you want to see. See more birds with BirdsEye!
BirdsEye is the perfect tool for birders of any level, naturalists and educators. The free version of BirdsEye also includes stunning and detailed photographs from many top birders, bird photographers and guides.
"Best invention for birding since binoculars"... Kenn Kaufman, author of the famed Kaufman Field Guides to Birds of North America
"A landmark in birding"… John Fitzpatrick, Director, Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology
BirdsEye is great for beginning and intermediate birders as a free download. Explore the 100 most common birds near you (or for any spot on earth), and learn about the birds you are most likely to see in your yard or the local park.
When you are ready to see more, paid subscriptions give you access to every countable species in your region or worldwide.
INSTANT BIRD LISTS
• See customized lists of birds reported recently near you, at birding hotspots, or any random point on earth!
• Sea seasonal abundance for each bird for that location
• View recent eBird sightings and get driving directions to each one
INCREASE YOUR LIFE LIST
• See a list of “needs” - species recently reported nearby that aren't on your selected life or year list
• Reports of rare and notable birds in your area and across the ABA region
• Automatically sync your life or year lists with eBird for the ABA area, world, country, state or even county!
• Find additional content in the Bird Guide Store for other continents, including sounds, images and bird-finding tips from local experts.
• Set Favorite Locations for your destinations to scope out recent sightings
• Get driving directions right to any hotspot or sighting
• Support for bird names in several languages
We have partnered with Birdsounds.nl, the premier online store selling bird sounds packages for many regions around the world. Access these extensive collections of bird songs from right inside of BirdsEye.
Currently available sound packages include:
Bird Sounds of Costa Rica, Brazil, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Mexico, Northern Siberia, Sri Lanka, Australia, Peru, Colombia, Belgium and Holland, and Malaysia!
Most BirdsEye functionality is available to all of our users. Certain premium features require a regional or world membership to unlock their full potential. Premium features include:
• More checklists for species on the Rare Bird Alert
• Rare Bird Alert - see the latest reported ABA rarities and eBird checklist
• Search for Notables up to 250 miles from current location
• Unlimited Favorite Locations
• View Bird List for any month of the year
• Downloading content for offline use
A NOTE ON MEMBERSHIPS: In addition to regional memberships, we offer a World membership that gives you access to all of the birds on earth and several other features. Your membership helps pay for our ongoing efforts to create the most innovative and powerful birding apps in the world. We do not and have never earned a profit on the sale of this app, but do it to support the birding community. Memberships, donations and the contributions of photos help us keep making BirdsEye better.
To get your membership, just launch BirdsEye and go to the Store. You'll see a membership option. The first monthly payment will be charged to your iTunes Account when you confirm your purchase.
Your BIRDSEYE memberships and subscriptions renew each month and your iTunes account will be charged automatically. You can turn off auto-renew at any point from your iTunes account settings. See birdseyebirding.com/privacy for more information.
We are committed to supporting the birding community and bird conservation through the eBird project. Our goal is to encourage participation through BirdsEye.
What's New in Version 2.4.1
Good news, we've fixed some bugs just in time for your holiday birding!
Thanks for all the great reviews and support this year, we have a lot of exciting things planned for 2016 and hope you'll keep giving us feedback about how we can make BirdsEye the best bird finding app in the world!
# The Details for the 2.4.1 update
• Christmas Bird Count pins now default to showing sightings just within the 7.5 mile radius circle of the count.
• Smart Search reliability tweaks
If you feel generous or have a couple of minutes, please take some time to leave a rating and review on the App Store. It makes a huge difference to us. Thank you so very much.
We love hearing from you! Get in touch with us at email@example.com, @birdseyebirding on Twitter, and facebook.com/birdseye.nature.apps.
Basic download is a great resource.
The initial download of this app is great. Easy to navigate and had a few filters to change the search period. The species in the app can be mapped to determine what is around you and how long ago. The information is compiled from the Ebird app. Frequency of the a species presence is depicted as a dot on a map, the more the dots in a small area, the more likely the species can be said with certainty to be found there.
The drawback - the species listed are somewhat basic. Starting out in nursing? This app will be very helpful to you to start you LifeList and get interested in birding. If you want to add more species to your existing app download, it's gonna cost you. Every month too. A single charge for an expansion of species is fine with me, but 3 or 4 dollars every month? No thanks.
I suggest downloading this app as it is very helpful. Hopefully the expansion charge is something the developers change.
I use this app constantly. It's great to be able to look nearby, or at a specific hotspot, to see what species have been spotted by others. I generally set my app to pull species seen in the last two weeks, near where I am. In the field, I live being able to take a quick look at the pictures of males, females, juvies, regular and alternate plumage, etc, etc. As a new birder, this is a big help. I can easily rotate between Birds Eye and Ebird to prepare my sighting reports right in the field. Then I can look up any species I couldn't ID, at home, in one or more field guides. My routine will probably change as I gain experience, but I'm happy with it now, and it definitely depends on Birds Eye.
BirdsEye works fantastically!
Newest successful experience with this profoundly useful and elegant app: I was attending a meeting at the Jackson Lake Lodge in Jackson Hole, Wyoming (someone had to go!). As I always do on such trips, I looked to see if there were any nearby opportunities to see new birds. I hadn't been to Wyoming for decades, so there were several, and at one site only 29 minutes away by car someone had reported a Great Grey Owl to eBird just 5 days before. After the meetings were over I went to the location, Upper Turpin Meadows, and while I didn't find an owl my first visit, in the afternoon, I did find one the next morning. Life Bird. Thank you BirdsEye!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 20, 2015
- Version: 2.4.1
- Size: 22.1 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Birds in the Hand, LLC
- © Birds in the Hand, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- World Membership$4.99
- US and Canada Membership$2.99
- US and Canada Membership$29.99
- BirdsEye Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean$1.99
- Europe and the Western Palearctic$1.99
- World Membership$39.99
- South America Membership$1.99
- World Supporting Membership$9.99
- BirdsEye Africa Membeship$1.99
- Asia Membership$1.99