BIT QUAKE features:
- Tight 2D platformer physics!
- Tons of weapons and upgrades to unlock!
- Random level pool!
- Interactive soundtrack that gets crazier as your bonus multiplier increases!
- Boss fights!
- Innovative control scheme that feels old-school, yet perfectly touchscreen friendly and suitable with two thumbs play!
- Insanely addictive SURVIVAL mode!
- Various color palettes that change the look of the game completely!
- Designed for portrait orientation to provide the warm "feel" of a retro handheld console!
- Haptic feedback! Enjoy high resolution vibrations on iPhone 7 and up!
- Eye melting 120/60fps graphics!
- MFi Controller Support!
Each robot you destroy doubles your Bonus Multiplier. Destroy another one in 2 seconds and double it again. Picking up new weapons and items also increase your multiplier. Up... To... 128... Times...
- MFi Controller Support: Controller layout for both wireless and wired (holding sideways) controllers!
- Low Power Mode: Added an option to Lock FPS to 30 to preserve battery life. The FPS lock is off by default now, so it's 120fps on devices supporting Pro Motion (iPhone XS and iPad Pro) and 60fps on others.
- Cloud Save Functionality: Now you can sync your progress across multiple devices!
- Camera System Revised: Now you can see the whole level on iPad and iPhone X/XS devices.
- New Upgrade: Jet Boots. Increases jump height. Jet flames damage enemies.
- Changed Upgrade: Hysteria. Now increases Rate of Fire and Reload Speed when your health is below 50%.
- Changed Upgrade: 4 Leaf Clover. Ignore Damage change +15%. Mini-timewarp when damage is ignored.
- Minor buff to all enemies' damage to compensate for some OP upgrade synergies/combinations.
- Increased contact and explosion damage for Gravitor, Flak Cannon and Swarmer.
- New fancy Game Over Screen with more stats and a list of the upgrades you chose during your run. Screenshot friendly for bragging rights!
- Physics fixes: Crates collision problems fixed.
- Graphics fixes: Fixed occasional rendering problem on grenades.
- Audio fixes: Better audio mix. Fixed occasional latency on some sound effects.
Ratings and Reviews
Great addictive retro shooter!
A solid must-buy!
Bit Quake is an action-platformer-shooter rogue-lite that stands heads-over-heels above the competition on mobile. While I was critical of the game's initial release, the developer has greatly improved the game with the 2.0 update while addressing all my complaints, and even going beyond in some cases!
First off, the perk pool has been improved. Though only a couple of items were added, they have more significant effects beyond most of the stat boosts found in the perk pool previously. However, the new weapons alongside the new perks definitely encouraged me to branch out more in terms of what I selected compared to the update prior. Oh, man, the new weapons are great! If it isn't a new devastating weapon, than it's a fantastic rework of one of the original ones. Every weapon now feels viable, unlike before where the machine gun was the only real optimal choice. On top of all that, they all have a fantastic punch to them that is complimented nicely by the robot-voice announcing your pickup.As for other improvements, there seems to be a couple new enemy-types, though I haven't played for a while so I might be wrong. There aren't any spike-pit death rooms I've spawned in or falling through the floor to my death, so that's nice. :P
Really, my only gripes are some minor flaws. The lock-on doesn't feel as reliable as it used to. I've had situations where the auto-aim would have me firing at an enemy through a wall. You also seem to get perks a little too quickly in survival. I've frequently had situations where I would have three level-ups within the span of seconds. There is a possibility this is intentional and maybe you just select three perks now per level-up instead of just one, but it would be nice to make it less jarring for newcomers by having them select three perks in a row instead of kicking them back into gameplay for only a half a second before another perk selection. There's also the matter of how in the menu, the machine gun is still called the shotgun for me. :P
In short, BUY THIS GAME. It's only two dollars (in my currency at least), and boasts some of the most solid action on mobile!
Developer Response ,
Hey! Thanks for the detailed feedback. We already have a generous amount of “untested” content (weapons, perks and levels) and fixes for the occasional physics bugs. Right now, we’re about the release a larger scope project with an ongoing development time of 3+ years and that puts a lot of weight on our shoulders (we are only a team of two). But it’s safe to say that BIT QUAKE will eventually have some love because honestly, we loved working on it!
P.S: The perks are like that by design. :/ The fun part is to try super “unbalanced” setups. Play Survival and try to choose perks that buff one specific stat, ignoring the negative side effects. That way, things get really crazy sometimes! :)
- Burc Tuncer
- 162.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Burc Tuncer
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.