Bit Timer - Interval Timer for HIIT, Tabata, Crossfit, Running and Circuit Training
By Peiter Buick
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Bit Timer promises to be the 'World’s Simplest Interval Timer Ever.' It is." - Fast Company Design.
“Some of the best apps are those that do one simple thing well, and Bit Timer for iOS looks like it will provide that for workouts.” - The Verge.
“Its clean user interfaces makes organizing interval workout sessions a breeze.” - Gear Patrol.
This app is designed for the no-frills, hard-core HIIT workout. This is the first interval timer you’ll see with a set-up that is this fast and easy. Your workout should be intense, not your workout set up.
---- Super Simple Set up. ----
Get to your workout in no time with a clean, simple, no-frills design.
---- Distinct tones that guide you through your workout. ----
Clear, easy-to-distinguish tones for each portion of your workout.
---- Works in the background.----
Lock your phone, navigate to other apps and stay up-to-date via notifications.
- Press and Drag to quickly set Work, Rest, and Repeat.
- Work Periods: 5 seconds to 4 minutes. (in 5 second increments)
- Rest Periods: 0 seconds to 4 minutes. (in 5 second increments)
- 20 Repeats with background processing. Up to 40 if background processing is off.
- Integrates with notification center allowing you to lock the phone or navigate to other apps while the timer runs and still be notified when the intervals change.
- 10 second countdown allows you to get into place before your workout starts.
- Three distinct sounds to designate where you are in your workout.
- Countdown tone gives warning before Work starts.
- Pause your workout at any time and restart right where you left off.
- Reset your workout at at time if you were interrupted and want to start from the beginning.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Bug fixes
Simple, Elegant and Indespensible
I wish all apps could be this simple, intuitive and well designed. Gives you everything you need for a warm up to an intense workout. Interval training or Tabata is such a great exercise tool as you can do it just about anywhere at anytime. I love this App!
Just wish it went higher than 20 rounds.
Simple, easy to use timer
It's a simple easy to use timer, but with limited functionality. It's quick to set up and works very well for interval style workouts (e.g., tabata, EDT, etc.), but if you're looking for more functionality, I'd look elsewhere.