By Tinyview, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Bitcovery is a social music player for iTunes. It is not only a better alternative to the default Music app, it allows you to connect with friends and see their recently played songs in your friend feed.
BETTER MUSIC PLAYER
- Add songs to the queue while another song is playing. Perfect way to let friends queue up songs in a car or a party!
- Quickly access most recently played songs, albums, and playlists.
- Lightning fast search. Just start typing a name and we bet you will find the music you are looking for in a few keystrokes.
SOCIAL MUSIC PLAYER
- Connect with a select few friends, and voila, their recently played songs magically appear in your friend feed!
- Discover new songs, preview, and buy from iTunes without leaving the app.
- Discuss music with your friends by commenting on songs in your friend feed.
PRESS AND AWARDS
- [TechCrunch] Bitcovery Brings A Desperately Needed Social Discovery Layer To The iTunes Store
- TechCrunch Disrupt Battlefield at San Francisco in September 2013
What's New in Version 3.0
While we are still about discovery of digital content, we are focusing only on music now. Also, instead of experts, we are focusing on "social" discovery of music by letting you connect with friends and seeing their songs in your friend feed. We have put in a lot of effort in this major update. Let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Maybe it's me but...
I tried this app after hearing of it from comments made in a review of best alternatives to Apple's 'Music' app (which is close to deplorable). I noticed three things that need immediate attention and they all have to do with time: 1) The track scrub delay is way too long. 2) In the queue upon the end of a song, it takes 5 to 6 seconds for the next track to display in the 'now playing'; 3) and when the next song begins to play after a half to one second, it jumps back to the beginning and plays again. Needs to be fixed and ought to have been the priority to begin with.
bait and switch
I downloaded this app based on the assumption that if I purchased music through this app I could earn 10% back and use that towards future purchases. As soon as I started earning bits they decided to do away with that system without so much as a warning to current customers. I actually bought music that I wouldn't have bought otherwise because i could earn points to a future purchase. This app was a huge scam and I don't recommend anyone using this.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 18, 2014
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tinyview, Inc.
- Copyright © 2012-14 by Tinyview, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.