BitGym - Cardio video tours
By Active Theory Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
No heart rate sensor or special hardware required. Use any cardio machine! As seen on Wired, Engadget, Stephen Fry's Gadget Man and more - BitGym upgrades your cardio machine with stunning interactive trails from around the world. Each tour can be streamed instantly or downloaded locally for use at the gym.
Note: Please make sure to allow camera access to the app once it asks!
- Try certain tours free as long as you wish or upgrade to Premium for the full experience.
- Workout with world class trainers or at your own pace.
- No hardware required - BitGym tracks your exercise speed by using the front-facing camera on your device.
- Works on any bike, elliptical, stepper, erg or treadmill - just place your iPhone or iPad down so you're in view and start exercising.
- Our library of 100+ tours is available via streaming or local download.
- View the tours to your TV using an Apple TV or a HDMI cable.
- Track all your workouts and calories burned using the new Health App! (iOS 8+ / iPhone only) as well as Runkeeper, Strava and UnderArmour Connect (aka MapMyFitness)
- Connected your Bluetooth Smart (LE/4.0) heart rate monitor for heart rate monitoring and increased accuracy in calorie counting.
- Circle the globe with the all new "Circuits" feature which organizes tours by geography and type.
“I used to hate indoor exercise on any machine. With BitGym, the beautiful scenery draws me in, and before I know it my 30 minutes is up. Now I can't wait to exercise to see where BitGym is going to take me! I have lost weight, my health has improved greatly, and I am strong again! Thanks BitGym!” "
-Rebecca, North Dakota
“What a fabulous invention you have. I LOVE it! Scenery is beautiful, and I love how the speed adjusts to my pace. A+++++. Thank you - I am walking much longer and happier with this app.”
“I only used the gym in my apartment twice before BitGym, now I find myself using it twice a week with the aid of the gorgeous BitGym trails. The longest I could stay in the gym before was half an hour, but with the multitude of different interesting trails to choose from I've been able to increase my average workout to 1-2 hours! I love that I can be at the gym longer and more often now I have BitGym motivating me.”
If you like walking on your treadmill we suggest selecting on of our Trail locations which are scenic paths filmed at a slower pace for walkers and joggers. If you run or jog on their treadmill we suggest loading one of our Mixed tours which combine urban landscapes and beautiful trails filmed at a moderate pace. Those with an elliptical, stepper or glider cardio machine should try both Trail and Mixed locations. Those with a spin bike, recumbent bike, upright bike, indoor cycle or bike mounted on a trainer tend to prefer or Road tours although the Mixed tours are popular as well. Finally those on ergs or rowing machines should try each type and see what they prefer.
BitGym is billed as a monthly subscription.
- The subscription costs 7.99 USD a month in the US. For other regions please consult the price shown inside of the app.
- The subscription will be billed directly to your iTunes Account at the confirmation of purchase.
- The subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
What's New in Version 2.2.1
Note: this is an important update - please ensure you download it or the app may not function correctly after January 28th, 2017. This is due to our server hosting provider shutting down and forcing us to move our server to another address. Thank you for understanding!
2.2.1 - Fixed a crash on start which could occur when there were multiple concurrent downloads processing. Also fixed a RunKeeper share timestamp issue.
2.2.0 - Small fixes and new server backend
Love this app! Already increased my time and distance while enjoying being "outdoors".
I like this because I'm a mother of two young children but I love to run outside. That being said, I cannot leave them alone to go running but it's the next best thing if using a treadmill. The scenic views make it most enjoyable and not so boring. 4 stars because it's a little glitchy but still very usable and nice😊
Love the app. It provides a good and varied workout. The only issue I have is the inconsistency with the heart rate monitor. If its connected it sometimes drops. When its trying to reconnect the app won't do this automatically so I lose the HR completely which is terrible.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jan 19, 2017
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 112 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Active Theory Inc
- © Active Theory Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases