Shelfie by BitLit
By BitLit Media Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As FEATURED ON LIFEHACKER and TECHCRUNCH!
Get free ebooks. Explore real bookshelves. Connect with people. Discover new books and ebooks.
Digitize your bookshelf library with Shelfie.
- Take a Shelfie and the app will tell you which books from your profile are eligible for free or deeply discounted ebooks.
- We will give you a complete digital catalogue of your personal library.
- Now with Goodreads integration. Login with Goodreads, sync your books and see which are eligible for ebooks.
Explore bookshelves to discover your next read.
- Shelfie turns your phone into a book discovery adventure.
- Explore pictures of real shelves (shelfies) from personal libraries around the world.
- Explore the Shelfie feed and discover new books on other readers’ shelves.
Connect with readers.
- Search for your favourite authors, celebrities and books
- Follow other users, like their shelfies and discover new books to read
- Rate books you've read
Share your books.
- Take your shelfie (a picture of your bookshelf) to share with the community.
- Create a public profile and share what you love.
How to get free and discounted ebooks.
- If you own the book in print, now you can get the ebook editions.
1. Take a picture of your bookshelf (Shelfie) to see what books are eligible.
2. Take a photo of the front cover of your paper book.
3. Take a photo of the copyright page with your name handwritten on it.
4. Check the ebooks tab in the app. Download and start reading!
- Shelfie is free to use. We offer both free and discounted ebooks.
- There are over 100,000 eligible books on the app — and we’re adding more.
- Some ebooks are DRM-protected, most are DRM-free. Email email@example.com if you need help getting an Adobe DRM'd ebook to load onto your eReader.
And since people often have trouble spelling BitLit and Shelfie, here’s a few alternatives: Bit-Lit, Bit Lit and Shelfy.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
We've got plenty of new features, all of which are a direct response to what you've told us!
• Recommendations! We've seen over 100,000 shelfies so we're starting to get a good idea of which books are found on shelves together... so we figured why keep it a secret. If you go to a book's detail view and scroll to the bottom you'll now discover a list of books that are commonly seen on shelves with the book you're looking at. Let us know if you think "found on shelves with" is better than "people who bought this also bought..."
• Wishlists! You already have a list of the books you own, but what about the books you wish you had? Now, you can add books to your Wishlist from any Book Detail view! The list is easily accessible from your Profile, so you don't have to keep a grocery list of the books you want to buy pinned to a wall!
• Similarly, if you own a book, add it to your Profile without using the camera! There's a handy dandy "Owned" button on all Book Detail views now, so you can increase your rate of cataloging books. Let us know if you think there's a better word than "owned" (we struggled thought of using "read", but when people real the text they might read it as read -- English is a horrible language).
• Privacy Controls! If you're not in it for the social (but you dig cataloging your books), you can become invisible to other users by settings your account to private in the in-app settings.
We've also decimated a slew of bugs, and stabilized a city of cyber structures, just to see that smile on your face.
As always, if you have any questions or feedback we would love to hear from you. Get in touch on twitter @getshelfie or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're enjoying Shelfie, please consider giving us a rating and sharing with your friends!
This app is absolutely useless and terrible - essentially false advertising.
Out of about 500 books that I tried scanning into the app to find eligible e-books…a total of 2 were in their library. One of them was the Great Gatsby - which was discounted a dollar. The other was a book on acting…discounted zero.
This is on the latest version - and while the company claims to be working on adding more books to their library, it’s clear that publishers are just not on board for this concept. Does not work. Terrible waste of time. Highly recommended passing on this.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 25, 2015
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 48.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BitLit Media Inc.
- © 2015 BitLit Media Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro, iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bundled eBook $2.99 USD$2.99
- Bundled eBook $1.99 USD$1.99
- Bundled eBook $4.99 USD$4.99
- Bundled eBook $3.99 USD$3.99
- Bundled eBook $0.99 USD$0.99
- Bundled eBook $5.99 USD$5.99
- Bundled eBook Credit $6.99$6.99
- Bundled eBook Credit $8.99$8.99
- Bundled eBook Credit $7.99$7.99
- Bundled eBook Credit $9.99$9.99