Bitmoji is your own personal emoji.
• Create an expressive cartoon avatar
• Choose from a huge library of stickers – all featuring YOU
• Use Bitmoji in Snapchat and wherever else you chat
Using Bitmoji in Snapchat unlocks Friendmoji – 2-person Bitmojis featuring you and your friends!
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I had bitmoji for a while a couple years ago and deleted it. No one was really using it and it got boring for me. I decided to redownload the app when my friends on snapchat began using it. I find a lot of them to be hilarious, so I’ve had fun incorporating them into my everyday phone conversations.
That said, I have two issues with the app. One minor issue - why isn’t there a search function in the app to find bitmojis? Scrolling through them is nice just to see what’s randomly there, but when I’m texting and looking for something specific, it’d be nice to have the option to narrow it down more quickly. Which brings me to my second, bigger issue.
Someone reading this might say - you can do that with the keyboard... why aren’t you using that? Well, when I went to integrate bitmoji with my text app, a notification popped up saying something along the lines of I would be giving permission for the app to access my texts, even past texts. That really bothered me. Why would the app need access to my past text messages? Like what purpose does that serve? So I declined, and I copy bitmojis straight from the app instead. Lengthier process, sure, but I really only use them with one person anyway.
So I’d like an in-app search feature if possible. :)
Great app but room for improvement
I love bitmoji. All my friends use it on a daily basis, we all laugh at all the things our personal emojis can do. However, there are some some things I (and other people who have reviewed the app) would like added.
1) Outfits. I love all the different clothing options, but there are not many that fit my style. I would love a way to mix & match tops with various bottoms, and different shoes/accessories. Also a way to maybe create your own shirts. Like a plain a colored shirt and the ability to pick various words/images.
2) Face options. All I’m saying here is I’d love options for braces, earrings, etc.
3) Emojis. I absolutely love exploring the app to see all the different captions that go with my bitmoji. But sometimes I’d love to express something with my hilarious character. So if we had the ability to pick a position of our bitmoji, and add words, colors, and fonts, that would be absolutely awesome. One last thing. Language. What is up with some of the language in this app? It just seems unnecessary. I’m not saying to remove it, but have a filter. That would be great.
If these things were added, bitmoji would be 5/5 stars. Great job with this app nevertheless. 👏👏
Take a Leap
I love Bitmoji, as someone who struggles to communicate over text I find them so charming and personalized and perfect for cute playful additions to any conversation (except serious ones, don’t bitmoji in serious conversations ofc). The increase in art styles and the wide plethora of scenes and expressions are really a lot of fun!
But I do have higher hopes. As a non-binary person, I can accept the binary options it’s a lot to ask of a company to just combine all the body types and clothes into one neutral option— but since I dO use the male body for my bitmoji I was hoping in an increase in fashion options for males! Mainstream male fashion is kind of boring! And there’s little room for exploration in the options available. Nothing too cute or too bold— it’s mostly sports jerseys and I don’t really have an interest in sports. Or jeans and buttonups. I do like the one option of a sort-of goth looking cardigan and bird skull pendant, that’s a real step in the right direction! But I’m biased as a goth myself. I just hope there’s equal time and money going into making fun quirky outfits for either side of the spectrum, I read every update with baited breath awaiting the day men’s fashion gets an upgrade.
- Bitstrips Inc.
- 156 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Bitstrips Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.