“If you want your kids to be great at spelling, then download this app now! It includes over 1000 pre-build practice tests to choose from! Plus all the spelling activities are turned into fun games so kids feel like they are playing games!”
Endorsed by tens of thousands of satisfied parents, teachers, and kids the world over.
WHAT MAKES BITSBOARD SPELLING BEE UNIQUE?
• The App comes pre-loaded with 1,000 Spelling Tests - that’s 10,000+ practice words organized by grade and skill level.
• The App includes multiple fun spelling activities and games to keep kids engaged
• The App is super simple and easy to customize - each game can easily be customized for each student
• You can even create spelling lists with photos which is great for early learners since images make it much faster and easier to remember the correct spelling of words.
• You can create, download, and share spelling lists for free
• Track your kids progress and quickly see how they are doing for each spelling list and which words they are struggling with
• Multiple play modes keep kids engaged. If you don't want to take a test, you can use the practice mode or let your kids unscramble the words
• Practice spelling on the go. This app is perfect for using no matter where you are.
• HUGE time saver! Finally kids can rapidly boost their spelling test scores without your help.
NOW AVAILABLE VIA IN APP PURCHASE
• The App now includes over 1,000 pre-build spelling lists grouped by grade level and skill
• The App now includes over 10,000 practice words with pre-recorded audios by grade and level of difficulty
• Over 200 spelling lists with crisp photos and illustrations. Gorgeous photos help improve memory and keep kids engaged
• You get instant access to all pre-build premium spelling lists via one simple in-app-purchase
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed audio recording bug that was affecting some users
- Fixed Airdrop bug that was affecting some users
Ratings and Reviews
At first, I thought this app would be a great way to study for my upcoming spelling bee. But unfortunately, when I tried to join a class, it charged me $5. I think that you should be able to join classes freely. When I got into the app, it only let me have one board to use. I would suggest including more free boards to use. It is an awesome idea, but it could be executed better. I do like the many different spelling games though. Another problem was the homophones. One of the words was “weight” and I was playing the spelling bee minigame. They play a recording of the word, so I didn’t know if it meant “wait” or “weight”. I typed “wait” and it counted it as wrong. There should be a sentence option where you can see the word in a sentence. Again, in the true or false minigame, it showed the word “wait”. I knew that it was the correct spelling of the word “wait”, so I pressed true. But I was told that I was incorrect. They meant “weight”. I do not think this word should be in the true or false game.
Freezes in Media Picker
Love that you can add your own spelling lists, but when I go to change default pictures given to my words, the "Media Picker" has started freezing on me. What should take a few minutes takes forever, and I have given up on changing the pictures.
Just for more fun, today I finally got the media picke web search to populate to choose a new picture for the word South. I clicked on a compass rose and when it expanded to full size, it was a marijuana leaf. It happened three times in a row with different pictures.
About a week ago, I put in a new list and let the app populate default pictures. As I clicked through to preview/change individual pictures, I found a picture of a man's mid-section with his hand down his pants. Um, might want to work on your default picture selections. I can't remember what the word was.
Great app but one minor problem
Spelling Bee is a great app. When I first bought it, things were going great. However, when I was joining the 5th grade class it asked me to buy it. I don’t like that. You should just be able to go into every class freely. Also when you are getting into either the app or settings, it asks you for your password. Honestly, I don’t mind that problem that much, but it would be nice to have a change. Overall, this app is an AWESOME app, and I would recommend it to people who have an interest in spelling. This app is also great for Spelling Bee representatives. So overall, I think this app is great, however I would like to see this fixed.
- Innovative Investments Limited
- 137.1 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Grasshopper Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Spelling PRO (Unlocks Everything) $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.