By BitTorrent, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sync lets you share your files directly from device to device without using the cloud. Sync photos, videos, presentations, PDFs, and more with unlimited sharing capacity and no folder size limits.
Sync links your devices with a private identity, which means your information is never stored on servers in the cloud. Sync skips the cloud to keep your data secure and transfers files up to 16x faster.
On-demand access to all of the synced folders on your Mac, PC, or NAS device allows you to sync your files only when you need them to save space on your iOS device.
• Access your folders and files from your iOS device.
• Add photos, videos, docs, and other files to any of your synced folders directly from other apps.
• Automatically backup your Camera Roll to a folder on your computer to protect your memories.
• Files are encrypted in-flight to keep them private and protected.
• Your information is never stored on a server in the cloud.
• Take a picture of a QR code to easily connect to folders on other devices.
• Sync large folders on-demand.
Sync 2.x introduces lots of great features:
• Ability to cancel pending file transfers.
• Back up your linked devices in two taps.
• Change which devices you back up to at any time.
• Peer list of connected devices visible for each folder.
• View details for each folder including size, number of files, last synced date, and other helpful info.
• Updated user interface and performance improvements.
To get the best performance and to avoid running up your data charges while syncing folders, we recommend leaving the "Use Cellular Data" setting off.
Please note that BitTorrent Sync is a personal file syncing application. It is not compatible with torrent file sharing applications.
What's New in Version 2.1.0
- You can now share items from other applications using Sync! Using the "share" or "open in" button in another application, you can add items directly to a Sync folder. This could be anything from pictures in the Photos app to a document you created in Pages.
- In another application, you can now open and edit files that are in a Sync folder. For example, you can use Numbers to open a spreadsheet that you synced to your device.
- Photos and videos can now be viewed full screen in Sync with onscreen options to clear the locally cached file, delete it from the folder, or open it in another application.
- All information and actions for a Sync folder can now be accessed by clicking the "circle i" icon to the right of the folder's name.
- Design and usability improvements.
- Performance improvements and minor bug fixes.
I don't normally write reviews, I find them as a waste of time, but holy crap did I have to make an exception for this app. If you have an external hard drive at home, like I do BTW, two 2TB to be exact), than you basically have your own cloud service. I have my root folder setup on my external hard drive so all my pictures and what not are syncing up straight to my external hard drive. Good job guys, I haven't ran into an autosync feature. Everything has had to been manually synced.
Set up good on iPhone 6, but forced me to sign up 30 day trial on my PC
Set up good on iPhone 6, but forced me to sign up 30 day trial on my PC, after I'd downloaded it, when untried to open it. Repeatedly it wouldn't let me past that page, asking if I wanted a 30 day upgrade, which I really didn't, but was forced to take. It then worked well transferring photos. I admit I skimmed the material, without reading every single word, so maybe it just won't work on PC without upgrade, which if so, would drop my rating to a 2 from 4.
Although this version has a bug it is still a 5* app
This version developed a bug which causes the app to crash. I notified the developers who asked for logs and very shortly after I sent the logs they advised that they identified the bug and would correct it.
To me this is a sign of a good app.
The app does what it advertises and has good solid support
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 04, 2015
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BitTorrent, Inc
- © 2015 BitTorrent, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.