By BitTorrent, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sync lets you share your files directly from device to device without using the cloud. Sync photos, videos, presentations, PDFs, and more with unlimited sharing capacity and no folder size limits.
Sync links your devices with a private identity, which means your information is never stored on servers in the cloud. Sync skips the cloud to keep your data secure and transfers files up to 16x faster.
On-demand access to all of the synced folders on your Mac, PC, or NAS device allows you to sync your files only when you need them to save space on your iOS device.
• Access your folders and files from your iOS device.
• Add photos, videos, docs, and PDFs from your iOS device to any of your synced folders.
• Automatically backup your Camera Roll to a folder on your computer to protect your memories.
• Files are encrypted in-flight to keep them private and protected.
• Your information is never stored on a server in the cloud.
• Take a picture of a QR code to easily connect to folders on other devices.
• Sync large folders on-demand.
Sync 2.0 introduces lots of great features:
• Ability to cancel pending file transfers.
• Back up your linked devices in two taps.
• Change which devices you back up to at any time.
• Peer list of connected devices visible for each folder.
• View details for each folder including size, number of files, last synced date, and other helpful info.
• Updated user interface and performance improvements.
To get the best performance and to avoid running up your data charges while syncing folders, we recommend leaving the "Use Cellular Data" setting off.
Please note that BitTorrent Sync is a personal file syncing application. It is not compatible with torrent file sharing applications.
What's New in Version 2.0.27
• Fixed an issue that would cause the app to crash on iOS 7 when viewing certain file types
• Fixed an issue where sometimes files cannot be opened
Have been using since they first released v.1 years ago
This is a MASSIVE upgrade though aesthetically it's the same user interface more or less, the extra options and control you have make this a MUST HAVE. Ditch your Dropbox, GDrive, SugarSync, Box, or any paid Cloud storage (or keep one and throw it in your master BitSync folder).
I cannot recommend this user-friendly, rock solid app enough. It was the best kept secret (no pun intended for fellow alpha and beta users) on the Internet for years. Backing up my work files, music collection, ever-growing photo collection that eats up space on my 5S, and movies in between computers or devices all over the country with AES-256 encryption and nothing run or stored on a "cloud" is well worth the annual $40 charge. Casual users who just want to back up data can't go wrong with the free option either. By far my #1 used app on my desktop.
Totally secure and good performance
I use all these sync services including Dropbox and box and eve one to my synology. The major problem with most is that there ends up a copy of your data on someone else's server. That copy can be hacked or discovered by anybody. I like the peer to peer nature of this application. And the extra security. Has some issues syncing with old versions but just upgrade all your clients and you are good.
Worked well before 2.0
I have been using Sync for quite some time now, but ever since the 2.0 update, the app refuses to upload any new photos from my camera onto my computer. I've removed both sides of the program many times, and it only does the initial sync. Any photos taken after that will not be uploaded. Both sides of the sync are running the latest version. Why will you not work?
Shame there is nothing as easy to set up as this app and program.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 28, 2015
- Version: 2.0.27
- Size: 10.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BitTorrent, Inc
- © 2015 BitTorrent, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.