By BitTorrent, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sync lets you share your files directly from device to device without using the cloud. Sync photos, videos, presentations, PDFs, and more with unlimited sharing capacity and no folder size limits.
Sync links your devices with a private identity, which means your information is never stored on servers in the cloud. Sync skips the cloud to keep your data secure and transfers files up to 16x faster.
On-demand access to all of the synced folders on your Mac, PC, or NAS device allows you to sync your files only when you need them to save space on your iOS device.
• Access your folders and files from your iOS device.
• Add photos, videos, docs, and other files to any of your synced folders directly from other apps.
• Automatically backup your Camera Roll to a folder on your computer to protect your memories.
• Files are encrypted in-flight to keep them private and protected.
• Your information is never stored on a server in the cloud.
• Take a picture of a QR code to easily connect to folders on other devices.
• Sync large folders on-demand.
Sync 2.x introduces lots of great features:
• Ability to cancel pending file transfers.
• Back up your linked devices in two taps.
• Change which devices you back up to at any time.
• Peer list of connected devices visible for each folder.
• View details for each folder including size, number of files, last synced date, and other helpful info.
• Updated user interface and performance improvements.
To get the best performance and to avoid running up your data charges while syncing folders, we recommend leaving the "Use Cellular Data" setting off.
Please note that BitTorrent Sync is a personal file syncing application. It is not compatible with torrent file sharing applications.
What's New in Version 2.2.0
-It’s now easier to start using Sync and link your devices with simplified onboarding and usability improvements.
-We’ve made Sync more reliable and fixed many glitches you reported, including crashes, linking performance and design issues.
Great functionality, UI could be improved
Best app for syncing photos to your computer. Hasn't crapped out like other wireless transfer apps, and just works. Also, most other apps require you to be on the same wireless network. With this app, you can sync photos to your computer from across the world on a different wifi network, or even over a cellular network if you have the bandwidth. However, the user interface of the photo portion of the app could be improved - giving better indication of what is being transferred and how much time is left, showing the photos, etc. If the UI was more like amazon's photo app, for example, that would be awesome.
I really want to like this
The technology is really neat. When it works, it works well. But the people writing the iOS software just can't make it work reliably. Over the summer, there were weeks of inability to open the app at all (immediate crash). Sure, bugs happen, but weeks to resolve it? Crazy. Now it turns out not to run on the new iPhones. Apple has a free iPhone simulator in Xcode! Was this app not even checked?
Now it'll be weeks before they get around to fixing it again. Bottom line is I use this app, but I sure as heck don't trust it with critical data - I never know when it just won't work and I'll be locked out for a few weeks until a fix is finally available.
Good app, needs the ability to sort folder list by date
It's a very useful application but it's sometimes difficult to find a file. It would be useful to be able to sort the newest added files to the type of their list for easy find. This is especially useful when you have a sync folder with many files contained therein.
No other real issues found at the moment. It does what it is supposed to.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 09, 2015
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 12.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: BitTorrent, Inc
- © 2015 BitTorrent, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.