Bitwarden is the easiest and safest way to store all of your logins and passwords while conveniently keeping them synced between all of your devices. The Bitwarden app extension allows you to quickly log into any website through Safari or Chrome and is supported by hundreds of other popular apps.
Password theft is a serious problem. The websites and apps that you use are under attack every day. Security breaches occur and your passwords are stolen. When you reuse the same passwords across apps and websites hackers can easily access your email, bank, and other important accounts.
Security experts recommend that you use a different, randomly generated password for every account that you create. But how do you manage all those passwords? Bitwarden makes it easy for you to create, store, and access your passwords.
Bitwarden stores all of your logins in an encrypted vault that syncs across all of your devices. Since it's fully encrypted before it ever leaves your device, only you have access to your data. Not even the team at Bitwarden can read your data, even if we wanted to. Your data is sealed with AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256.
Bitwarden is 100% open source software. The source code for Bitwarden is hosted on GitHub and everyone is free to review, audit, and contribute to the Bitwarden codebase.
- New languages: en-GB and ca
- Bug fixes
- UX improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Runs with the big dogs
For a one man show, this app and system overall has had near parity with at least LastPass (the good parts of LastPass) since the beginning. In a rare feat these days, updates make the app better, not worse. This had iOS 12 password filling within 3 days, after a discussion with users on the feature request forum on how it should look and work. The premium subscription is a no-brainer but you can absolutely get by without it and not miss any basic functionality you’d expect from a password manager. My bug reports are always responded to almost immediately, if only to tell me it’s a duplicate of another bug he’s already working on or that I’m doing it wrong. Try getting that out of LastPass (you won’t, which is why I moved here).
All-in-One Password App
Bottom Line: Great app/add-on for your passwords
I needed a way to easily store/access the multiple passwords I have for the dozens of websites/apps I use constantly. My first attempt was to use a spreadsheet stored locally on my computer and it worked fine as an interim solution but eventually became cumbersome. After searching online and reading lots of reviews, I decided on two options: Dashlane and Bitwarden. Both apps provide similar functionality but after using both for a short period of time, I decided Bitwarden was for me and have not looked back. It's been almost a year now and I couldn't be happier with all this app provided. It works on every platform with little effort from the user. My only concern/con for the app is my willingness to trust a company with all of my information so currently I don't store anything tied to my bank account or credit card but that will change. I also keep a spreadsheet as a backup because you never know when a company will decide to close shop and take all your data.
- unsure how I can verify security measures
- unsure how long they'll be around
- easy to use
- open source
- donation based
- not platform specific
Started off using passwords I could remember. Every site or app needs a password and shortly you can’t remember them all. Tried several different password managers but each had their own short comings or flaws. Found one that worked better than most, but then it was no longer supported. Each time I changed password managers, I had to spend hours inputting all my data. Found a manager that worked but didn’t sync across devices. Each time you made changes you had to go through the “Dropbox” routine. Finally came across “Bitwarden”. It seems to fit my needs and it is free. So nice that a change on one device is quickly updated to my other devices.
- 8bit Solutions LLC
- 121.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 8bit Solutions LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.