Bitwarden is the easiest and safest way to store all of your logins and passwords while conveniently keeping them synced between all of your devices. The Bitwarden app extension allows you to quickly log into any website through Safari or Chrome and is supported by hundreds of other popular apps.
Password theft is a serious problem. The websites and apps that you use are under attack every day. Security breaches occur and your passwords are stolen. When you reuse the same passwords across apps and websites hackers can easily access your email, bank, and other important accounts.
Security experts recommend that you use a different, randomly generated password for every account that you create. But how do you manage all those passwords? Bitwarden makes it easy for you to create, store, and access your passwords.
Bitwarden stores all of your logins in an encrypted vault that syncs across all of your devices. Since it's fully encrypted before it ever leaves your device, only you have access to your data. Not even the team at Bitwarden can read your data, even if we wanted to. Your data is sealed with AES-256 bit encryption, salted hashing, and PBKDF2 SHA-256.
Bitwarden is 100% open source software. The source code for Bitwarden is hosted on GitHub and everyone is free to review, audit, and contribute to the Bitwarden codebase.
- AutoFill support for iOS 12. Enable it under iOS Settings > Passwords & Accounts > AutoFill Passwords.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
All-in-One Password App
Bottom Line: Great app/add-on for your passwords
I needed a way to easily store/access the multiple passwords I have for the dozens of websites/apps I use constantly. My first attempt was to use a spreadsheet stored locally on my computer and it worked fine as an interim solution but eventually became cumbersome. After searching online and reading lots of reviews, I decided on two options: Dashlane and Bitwarden. Both apps provide similar functionality but after using both for a short period of time, I decided Bitwarden was for me and have not looked back. It's been almost a year now and I couldn't be happier with all this app provided. It works on every platform with little effort from the user. My only concern/con for the app is my willingness to trust a company with all of my information so currently I don't store anything tied to my bank account or credit card but that will change. I also keep a spreadsheet as a backup because you never know when a company will decide to close shop and take all your data.
- unsure how I can verify security measures
- unsure how long they'll be around
- easy to use
- open source
- donation based
- not platform specific
Easy to use and has all the features I need.
I’ve struggled to find a password manager I liked. I want something I can trust, is easy to use, has useful features, and is affordable. There are other decent options but no great ones. I stumbled upon Bitwarden and have been happy with it since day one. It is especially good since iOS 12 was released with the more powerful auto fill for password apps. The dev releases new features like that very quickly which is nice. There was one small issue I encountered and Kyle responded very quickly and worked with me to get it resolved. More people need to be using this app!
I was undecided between bitwarden and a few other password managers. Eventually, I chose bitwarden because of its growing reputation on Hacker News and reddit. The other unique differentiator by which bitwarden won me over the other options is that it’s a very user-friendly, cross-platform, cross-browser solution with “batteries included” while at the same time being FLOSS (free/libre/open-source software) because I am a strong believer of Linus’s Law (“given enough eyeballs, all the bugs are shallow”.) The latter, in my opinion, is especially important when it comes to a piece of software that is in charge of keeping your personal information securely.
- 8bit Solutions LLC
- 121 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 8bit Solutions LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.