BitWiz Audio Synth
By Kymatica (Jonatan Liljedahl)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore the algorithmic music of simple bitwise arithmetic operations while watching the retro-digital 3D graphics!
BitWiz Audio Synth translates C-like code expressions into 8-bit generative stereo audio in real-time. The entered code expression is used to calculate each audio frame, also known as "bytebeat" synthesis.
Record your sessions and export through itunes or Audio Copy to other apps, or upload to your SoundCloud account.
Use the dual multitouch XY-pad or external MIDI control to tweak variables in the expression in real-time. Play BitWiz as a musical instrument or compose algorithmic pieces that evolves by themselves! BitWiz can also include the microphone input for crazy distortion effects!
BitWiz comes bundled with lots of examples, and you can easily add your own codes to the built-in library.
You can also share your codes by e-mail, twitter or facebook, or open them in another application.
You don't need to learn C to use this app, just play around with the included codes and tweak a number here or there, and strange glitchy variations will appear. You can even let BitWiz generate random codes for you with a swipe!
"Killer App" - Apps4idevices
"Amazingly good fun", "App of the week" - PalmSounds
"A most excellent generative noise maker" - Zaxism
"I love the app!" - Discchord
"I just had to add this gem to my list" - Sascha Dikiciyan (Sonic mayhem)
• Real-time BYTEBEAT synthesizer
• Retro-digital 3D VISUALS
• Universal app (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch), landscape and portrait
• Instant update of audio for LIVE-CODING
• Multitouch XY-Pad for TWEAKING/PLAYING in real-time
• Core MIDI support for external control
• RECORD to file and export or AUDIOCOPY into other apps
• Stream the output to other AUDIOBUS compatible apps
• Upload recordings to SOUNDCLOUD
• SHARE codes through twitter, email or open in other apps
• Supports samplerates 44100, 22050, 14700, 11025, 8820, etc.
• STEREO audio
• Optional MICROPHONE input for distortion effects
• Custom keyboard with arrow-keys for easy editing
• Background audio operation
• Lots of included FACTORY PRESETS
• Transfer codes and recordings through iTunes file sharing
• Swipe with two fingers to generate code randomly!
What's New in Version 2.3.6
• Fixes for iOS7
• Updated third party SDKs
I'm surprise that this app has so little reviews.
BitWiz is the coolest sound generator I ever tried on iOS.
Unlike others, this app allows to type your "C-like" codes straight from the main interface, control XY variables with 1 or 2 fingers and save your new sounds in the user library.
Thanks for making such a simple and elegant app, and thank you (thank you, thank you, thank you) for the core midi support.
Electronic Music Maker
Use this with Audiobus in any of the three slots, input, filter, or output. You can control it via midi cc from other apps or hardware via CCK or iRig Midi etc...
Try filtering it with WOW, JamUp, etc...
Doesn't require a lot of iOS resources to run so you can use it to add more flavor to your music chain/flow.
The developer is responsive and updates regularly.
Works really well as a generator/audiobus effect. Creates unique sounds
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 19, 2013
- Version: 2.3.6
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: jonatan liljedahl
- © 2012 Jonatan Liljedahl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.