BitWiz Audio Synth
By Kymatica (Jonatan Liljedahl)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore the algorithmic music of simple bitwise arithmetic operations while watching the retro-digital 3D graphics!
BitWiz Audio Synth translates C-like code expressions into 8-bit generative stereo audio in real-time. The entered code expression is used to calculate each audio frame, also known as "bytebeat" synthesis.
Record your sessions and export through itunes or Audio Copy to other apps, or upload to your SoundCloud account.
Use the dual multitouch XY-pad or external MIDI control to tweak variables in the expression in real-time. Play BitWiz as a musical instrument or compose algorithmic pieces that evolves by themselves! BitWiz can also include the microphone input for crazy distortion effects!
BitWiz comes bundled with lots of examples, and you can easily add your own codes to the built-in library.
You can also share your codes by e-mail, twitter or facebook, or open them in another application.
You don't need to learn C to use this app, just play around with the included codes and tweak a number here or there, and strange glitchy variations will appear. You can even let BitWiz generate random codes for you with a swipe!
"Killer App" - Apps4idevices
"Amazingly good fun", "App of the week" - PalmSounds
"A most excellent generative noise maker" - Zaxism
"I love the app!" - Discchord
"I just had to add this gem to my list" - Sascha Dikiciyan (Sonic mayhem)
• Real-time BYTEBEAT synthesizer
• Retro-digital 3D VISUALS
• Universal app (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch), landscape and portrait
• Instant update of audio for LIVE-CODING
• Multitouch XY-Pad for TWEAKING/PLAYING in real-time
• Core MIDI support for external control
• RECORD to file and export or AUDIOCOPY into other apps
• Stream the output to other AUDIOBUS compatible apps
• Upload recordings to SOUNDCLOUD
• SHARE codes through twitter, email or open in other apps
• Supports samplerates 44100, 22050, 14700, 11025, 8820, etc.
• STEREO audio
• Optional MICROPHONE input for distortion effects
• Custom keyboard with arrow-keys for easy editing
• Background audio operation
• Lots of included FACTORY PRESETS
• Transfer codes and recordings through iTunes file sharing
• Swipe with two fingers to generate code randomly!
What's New in Version 2.3.8
• Upstream fixes for Audiobus
• Improved stability in Audiobus and Inter-App Audio
Please add User Code shortcut on left 2/17
The app is amazing for generating graphically and artistically unique, complex and beautiful waveforms. I recommend it to anyone looking to get away from canned keyboard apps. Looking forward to trying with MIDI!
Please add shortcuts to user code and recordings directly on the left of sound production. The extra time it takes to filter through 100+ codes is annoying. Thanks.
True experimental music
I have used similar apps before, but there's no space for anyone else after BitWiz :)
It's not only glitches and noises (although I really dig this side of it). This really shines when you need that really retro chiptune sound or a different type of synthetic sound.
You gotta really try it with MIDI and unleash it's full power!
Electronic Music Maker
You don't need to be a mathematician to get sound going, play around with various symbols, variables, and numbers. For more rhythmic and harmonious output, control the variables in your code with midi cc.
Use this with Audiobus in any of the three slots, input, filter, or output. You can control it via midi cc from other apps or hardware via CCK or iRig Midi etc...
Try filtering it with WOW, JamUp, etc...
Doesn't require a lot of iOS resources to run so you can use it to add more flavor to your music chain/flow.
The developer is responsive and updates regularly.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 07, 2014
- Version: 2.3.8
- Size: 3.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: jonatan liljedahl
- © 2012 Jonatan Liljedahl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.