BitWiz Audio Synth
By Kymatica (Jonatan Liljedahl)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore the algorithmic music of simple bitwise arithmetic operations while watching the retro-digital 3D graphics!
BitWiz Audio Synth translates C-like code expressions into 8-bit generative stereo audio in real-time. The entered code expression is used to calculate each audio frame, also known as "bytebeat" synthesis.
Record your sessions and export through itunes or Audio Copy to other apps, or upload to your SoundCloud account.
Use the dual multitouch XY-pad or external MIDI control to tweak variables in the expression in real-time. Play BitWiz as a musical instrument or compose algorithmic pieces that evolves by themselves! BitWiz can also include the microphone input for crazy distortion effects!
BitWiz comes bundled with lots of examples, and you can easily add your own codes to the built-in library.
You can also share your codes by e-mail, twitter or facebook, or open them in another application.
You don't need to learn C to use this app, just play around with the included codes and tweak a number here or there, and strange glitchy variations will appear. You can even let BitWiz generate random codes for you with a swipe!
"Killer App" - Apps4idevices
"Amazingly good fun", "App of the week" - PalmSounds
"A most excellent generative noise maker" - Zaxism
"I love the app!" - Discchord
"I just had to add this gem to my list" - Sascha Dikiciyan (Sonic mayhem)
• Real-time BYTEBEAT synthesizer
• Retro-digital 3D VISUALS
• Universal app (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch), landscape and portrait
• Instant update of audio for LIVE-CODING
• Multitouch XY-Pad for TWEAKING/PLAYING in real-time
• Core MIDI support for external control
• RECORD to file and export or AUDIOCOPY into other apps
• Stream the output to other AUDIOBUS compatible apps
• Upload recordings to SOUNDCLOUD
• SHARE codes through twitter, email or open in other apps
• Supports samplerates 44100, 22050, 14700, 11025, 8820, etc.
• STEREO audio
• Optional MICROPHONE input for distortion effects
• Custom keyboard with arrow-keys for easy editing
• Background audio operation
• Lots of included FACTORY PRESETS
• Transfer codes and recordings through iTunes file sharing
• Swipe with two fingers to generate code randomly!
What's New in Version 2.3.8
• Upstream fixes for Audiobus
• Improved stability in Audiobus and Inter-App Audio
Perfect but can you add some kind of hearing protection?
I use headphones to make sounds - the app is flawless - but at 50% volume it sometimes generates noise so strong it leaves my ears ringing for hours on a single noise. I mean, try // DEAF
r=5,w=(((2^1480+t<<w)*y)*(t^872/t)) at half volume and see how you do. If you could just add it as an option so I could still fine-tune lower stuff at high volume and turn protection on during random generation it would really make headphone use a lot better. The app is amazing for generating graphically and artistically unique, complex and beautiful waveforms. I recommend it to anyone looking to get away from canned keyboard apps. Looking forward to trying with MIDI!
True experimental music
I have used similar apps before, but there's no space for anyone else after BitWiz :)
It's not only glitches and noises (although I really dig this side of it). This really shines when you need that really retro chiptune sound or a different type of synthetic sound.
You gotta really try it with MIDI and unleash it's full power!
I love this app and really recommend to those who want experiment with sound. One another app from a great developer.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 07, 2014
- Version: 2.3.8
- Size: 3.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: jonatan liljedahl
- © 2012 Jonatan Liljedahl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.