Bizarre Vintage Cards
By Small View Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Our entire line of greeting card apps was featured in "5 Excellent E-Card iPhone Apps" by Mashable
Now, for the first time, in the palm of your hand, Bizarre Vintage Cards brings you our exclusive collection of over one hundred and fifty beautiful, classic, weird and strange greeting cards for all occasions. An amazing group of historic visual jokes.
You'll have access to authentic cards spanning the history of paper greetings from the Victorian Era to Post-War America. All of the cards come from the largest privately owned archive of fully restored and retouched holiday paper collectibles.
Flip through the easy to navigate gallery and download as many of the unique cards as you like (there is NO extra charge per item). You can then set any of the card images as wallpaper or, more importantly, instantly e-mail them to friends and family.
- Over one hundred and fifty strange vintage joke cards to choose from.
- An easy to use flip-through gallery and one touch download of the cards.
- Email as many cards as you like to as many friends and relatives as you choose.
Great icon, but app could be a bit different
I love greeting card apps, and had to have this one simply for the pickle icon. I didn't totally read the description, and I thought it was more of an e-card app. All it does is download the cards to your photo album, and you can send the picture as an attachment in the email. It would be a lot more useful if you could flip over the postcard, write on it, and email right from the app. But really, it's worth the $1.99 for the pickle!
Strange but true
Who said weird was a modern phenom? Love it!
I read a good web review of this app and got three before trying them (Christmas, Birthday and Bizarre) - but I'm really disappointed.
The cards themselves are wonderful. It's the app that's bugging me. Address these 4 things and I'll come back and give these apps 5 stars.
1. The app crashes when you browse to only about the 15th card in the collection. You can't even SEE the cards after around 15. The rest are useless.
2. The card images aren't in the app itself. You browse and then have to download from their website. Just include the full resolution images and remove that step! Don't require people to reconnect to your site when it could easily be included in the app itself. To top it off, even the full resolution images are really small. They only fill 1/4 width of a normal email window.
3. To email the card, the app places the image in your photos app. You then have to go into the photos app and email it from there. Bleh. Just let me send it from within the app!
4. The card email itself is nothing more than attaching an image to the email. There is no customization of any kind. Where's the inside of the card or message? Yes I can put it in the email body, but just an image attachment was less than I expected, and less than what other card apps do. Give us the "inside" of the card, whether it's a message built as another image in the app, or an html template for email that contains the card image - something.
I really wanted to like this app, and the cards themselves are great - but you really need to improve this.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Released: Sep 21, 2009
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Small View Media
- © Small View Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.