You're already shopping smarter – now shop faster.
BJ's Express Scan™ puts the "go" in one-stop shopping. Scan as you shop. Then at checkout, you don't have to unload and reload your cart – how convenient. Just pay and go. Done.
Here's how BJ's Express Scan works:
1. Download the app once then open it each time you enter the Club. The app requires the camera permission to scan barcodes for shopping.
2. First-time users, please scan your BJ's Membership Card.
3. Scan each item's barcode before placing it in your cart. You'll see a running tally of your purchases so you can keep track of your spending.
4. When you're done shopping, go to the designated BJ's Express Scan Pay Station. Scan the bar code on the Pay Station screen with your device. No lifting – leave your items in your cart.
5. Then check out and pay – and take your paper receipt.
* BJ's Express Scan does not work at other retailers and is for authorized BJ's Members only.
Added functionality to display item count on the main screen below total savings and transaction total. Note that users may be required to accept location permissions.
BJ's Express Scan is currently available at participating Clubs only:
Florida: Port Orange
Massachusetts: Dedham, Northborough & Plymouth
New Hampshire: Nashua
New York: Freeport
Ratings and Reviews
“Developing” shouldn’t take this long
Looking back at other reviews, the first negative review that this app doesn’t work is from August 4, 2017. For all the reviews stating the app doesn’t work, the developer copied and pasted the same form reply to all negative on January 6, 2018, stating that the app was only available in 7 pilot stores. Now, in the app description, it is apparently only available in 1 store.
If you’re going to make an app like this, I understand beta testing is important. However, to have 5 months of testing, then to only have it available in 1 store is a complete waste of effort and extremely annoying. At this point, either get this app going in all stores, or just remove it from existence. If there is no plan to bring this feature to all stores, I do not want this app wasting space on my phone.
This is a textbook example of half-a$$ing a project and then dropping the ball on it. Also, please do not copy and paste the same form reply from January 6. I have already seen it... several times.
Thank you for voicing your feedback. We are sorry this is frustrating to you and it is taking longer than you expected. Express Scan is a complex solution that involves multiple system integrations, software development, and hardware procurement and installation in Clubs. To ensure the best results for the entire chain, we are making system and operational enhancements based on our learnings from the 7 pilot clubs and are building out a chain-wide implementation plan for the program. Please expand the description of the app to see the full list of the pilot clubs.
List corrupted when WiFi disconnects
I have used this app several times in the past few months at the Nashua pilot location and it has generally worked fine. However on a recent busy Saturday the app behaved in a completely unacceptable manner. Scans of products kept timing out attempting to look in the database and the WiFi was losing connection; understandable since the store was very busy. However every time the app reconnected and added the scanned item it actually added it twice and overwrote items that were previously in my cart correctly. Fortunately I noticed this before I checked out when I realized my cart total was more than $100 higher than I expected. I ended up ditching the app for the day and using regular check out.
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please email us at SocialCare@bjs.com with additional details
After 1 kink, it worked!
When I say “1 kink”, it couldn’t connect to the point of sale system in the beginning, so I restarted the app, tried again, and it connected! Went about my shopping using an excel type list in another app, and kept switching back to the BJ’s app to scan. Not one hiccup!
Went to pay, and it loaded my entire list on the registers screen, paid, and walked out. I don’t think I was at the register for more than a minute. I got through faster than the folks in the self checkout line! I’m using this everytime I shop here now.
We appreciate the wonderful feedback. Happy that the "kink" got corrected and you could use this service at your club.
- BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc
- 9.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 BJ's Wholesale Club
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.