Blackboard Collaborate™ Mobile
By Blackboard Collaborate Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Blackboard Collaborate™ Mobile – Collaborate on your mobile device!
With Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, you can join web conferencing sessions right from your iPhone or iPad.
NOTE: This app must be enabled by your institution to function and is free for you to download. To find out if Blackboard Collaborate Mobile is available at your institution check in with your helpdesk or IT department.
With Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, participants can join a live web conference for online classes, meetings, one-on-one tutoring, group projects, office hours, and much more.
With Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, participants can:
• View whiteboard content, including images, presentations and annotations
• View shared applications and desktops
• Communicate with moderators and other participants via text chat and two-way audio
• Respond to yes/no and multiple-choice polling questions
• Raise their virtual hand for questions or comments
• Use emotions to indicate laughter, confusion, or approval
• View the names, polling responses, and emotions of other session members
• Participate in breakout room sessions
To attend sessions via Blackboard Collaborate Mobile, your institution must have a hosted enterprise Blackboard Collaborate web conferencing license version 12 or higher. Check with your helpdesk or technology department for more details
Now engaging and convenient access to your web conferencing sessions can be as mobile as you are.
What's New in Version 1.1.4
- Fixed issue with muting audio in iOS 7
- Fixed issue with layouts in iOS 7
- Fixed issue with whiteboard objects and multi-line text tool in iOS 5
- Fixed issue with login in iOS 4.3
- 4" retina display optimization
- Support for iOS 7
- Support for 10-minute background timeout (iOS < 7 only)
- Fixed participant list bug in large sessions
- Fixed outside caller during session bug
- Fixed issue with default connection speed settings
- Minor Bug fixes and performance optimizations
Needs some key features
I think this is a wonderful idea, but is missing some key components that make collaborate work. I should be able to send private messages to the moderator. My teachers turn the chat off to make sure people stay on topic, but I can't say anything when she does that. We should also be able to move to other rooms. My teacher makes breakout rooms for people who need help with a problem, but I cant do anything to get into that room! I think this app needs a lot of work.
Mostly works, needs improvements fast though!
This is a great app for when you are out and about and need to quickly sign into class if you don't have your laptop with you. However, there are a lot of features you cannot access on this app that are required my school participation points. It doesn't let you function in break out rooms, you can't send private chats, whiteboard tools don't work, need I go on? All this app really does is let you listen and answer through your microphone. Please fix!!
This app has saved me more than once having problems with viewing black board on a computer in flvsft
For how I get it to work go and send yourself the link in a email that is linked with your phone or ipad when it opens go ahead and put you login id then it will transfer you to the app straight into the live lesson