BlackBox Digital Witness
By ICE BlackBox, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BlackBox Digital Witness automatically sends your audio, video, and GPS information to our secure server where it becomes a permanent record of threatening situations. Video cannot be deleted from the device, preventing an attacker from forcing you to delete an incident against your will.
• One-button streaming of audio, video, and GPS – Our simplified camera interface is designed to be easy to use in emergency situations. Press record, and your video and GPS location are automatically uploaded to our server.
• In-app 911 dialing, with auto-notification to your emergency contacts – If you need to contact 911, this app does more than just dial, it sends your video and location to your emergency contacts by text or email, automatically.
• Review and Share Videos – If the recording is not a 911 emergency but you still wish to send it to someone like law enforcement or school officials, you can easily send the links by text or email.
• Videos cannot be deleted within the app – This is to protect you from being forced to delete the video during an incident. Remember, this is like having a silent witness that won’t back out.
• Report Suspicious Activity
• Defend Against Assault
• Report Animal Abuse
• Prevent Child Abuse
• Prevent Bullying
• Fight Hate Crime
• Document Workplace Harassment
• Document Traffic Incidents
• Record Law-Enforcement Stops
• Safeguard Walks at Night
• When you travel
• Whenever you feel unsafe or threatened
Spread the BlackBox Digital Witness movement to all your friends and family members. Join us today, for a safer tomorrow!
BlackBox Digital Witness is produced in partnership with the National Sheriffs Association and the National Neighborhood Watch.
What's New in Version 2.1.4
Report suspicious activities and terror threats directly to local law enforcement and your state Fusion Center. Use the "Share" feature, then click "Report Report Suspicious Activity."
Report animal abuse to the National Sheriffs Association and your local animal services as part of a grant from The Humane Society of United States. A National Sheriffs' Association monitor will respond to the report and contact local authorities. Use the "Share" feature, then click "Report Animal Abuse."
Rendered useless by requiring Facebook
Kept it on my phone because it might one day prove useful. Last update required logging in with my Facebook account. I don't have one and won;t have one. I uninstalled the app. Remove the Facebook requirement and I will try it again.
Facebook Fun? what happened to this app.
Here you think you are getting an app that can help you from today's creepy surveillance and corporate/cop culture -- and for some reason they MAKE YOU SIGN INI WITH A FACEBOOK LOGIN "to protect your privacy." ??? How insane is this? I don't have or want Facebook — so I deleted this.